Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel the 'only democracy' in the Middle East strikes again

• 26-05-2012 11:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Once again the true nature of Israeli society drops it's mask, this time with the Zionists attacking Africans instead of Palestinians. If this was a demo and attack by right wing louts in Berlin or London, it would be denounced as " anti Semitic and racist ". But when it's done by Zionists as usual it will be ignored with even some of them accusing us of - what for it - anti Semitic racism !!!!!

So folks, are Israelis the most hypocritical nation on earth?

Israeli Kristallnacht: Africans attacked in Tel Aviv anti-migrant demo
    http://www.rt.com/news/israel-anti-migrant-demo-061/

afp-photo-roni-37832.jpg?Lo0P=b784b59092a570f184e3ef37f1cac38884712

A car that was attacked by Israeli rascists as it drove by with African people inside.
    african-drive-shattered-protesters.jpg?Lo0P=33b60ea311cab34d916b41a79f5c356397162

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

Once again the true nature of Israeli society drops it's mask

You start a thread like that and then wonder why some people might suggest you are driven by a racist agenda?

The obsession with Israel that comes from some parts of the Irish population is downright weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Ah yes, because there are no racists in any other countrty. What a pathetic thread OP. And the "Israeli Kristallnacht"? Disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Einhard wrote: »
    Ah yes, because there are no racists in any other countrty. What a pathetic thread OP. And the "Israeli Kristallnacht"? Disgusting.
    I didn't write the newspaper article, contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Maybe not a kristalnacht, but worse than the Limerick "Pogrom".

In any case this would be rare in Europe.

Thousands of Israelis, including high-profile politiciansattended an anti-African demonstration in Tel Aviv. The rally turned violent, with attacks on Africans and grocery shop windows being smashed.

This is because the fighting in Libya has stopped the refugees from migrating from Israel to Europe. In other words, the extreme reaction is due to recent, and probably not permanent, non-Jewish immigration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I didn't write the newspaper article, contact them.

I realise that. Wasn't directing it at you. Disgusting analogy though. Illustrates why RT is a piece of sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

bwatson wrote: »
    You start a thread like that and then wonder why some people might suggest you are driven by a racist agenda?

The obsession with Israel that comes from some parts of the Irish population is downright weird.
    Your obsessive critisism of anything irish amazes me,no problem seeing where your pro anything goes Isreali stance stems from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ignoring the Israeli or Zionist issues, one would have to agree that for a group that calls themselves persecuted and says that they are subject of racism in other countries to turn around and do the same thing to the group that they do not like is a bit ironic (if that is a phrase with enough gravitas, I'm not sure).

Alas it seems to be the reoccurring theme in history; but personally any group that does this has lost all respect in my eyes, regardless of their race or religion or political views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

A lot of Irish people have very strong antipathy towards hypocrisy.
    Israel wouldn't be that bad if the West didn't lick its boots instead of treating it like every other oppressive regime in the world. It's not that Israel is worse than other occupying forces necessarily, but most other brutal regimes don't get billions of dollars in aid from the west to beef up their army, which then goes around killing innocent people.

So you could say it's not even that Israel itself is the worst aspect of this, it's the hypocrisy of the "we love freedom" united states who throw money at them in order to appease a lobby group.

It has absolutely nothing to do with anti semitism. Look at any other occupation in the world - if they also received financial and diplomatic shielding from America or any other large Western country people would find it just as repulsive. If Ireland gave that amount of money to an oppressive country and vetoed every attempt to reign it in during UN votes, I'd have just as much anger about it as I do about the Israel/Palestine situation.

It's not about race and it's not about any specific country. It's about the strong ganging up on the weak and walking all over them, then using the stone age excuse of "I'm bigger than you so I can do what I like" bullsh!t. That's all. No more complicated than that, for me at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

While this kind of racism does exist in Europe, in fairness. A lot of what I have read being said about immigrants etc, is basically the exact same nonsense said here in Europe.

However, the aspect of this that I find especially nasty is the fact that some pretty main stream politicians joined in on the hatefest, and not some far right crazy. Having said that, I really shouldn't be surprised in that regard, after all many of the same main stream Israeli politicians have been talking about Palestinians (both those with and without Israeli citizenship) in much the same manner (if not worse) for decades.

Also, there is a great deal of irony to this, on a number of levels.

