Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Bass on a BBQ

Options
  • 26-05-2012 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I've some Sea Bass at home, fillets, and was thinking of wrapping them up in tinfoil with some lime and garlic and whacking them on the bbq for ten minutes or so.

Would it be ok? Usually I'd use a more meaty fish like ray, swordfish or shark, but I've Sea Bass today.

Any other ideas? I've two fillets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sounds good to me. You probably won't get a BBQ flavour through the foil, but the fillets may be to delicate to go straight on the grill. Possibly a dash of soy & a sprinkling of very finely chopped chilli?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sounds good to me. You probably won't get a BBQ flavour through the foil, but the fillets may be to delicate to go straight on the grill. Possibly a dash of soy & a sprinkling of very finely chopped chilli?

yeah good idea on the other flavours.

I might leave the tinfoil open or something, try get some of the smoke in and around the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Get yourself one of these, season and brush with olive oil, grill and serve with butter melted with lemon zest, juice and thyme leaves. Simple. Gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Get yourself one of these, season and brush with olive oil, grill and serve with butter melted with lemon zest, juice and thyme leaves. Simple. Gorgeous.

They're on sale in Aldi right now btw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Avox wrote: »
    They're on sale in Aldi right now btw! :)

Usually cheap in Tesco, too.

• Advertisement

had already cracked open the Blue Moon (six for a tenner, finglas village btw) so wasn't going to Tesco or Aldi.

Anyway, I'd one plain, just in open tinfoil cooked on the bbq, very nice

the second one was as above - rough chopped garlic, fine chopped chilli, some squeezed lime wedges and soy.

Absolutely delicious.

Reckon it'd be a good mix of flavours for most fish, so if it's bbq weather tomorrow I'll go and get some other fish and have the same.

so, update.

I had it with Shark steaks yesterday, and it was even nicer.

I've also got some swordfish, which I think will be going on this evening.

I'd love to get some crocodile and do a few kebab style skewery things with it.

Anyone know of anywhere is selling it around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Des wrote: »
    I'd love to get some crocodile and do a few kebab style skewery things with it.

Anyone know of anywhere is selling it around Dublin?

Downeys in Terenure

http://www.organicfoodsireland.com/

Advertisement