Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chase: 6.2 miles in 35 minutes

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hey DSS, great running week there.
    Regarding your realisation that you are quite a bit off 10k race pace I think your previous post covers it perfectly.
    You are training looong at the moment and not a whole amount of speedy stuff as a result, however, once the Summer comes you'll reap the rewards of this huge base you'll have built for yourself and these TTs will start crumbling with a minimal amount of speed specific training!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Cheers belcarra, I'm hoping that all this base building is going to pay off come the summer. Its a long term plan and I'm only 13 weeks into it, so there's no point in being hasty, I have plenty of time to sharpen up and give 35 a good go towards the end of the summer.

I'm actually thinking of training for a big big big event at the end of July, so we'll see if its possible to take a chunk off my 10k PB and increase my endurance over ultra distances at the same time!:eek:

EDIT: I just read this - http://www.mile27.com.au/speed-training-for-ultrarunners-essential-or-a-waste-of-time/

Very reassuring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I'm actually thinking of training for a big big big event at the end of July, so we'll see if its possible to take a chunk off my 10k PB and increase my endurance over ultra distances at the same time!:eek:

EDIT: I just read this - http://www.mile27.com.au/speed-training-for-ultrarunners-essential-or-a-waste-of-time/

Very reassuring :)

Are you Stone Mad or will you change your mind in 24 hours??;)

Good article that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Hmm, not a bad guess but in the words of the great Roy Walker "its good, but its not right" :D

Dont want to leave you in too much suspense but I dont really want to say too much about it until I'm 100% committed to it. I'm gonna make a decision about it soon. Hopefully by the end of the week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Was guessing comrades, but I've just checked the date and I see I'm about 6 weeks early!
    Home or Away?

• Advertisement
Advertisement