Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Embarrass your kids - how to.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Having control of his email and fb is very important. Kids can easily pull pranks or post stuff on fb which they think is funny but could get them in trouble. Have made him remove a few posts already.

I agree it is very important for a parent to have access to a childs Facebook, but what you are trying to do is going to totally abuse that position of trust between you both. And as already been said before you are leaving him open to being bullied.

Anyway, back to the embarrassing things we do, I sing in front of my daughters friends, sometimes changing the words to make the song personal and a bit silly. Also, when we are home alone and getting dressed in the morning sometimes I will come out of my room with just my bra and knickers on, grab my car keys and ask her if she is ready to go to school. She does be mortified :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Kids are bloody great at embarrassing parents and as they get older they think they know everything.
    I love to turn the tables and embarrass my kids in public or in front of their friends. Especially my 14 year old who I know is secretly smoking. I know his password for his email, facebook etc.
    What have you done or what do you do to get back at your kids by showing them up and embarrassing them?

Have you told him you know about the smoking?
    I don't think it's a good idea to embarrass your son, he might not be able to deal with humiliation as well as you.
    You don't want his friends laughing at him and making fun of him.

I will come out of my room with just my bra and knickers on, grab my car keys and ask her if she is ready to go to school. She does be mortified :D

If true, that's a bit poor. That would be mortifying for them and not a nice thing to do.

stovelid wrote: »
    If true, that's a bit poor. That would be mortifying for them and not a nice thing to do.

True? Of course it is.

You realise I do it to my child in the morning in the comfort of our own home where there is nobody else present? It's not in the street. I don't see how it's mortifying :confused:

True? Of course it is.

You realise I do it to my child in the morning in the comfort of our own home where there is nobody else present? It's not in the street. I don't see how it's mortifying :confused:

Sorry i had this idea it was in front of of her mates or something. How dumb am I. :o

stovelid wrote: »
    Sorry i had this idea it was in front of of her mates or something. How dumb am I. :o

Haha!! Jeez no, I'm not that brave! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

OP can I just say that i think it's pretty fucked up that you have access to the kid's email and facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Just being seen with my teenagers embarasses them

O My God!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

darokane wrote: »
    There's a fine balance to keep between privacy and looking out for your kids by knowing passwords, i never mentioned embarrassing the kid, each to their own

Looking out for your kid is keeping an eye on their page. Knowing their passwords is invading their privacy, especially since he doesn't know you're snooping.

Deliberately embarrassing your kid is a bit crap, especially since you don't have to do anything but breathe to embarrass a teenager.

Go to town on the smoking though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Giselle wrote: »
    Looking out for your kid is keeping an eye on their page. Knowing their passwords is invading their privacy, especially since he doesn't know you're snooping.

depends how you look at, some adults cant even be trusted to use facebook, knowing passwords could help prevent bullying amongst other things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I just drive really sh1te cars and drop them off to school in it - make sure to beep and wave when collecting them. My eldest pretends he doesn't know me and walks off up the street out of sight of the school, then gets in, giving out yards. "Get a feckin decent car ya tight git" is his most common greeting.

When picking up son from disco, have a Dolly Parton CD playing loudly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'd always suspected that parents got a great kick out of embarrassing their kids, now this thread has confirmed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'd always suspected that parents got a great kick out of embarrassing their kids, now this thread has confirmed it!

My Pop met an ex of mine (Whilst we were still together) and tried to embarrass me. Jokes on him, I have a tiny penis and she'd already seen it.

• Advertisement

It's great craic when you turn the tables on them and embarrass your parents in front of family and their friends. =P

It's great craic when you turn the tables on them and embarrass your parents in front of family and their friends. =P
    That's what prompted this thread.... My kids deliberately embarrassing me, therefore my desire to turn the tables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

I remember the first time one of my brothers brought his long term girlfriend home to meet the parents and introduced my dad with the words " and this is the old man".
    My dad, being offended by the "old" part, squinted at the girl like he was short sighted and said " is this the same girl we met last week?"....great way to embarrass a teenager

Ronin247 wrote: »
    I remember the first time one of my brothers brought his long term girlfriend home to meet the parents and introduced my dad with the words " and this is the old man".
    My dad, being offended by the "old" part, squinted at the girl like he was short sighted and said " is this the same girl we met last week?"....great way to embarrass a teenager

.. And then you parents complain when we're reluctant to tell you about our love interests. This is why! =P

Advertisement