More on-topic, this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of unrest in Israel. There's a storm brewing there which has been brewing for a while, but the Western media hasn't picked it up because its always concentrating on Israel's external issues such as Palestine and Iran.
    There is a wave of social unrest sweeping Israel which has very little to do with the conflict and involves both Arabs AND Israelis. Israel, just like the rest of the world, has not escaped the consequences of the 2008 economic disaster, and the Arab Spring in nearby countries seems to have added to a revolutionary spirit of sorts. Late last year there were numerous riots, not Arab/Israeli riots but anti government riots from the Israeli people themselves. Netanyahu's domestic policies have been under huge pressure and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Israel's political situation soon becomes just as messy as those of its neighbors.
    Now, it's unlikely the Israeli government would go as far as the Egyptian and Syrian authorities have in trying to crush dissent, but that doesn't mean it'll be a picnic either. For all people like to suggest that Israel is a fully functioning democracy, they have a notoriously bad record when it comes to crowd control and dealing with protests. They are extremely heavy handed, and they don't seem to understand the concept of bad publicity.

In other words, there's certainly a major upheaval coming down the line for Israel, but it might not be the upheaval you've been expecting. It's very likely that the conflict will factor very little if at all, and this upheaval will instead be an entirely internal affair.

It'll be interesting to see how that pans out in comparison to other nations previously affected by the Arab Spring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Well said hatrick. There's so much hypocrisy on the Israel side its disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

You start a thread like that and then wonder why some people might suggest you are driven by a racist agenda?.

Yeah racist because he doesn't like Israeli's attacking black Africans :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

oops, is it time for 3 minutes of hate, where does the day go?

What is the purpose of this thread, other than to vent hatred on Jews?
    How does it bring anything new to the discussion?

It's a story about right wing racists targeting black immigrants, spurred on by members of a parliament. Therefore, relevant.

It's a story about right wing racists targeting black immigrants, spurred on by members of a parliament. Therefore, relevant.

I don't see how it differs from the 100 other "Jews are bad" threads from the same small group of participants. Has no place in an Irish politics forum frankly. Maybe a foreign affairs sub-forum is necessary?

Also I second my disgust at the Kristallnacht comparison and the implication that every single Israeli is racist :rolleyes: Israel is 20% Arab, you know. Why is it when a couple of neanderthals in Europe commit a hate crime, we don't denouce all Europeans as evil?

I don't see how it differs from the 100 other "Jews are bad" threads from the same small group of participants. Has no place in an Irish politics forum frankly. Maybe a foreign affairs sub-forum is necessary?

Also I second my disgust at the Kristallnacht comparison and the implication that every single Israeli is racist :rolleyes: Israel is 20% Arab, you know. Why is it when a couple of neanderthals in Europe commit a hate crime, we don't denouce all Europeans as evil?

Were there a European country where marches against black immigrants led to riots, and looting of black owned properties with members of the ruling parties involved, the thread would have 1000 posts by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I don't see how it differs from the 100 other "Jews are bad" threads from the same small group of participants. ...........

Wonderful. You'll therefore have no trouble presenting evidence of a "Jews are bad" thread then, to back up your statement.

This non-story should be piled in with the other Israeli hatred threads in a super thread merge tbh.

Says it all really that you had to go to RT to find your anti-semitic news. Your source has zero credibility and has been shown to be extremely biased in the past. It's a mouthpiece for the Russian government. Why do you think RTE or the BBC doesn't bother reporting this drivel?

I won't reply to this thread any further. I don't want to give the oxygen of publicity to this non-story.

This non-story should be piled in with the other Israeli hatred threads in a super thread merge tbh.

Says it all really that you had to go to RT to find your anti-semitic news. Your source has zero credibility and has been shown to be extremely biased in the past. It's a mouthpiece for the Russian government. Why do you think RTE or the BBC doesn't bother reporting this drivel?

I won't reply to this thread any further. I don't want to give the oxygen of publicity to this non-story.

That'd be a "no, I'd actually no basis for my remark" then. Righty-o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Its a perfectly valid thread topic, and dumping everything into one thread would be rather pointless.
    Says it all really that you had to go to RT to find your anti-semitic news.

So condemning right wing racists is anti-semitic? What an utterly bizare and ridiculous thing to say. I notice btw, you failed to condemn the racism against Africans and instead start shouting false accusations against those condemning this racism.
    Your source has zero credibility and has been shown to be extremely biased in the past. It's a mothpiece for the Russian government. Why do you think RTE or the BBC doesn't bother reporting this drivel?

