Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed!!

Options
  • 26-05-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks and lassies!

I'm purchasing my first shotgun very soon! I do have a fair bit of experiance shooting bunnies and crows with a bit of clays thrown in there, So after a few weeks of looking around the one that has caught my eye is a baikel u/o spanking new, price is 600 euro!

So people is this a good gun and a good price??
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Probably the best you can get for that sort of money for a new gun. Baikals are relaible no frills guns that won't win beauty contests but won't let you down either. It's in a different league than a lot of the other so called cheap guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Hello Folks and lassies!

I'm purchasing my first shotgun very soon! I do have a fair bit of experiance shooting bunnies and crows with a bit of clays thrown in there, So after a few weeks of looking around the one that has caught my eye is a baikel u/o spanking new, price is 600 euro!

So people is this a good gun and a good price??
    Thank you
    :0 600 will get u a good berretta or Browning second hand mate ,the market is flooded with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

€600 is too much for a new baikal are ya mad ???

Mate of mine got a brand new baikal o/u, slab of cartridges, timber fox cartridge belt and gun slip (package deal) for €600

Get haggling with your dealer , if hes any good he'll come down in price. Tell him you had a look in another shop and the same gun is €150 cheaper !!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

There a great gun, had one for years. Check out shoot.ie there doing a offer with 250 cartridges and a case

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_23&products_id=67

You won't go wrong with the , years of trouble free shooting.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭xchrisshana

my brother inlaw has a semi auto one and its a cracking gun if your going to be doing a lot of rough shooting it wont let you down there are some good vids on youtube showing the abuse the gun can take well worth a look he got a good deal from duffys in galway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

my brother inlaw has a semi auto one and its a cracking gun if your going to be doing a lot of rough shooting it wont let you down there are some good vids on youtube showing the abuse the gun can take well worth a look he got a good deal from duffys in galway

Yeah Ive heard great things about their semi auto models, might invest in one during the summer I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Nice, I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a gun around the farm, ill get haggling with him! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zeevalentino

You'd pick up a Browning Medalist for that kind of money and a quality gun.
    I've had one for 20 years and never a days trouble.
    Try this guy, he might still have it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056324841

Advertisement