Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC

Options
  • 26-05-2012 1:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm interested in building a Gaming PC. I dont need a monitor or desk or anything. What would be the cheapest build you could get to run say skyrim at high settings, graphics dont need to be maxed out. Could you get a good gaming pc for around the 400 mark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Fill this out so we can help you better, but really you should try and scrape a bit more money together until you reach the €600 or €700 mark even if it takes a few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

thanks for the reply, just wondering whats the cheapest you could get one for is all.

1. What is your budget? [€450] can push out a small bit

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, run games such as Skyrim at medium to high settings

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? yea

8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer/Paypal/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In 10 days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? will probably get hardware versand to build it for me

Item|Price
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€43.13
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)|€71.26
    Intel Celeron G530 Box, LGA1155|€37.27
    Powercolor HD6850 1024MB Dual-DVI/HD1M2I5|€110.24
    4GB Patriot AMD Entertainment Edition PC3-10600 1333MHz|€19.47
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€90.77
    Rechner - Zusammenbau|€20.00
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€31.61
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€442.74

A few things:
    • Depending on your monitor resolution, that graphics card will be able to play most games on high (Skyrim should be good)
    • The CPU isn't taht strong, but I've pout in an Ivy Bridge MoBo which means you can drop in something like an i5 3570k later to make it a great PC
    • Only 4gb of RAM, but again can be upgraded when funds permit
    • There is no DVD-Drive included, if you really want one they're about €15 euro but they're becoming obsolete very quickly due to digital distribution (Steam, iTunes) and Windows can be installed much quicker on a USB stick.

Would you be able to find out your monitor resolution? Just so I know what sort of settings you'll be getting. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Thanks for the reply, that setup looks good. Its a full hd monitor I have with hdmi connection. I probably would need a better processor than that id say. Id spend another 100 or so for a decent processor. Is the ram a bit cheap or is that the standard these days? Thanks again for the response

areyawell wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, that setup looks good. Its a full hd monitor I have with hdmi connection. I probably would need a better processor than that id say. Id spend another 100 or so for a decent processor. Is the ram a bit cheap or is that the standard these days? Thanks again for the response

If you wanted to upgrade the CPU, get the i3 2120.
    Nope, RAM is very cheap at the moment, the one I picked out is of very good quality :).

I presume the resolution of the monitor is 1920x1080 then. What size is it, as some people think they have "Full HD" things and it turns out to be 1280x720 or 1366x768.

I'm not trying to be patronizing or anything, but can you definitely confirm the resolution?

For WIN7 just right click anywhere on desktop and click on Screen Resolution.
    For WinXP right click anythwere on desktop and click properties, then navigate to the Resolution tab.

• Advertisement
Advertisement