While I agree that the source was a poor one, the story has been reported else where:

The ADL:
    ADL Calls For Calm, Urges Government Action In Aftermath Of Violence Against African Migrants In Israel

Peter Beinart:
    Sound of Silence

Haaretz:
    Demonstrators attack African migrants in south Tel Aviv

From the BBC:
    Israel denies African migrants' rights, says US

--SNIP--
    Tensions in Israel have been rising and on Wednesday a demonstration in Tel Aviv against African migrants turned violent - shop windows were broken and cars were damaged.
    --SNIP--

The fact that you would rather dismiss the racism is imho rather disturbing. Plenty of other places reported on this (you clearly didn't bother looking and just jumped head first with ridiculous and quite frankly false claims), and the fact that you have refused to condemn the racism, and have basically denied and tried to minimize what happened, all the while calling others anti-semites, is also rather disturbing.

These right wing nutters in Israel aren't much different than those we have in Europe, and anyone who defends either are people who need to be challenged when they attempt to deny or minimize such racism. Clearly racism against Africans is not an issue to you, and you would rather further your own defense of the far right, regardless of there country of origin.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Racist Israelis swarm around a fellow Israeli woman who dared to speak out spitting on her and wishing her to be raped:

Yossi Gurvitz, the attacked womans boyfriend who was there at the time gives his account here - http://972mag.com/thoughts-on-an-attack-by-a-jewish-mob/46684/

This is key point I think,
    Most reports said the rally turned nasty after the crowd was whipped up by several racist speeches by right-wing MPs, several of them from the ruling Likud party of prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"The infiltrators are a cancer in our body," Likud MP Miri Regev told the crowd, as fellow MP Danny Danon shouted: "The infiltrators must be expelled from Israel! Expulsion now!"

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said 20 people had been arrested on suspicion of vandalising shops and attacking cars driven by Africans.
    http://972mag.com/thoughts-on-an-attack-by-a-jewish-mob/46684/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Once again the true nature of Israeli society drops it's mask, this time with the Zionists attacking Africans instead of Palestinians. If this was a demo and attack by right wing louts in Berlin or London, it would be denounced as " anti Semitic and racist ". But when it's done by Zionists as usual it will be ignored with even some of them accusing us of - what for it - anti Semitic racism !!!!!

So folks, are Israelis the most hypocritical nation on earth?

Israeli Kristallnacht: Africans attacked in Tel Aviv anti-migrant demo
    http://www.rt.com/news/israel-anti-migrant-demo-061/

So 1,000 protesters in southern Tel Aviv represents 'the true nature of Israeli society'?

The violence towards the migrants is not on, but in the protesters defence, there has been a wave of crime, intimidation and downright lack of respect from a significant number of the migrants since they arrived.

You walk around Tel Aviv and there is literally dozens of gangs of migrants going around like they own the place - giving abuse & vandalising (seen it several times myself), robberies, rape (reported widely in the media) etc.

If they are here illegally, and their life isn't in immediate danger by going back home, then they should go.

brimal wrote: »
    So 1,000 protesters in southern Tel Aviv represents 'the true nature of Israeli society'?

The violence towards the migrants is not on, but in the protesters defence, there has been a wave of crime, intimidation and downright lack of respect from a significant number of the migrants since they arrived.

You walk around Tel Aviv and there is literally dozens of gangs of migrants going around like they own the place - giving abuse & vandalising (seen it several times myself), robberies, rape (reported widely in the media) etc.

If they are here illegally, and their life isn't in immediate danger by going back home, then they should go.

Even the Americans think the situation is worthy of criticism
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18210133

The problem isn't actually some mob in Tel Aviv, but the attitude of officialdom, members of the knesset etc.

No, but they represent the true nature of Zionism and by extension the Zionist state of Israel which is by definition supremacist, exclusive and racist.

Are you familiar with the work of Israeli Professor and Holocaust surivivor Israel Shahak?

The Racist Nature of Zionism and of the Zionist State of Israel

This is the kind of talk (blaming Jews black immigrants) that brought Hitler to power so it saddens me to hear a supporter of Israel with the benefit of hindsight repeating such rubbish.

Brown Bomber, due to your reputation, I won't be replying to anything you quote me in.

Well done on yet another successful Godwin though.

