Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Argus area near KCR

Options
  • 26-05-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i was looking just for peoples opinions of this area. Im due to move in around june in the estate marked on the map. Im hoping its a nice quite area. Im moving from Tallaght so it would be nice to go to an area thats a bit more relaxed. Anyone live around there that can give me any insights?

http://tinyurl.com/7mxfx73

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Oh lucky you, I had to move in the opposite direction as the rents where too high, Mount Argus is a lovely area, very quiet and settled. Its a nice walk into town and you have Rathmines and Harolds Cross a short walk away.

You also have a superquinn over at sundrive, which is expensive so be aware and a few little shops over there too.

However sundrive also has a fair few knackers hanging around mostly groups of lads who think they are all that and wanna be gangsters cause their from crumlin (which is sundrive) if you ignore them its fine.

Occasionally these gangs have come into mount argus when I was there but a call to the guards who come down promptly and they are gone.

If you have to get the bus then the 54a stops just at the church which brings you back to tallaght if you need to or in the opposite direction into town, and the 18 you get over at sundrive which brings you to rathmines and on to sandymount or out to ballyfermot should you need to get there, but you better off timing that one as its a bit hit and miss.

Your going to have a fab time there, best of luck and i'm green with envy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Great!! thanks for the advice. Coming from Tallaght im well used to little hard men so that should be fine. Do they all hang around the superquinn or further down towards sundrive? I drive so i doubt ill be shopping much in SuperQuinn if only to get their sausages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Usually you'll find them near sundrive park around the four roads pub so they're a bit away from you

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Depending on which part of Mount Argus, one advantage/disadvantage is that it is down a long cul de sac.

There is a good choice in Rathmines - Dunnes, Tesco, Aldi and Lidl. You can also use the 18 or 83 bus to get there.

The local bus stop (Harold's Cross Green) only has two routes, but if you walk one stop towards the city (to the hospice), you get two more routes.

Bus Stop No. 2444
    Lower Kimmage Road, Junction Mount Argus Road
    54a Towards Eden Quay
    9 Towards Charlestown

Bus Stop No. 1344
    Harold's Cross Road, Junction Greenmount Lane
    16 Towards Dublin Airport
    49 Towards Eden Quay
    54a Towards Eden Quay
    9 Towards Charlestown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

yeah sometimes they hang around superquinn but if you dont even acknowledge them then they pretty much ignore you, i lived in an end house with an esb box outside so as you can imagine they all congregated there and the lad next door had a pretty nice motor bike so they where scoping it out but the sundrive guards where quick and no damage done, think they were trying to be big to their mates, but it was the only incident in over a year there so thats not bad

the little park is lovely too and if your not used to church bells ringing to wake you up at the weekend then get used to it but I mean that in a nice way

loved living there and i know you will too best of luck with moving day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

I do be around superquinn on sundrive 4 or 5 times a week for various reasons and to be honest have never seen anything untoward or undesirable.

have not noticed superquinn being expensive either?

Nice cafe called matt the rashers nearby and another place called montos i think

Fresh fish shop next to where irish permanent used to be also - good fish

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Word of warning about the houses in Mount Argus, I lived there and the my only real complaint is that the walls are paper thin. As in so thin if your bedroom wall is beside the main upstairs toilet you can hear the flush loud and clear! Not a pleasant experience in a house share :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jimmyhologram

clicli wrote: »
    Word of warning about the houses in Mount Argus, I lived there and the my only real complaint is that the walls are paper thin. As in so thin if your bedroom wall is beside the main upstairs toilet you can hear the flush loud and clear! Not a pleasant experience in a house share :eek:

Had this experience there too, more so than anywhere I've ever lived. Cowboy construction at its worst. Having said that, it's fine if everyone is keeping the same hours, more or less, and I'd live there again if the chance arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What was the areas like during the floods last October?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Moving to Mount Argus Crescent myself in a few weeks. Our house is right beside Pearse Park which worries me slightly in terms of people hopping over the wall but it seems to be fenced off quite well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Benjani

Anyone got any more stories to tell about this area? Looking at a gaff in this area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

I lived there for over a year. Its a quiet estate with mostly rented houses. Never had any trouble there. Walked home many of times from town as well without any hassle.

However, the house was broken into before I moved in.

All in all its a nice area...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Was slightly worried about break in situation! Moving in tomorrow and the house has a wall and gate alongside that would provide easy access to the back garden. The house is alarmed though. Still will be on my kind, the estate itself is fine but it's not far from some dodgy areas!

Advertisement