More on-topic, this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of unrest in Israel. There's a storm brewing there which has been brewing for a while, but the Western media hasn't picked it up because its always concentrating on Israel's external issues such as Palestine and Iran.
    There is a wave of social unrest sweeping Israel which has very little to do with the conflict and involves both Arabs AND Israelis.

The main social issue at the moment is between the ultra-orthodox and secular Israelis. The majority secular population aren't happy with orthodox Jews getting paid by government to stay at home and read the Torah all day. They also don't have to do army service and are in general a pain in the arse. This issue has been a main talking point in the formation of the new coalition this month and looks like there will be some progress on it soon.

I don't see any 'wave of social unrest sweeping Israel' as you say.
    Israel, just like the rest of the world, has not escaped the consequences of the 2008 economic disaster, and the Arab Spring in nearby countries seems to have added to a revolutionary spirit of sorts.

Wrong. Israel did escape the 2008 global recession. Their growth figures have been higher than the world average for many years. For the last ten years the country has been a net lender nation with a large surplus.

In 2010, the IMD even rated Bank of Israel the most 'efficient functioning' bank and Israel as #1 'most durable in the face of crises'.
    Late last year there were numerous riots, not Arab/Israeli riots but anti government riots from the Israeli people themselves. Netanyahu's domestic policies have been under huge pressure and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Israel's political situation soon becomes just as messy as those of its neighbors.

Riots?! You mean protests? I was there for some of it and followed it closely in the (Israeli) media. I don't recall any riots.
    Now, it's unlikely the Israeli government would go as far as the Egyptian and Syrian authorities have in trying to crush dissent, but that doesn't mean it'll be a picnic either. For all people like to suggest that Israel is a fully functioning democracy, they have a notoriously bad record when it comes to crowd control and dealing with protests. They are extremely heavy handed, and they don't seem to understand the concept of bad publicity.

Israel, unlike it's neighbours, value their people. Nearly half a million protesters last year and not a single death (Jesus.. I'm saying this like it should be something to be proud of. I guess compared to its neighbours it's a huge difference.) There has been tens of thousands of deaths in the Arab Spring. Even during the peaceful part of the Arab Spring, there was hundreds of deaths.
    To hint that Israel would be as harsh or brutal to its own people as its neighbours is just ludicrous.

Their stance on Palestinian protesters fair enough, that's open for debate. But to their own people? Not a chance.
    In other words, there's certainly a major upheaval coming down the line for Israel, but it might not be the upheaval you've been expecting. It's very likely that the conflict will factor very little if at all, and this upheaval will instead be an entirely internal affair.

It'll be interesting to see how that pans out in comparison to other nations previously affected by the Arab Spring.

Have you been to Israel? Do you speak to Israelis? I'd love to know how you are coming to this conclusion. Yes, the cost of living is high and the main gripe with the government is house prices, but there is no hint of 'upheaval' at all within society in Israel. Also there is hope the new coalition will provide more balanced policies domestically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭SeanW

Wow, a known terrorist religious nut-job stages a rally attended by other fired-up nutjobs. A few nasty words fly :eek: Stop the presses :eek:

To the OP, what makes you think this demonstration was not the equivalent of a BNP rally in the U.K. Do you think that UK society is fundamentally racist because the BNP has ~1% of the electorate and can sometimes stage a rally?

Nodin wrote: »
    Even the Americans think the situation is worthy of criticism
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18210133

The problem isn't actually some mob in Tel Aviv, but the attitude of officialdom, members of the knesset etc.

I agree Israel's immigration policy is piss-poor (approved of 1 :eek: out of 4000+ applicants last year). This needs to be addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Israel has a strong far right so this wouldn't be out of line with other countries with other influential right wing groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

I agree Israel's immigration policy is piss-poor (approved of 1 :eek: out of 4000+ applicants last year). This needs to be addressed.

why...cannot countries decide their own policies..??????

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭The Israeli

But many people including me condemn them.
    I have been living in the heart of that area for more than 2 years. During that time the number of the refugees / illegal immigrants skyrocketed.

Some of them are refugees that came for shelter. Some of them came for work.
    The government has to deal with those people responsibly. So far, it doesn't have a good idea what to do with them. They aren't allowed to work legally, and their life is very uneasy. And still, they prefer to be in Israel than in their country or countries like Egypt where they are being shot.

The government should legalize their status until deportation of the illegal immigrants amongst them.
    The violence and the incitement is a very severe thing and it has to stop.
    It has mainly started after 2 rape cases of Israeli young girls by the immigrants / refugees. Never the less, blaming them all for that is a wrong too.

Brown Bomber, due to your reputation, I won't be replying to anything you quote me in.

Well done on yet another successful Godwin though.

If the cap fits. Which part of an angry mob consisting of the ethnic majority violently attacking people in the street, pulling them from the cars and smashing up their property because of the colour of their skin is not a pogrom to you?

But many people including me condemn them.
    To be fair this is true. The was a large counter-demo http://972mag.com/marching-in-pain-images-from-tel-avivs-post-riot-protest/46740/

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

Israeli women and teenage girls have been raped by Africans. This backlash against black immigrants is understandable.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/05/25/backlash-against-african-migrants-israel.html

Israeli women and teenage girls have been raped by Africans. This backlash against black immigrants is understandable.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/05/25/backlash-against-african-migrants-israel.html

So because children have been molested by Irish catholics we should have an understandable backlash against Irish catholics.....makes sense.

• Advertisement

No its not; its racist.
    I hear a few dark looking fellas stole a TV the other day maybe you should go and give a few a good kicking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

tipptom wrote: »
    Your obsessive critisism of anything irish amazes me,no problem seeing where your pro anything goes Isreali stance stems from.

Get over yourself and stop defending the indefensible. I'd like you to retract your statement about "obsessive critisism" (I assume you meant criticism) too thanks. It couldnt be further from the truth :)

A crowd of less than a thousand take part in whatever sort of mob act this was and you think its fine for people to announce that "Once again the true nature of Israeli society drops it's mask" and go about defending them? Incredible.

tipptom wrote: »

Get over yourself and stop defending the indefensible. I'd like you to retract your statement about "obsessive critisism" (I assume you meant criticism) too thanks. It couldnt be further from the truth :)

A crowd of less than a thousand take part in whatever sort of mob act this was and you think its fine for people to announce that "Once again the true nature of Israeli society drops it's mask" and go about defending them? Incredible.

Any sympathy at all for the people suffering the riots?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

The problem for me here is not that there were violent far-right and basically racially motivated protests, we see these in Europe too, the major problem being that there were members of the ruling government party in attendance and seemingly stirring up the crowd, that's the difference. Elsewhere when these type of protests happen, they are always marginalised.

I thought the thread was about Jews venting hate on African people ? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

I thought the thread was about Jews venting hate on African people ? :rolleyes:
    I thought it was about Israelis, but then it suits some peoples agends to translate the actions of a few Israelis into the "Evil Jew", doesn't it.

SocSocPol wrote: »
    I thought it was about Israelis, but then it suits some peoples agends to translate the actions of a few Israelis into the "Evil Jew", doesn't it.
    No it's about the racist nature of the Zionist state, after all, this was the only state in the world to sell nuclear waeapons to aparthied South Africa.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/23/israel-south-africa-nuclear-weapons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

No it's about the racist nature of the Zionist state, after all, this was the only state in the world to sell nuclear waeapons to aparthied South Africa.

From reading your posts it seems to be about Jew hating, something very reminiscent of 1930's Germany about it.

From reading your posts it seems to be about Jew hating, something very reminiscent of 1930's Germany about it.

You getting any hints of 1930 Germany from what is happening to immigrants in Israel?

Where does Jew hating come into it? Not all Jews are Zionists, by a very long shot. You're confusing hatred for a particular race, religion or ethnic group with hatred of a particular political ideology.
    That's exactly like suggesting I hate Irish people because I hate Fianna Fail, or I hate Americans because I hate neo consevative policies which Bush enacted.

Hatred of a political ideology does not equal hatred for a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Are they legal or illegal immigrants?

IrishAm wrote: »
    Are they legal or illegal immigrants?

Given Israhell's immigration policy, it is unlikely that anyone of African origin is there "legally".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Given Israhell's immigration policy, it is unlikely that anyone of African origin is there "legally".

They should deport them so.

What sort of idiot migrates illegally to a self proclaimed Jewish state for Jewish people.

It aint gonna work out too well.

Anyone who uses the word 'Israhell' shouldn't be taken seriously, by any side of the argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

No more OT posting please and thanks

Whether you like the OP or not, the sub-topic here is fairly clear. This is not a generic Israel/Middle East catch all thread.

Cheers

DrG

• Advertisement
Advertisement