Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smackdown?

• 26-05-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Why did kane say last night that this was the 666 episode of smackdown. what difference did that make?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The number of the beast? You've never heard of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its the amount of servings of shrimp Paul Bearer can eat in one sitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I recently bought a roll, yazoo and a packet of crisps from SPAR, and it cost €6.66. The cashier actually said "that'll be 666 please.....I don't know why I said it like that" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I recently bought a roll, yazoo and a packet of crisps from SPAR, and it cost €6.66. The cashier actually said "that'll be 666 please.....I don't know why I said it like that" :pac:

The feast of the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I was grabbing some snacks on my lunch the other week and the total came to £3.16 I was most impressed. I went back in the next day and bought the same stuff just to amuse myself.

I have a very boring life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Welcome to BWA Raw
    live from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY6fIitPfewDlzOOhoVN_xyAN9q78crivwP-pSK0zAnEZTo8E&t=1&usg=___5vHRrh7mxgH1P7LjPCXi_lRiJg=
    Opening Segment: Evolution open the show
    photo.jpg?a79d48f9280c803e9d2f160bebd4ed2a
    Hunter on the Mic tells the thousands in attendance that last week in that very ring they told some home truths. The spoke about How evolution had evolved. He says that no longer was it a group that included 2 stars of the future, now they were all the biggest names in this industry and the faces of the WWE, that between them they had 31 world championship reigns and that nobody not even the shield, the team that were stupid enough to help reunite this the greatest stable in WWE history with their actions could hold a candle to them. It was this truth that the COO says was too much for the shield... He's not yet finished his speech but...

SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA... Shield!

The crowd are going wild but the shield for once are not making their way through them instead they appear on the TitanTron. "Yada Yada Yada we've all heard it before Hunter and frankly the biggest injustice of them all is that these people have to listen to you 3 stroke your ego each and every week, and thats coming from people who know about injustice!

Ambrose then takes the Mic but he disagrees he says that the biggest injustice is what happened to him and his US title last week, when he had to face not 1, not 2 and not 3 but 4 of their cronies 1 after another as his title was stolen from him.

Then it's Romans Reigns turn and he too disagrees with his stablemates as he believes that the biggest injustice was that they were back there and not in the ring kicking their asses, as they know just like last week Evolution will turn tail and run at the sight of them, well he says at Extreme Rules, there will be no cronies, nowhere to run and they will have no chance because he says they have a plan for them at the PPV and they can believe in that just like they should... [all 3 together] "Believe in the Shield"
    sg-sd694_shield_120712.jpg

Once the screen fades to black...

Batista and Orton together mock The Shield with fake exaggerated worry about this "plan" the shield have and say its not like the Animal and The Viper with the backing of the Cerebral Assasin and COO of the company could think of a plan to gain an advantage over them... o wait!

Batista then says that he is a Hollywood superstar and the reason they didn't face them in the ring last week was as HHH would say cos it wasn't best for Business, he says that stars like him and the COO of the company don't wrestle for free and certainly not on someone else clock thats for sure.

At this point HHH takes over again and specifically references Ambrose's gripe saying that the real injustice is that he had the US title so long without defending it. He didn't deserve to have it anymore if he didn't ever defend the thing, but if he wants it back then he will have to prove it, he will have to do what he never did when he had it and wrestle to earn it. He then announces that tonight he will face Mark Henry and only if he can avoid defeat will he be granted a rematch for the US title and even at that, his re-match will take place at Extreme Rules where he will have to do double duty if he wants that belt back.

He also says that Rollins & Reigns wont be left out and completely ingeniously suggests that he will give them a great opportunity to reclaim the tag team titles they held for so long last year because tonight in the final qualifying match for this Sundays Tag ladder match they will face Damien Sandow & Aidan English (in another match that if the shield were to win it would lead to double duty at the PPV where they will face Evolution)... he lets that settle for a few seconds before adding... and Dave Batista & Randy Orton!

The Usos & Rhodes Brothers were already part of the Extreme Rules ladder match booked last week and now we know what the final tag qualifying match but now as Evolution leave the ring they first introduce the team that the current tag champs won the belts from and who they say they hope will be in that tag title match at Extreme Rules the NAO.

King: What a load! They just want to put The Shield through the ringer before they face them at Extreme rules.

Cole: Well they made Daniel Bryan wrestle two matches at Mania and it did no harm

JBL: Come on Michael, we aren't talking about a goat here we are talking about The Shield. HHH is just doing whats best for business and giving us more of what the people want!

Cole: well that remains to be seen, but we have a match to focus on now

The New Age Outlaws vs Rybaxel

The outlaws put Rybaxel over after with Ryback getting the pin after hitting Shellshock on Billy Gunn.

winners: Rybaxel
    mqdefault.jpg

King: What a great match! and Rybaxel are headed to the PPV this sunday!

JBL: good match but they lost last week they shouldnt be getting another shot

Cole: Don't you watch Smackdown they more than earned another shot this week

JBL: Smackdown Shmackdown, if our goat of a world champion lost vs HHH he wouldnt have gotten another shot to get into the Wrestlemania main event!

both cole & King just shake their head

In Ring Segment: Daniel Bryan & Kane
    W1siZiIsInB1YmxpYy9pbWFnZXMvMzZjNmZhMDEtOThmZS00NTNmLWJlNGQtNjFhNzM0MmNmMjlhLmpwZyJdLFsicCIsInNtYWxsX3dpZGUiXV0?sha=29fed2ac
    Daniel Bryan makes his way out to an amazing reaction but he looks a little subdued, the crowd are going mad with their Yes chants but Bryan isn't leading it tonight, instead accompanied by Brie Bella (who conducts the crowds YES chants throughout the promo as Bryan stays more serious) he slowly makes his way down to the ring. By the time he gets to the ring and raises the Mic up the crowd have somewhat quietened down. He thanks them for the great reception and apologizes saying that he almost wasn't going to come out here tonight because Vince McMahon (he emphasizes not the authority) gave him the night off due to a family emergency but before he left he heard something that made him have to come out here... (the crowd start chanting YES! again to which he said)... no I'm not talking about you guys I'm talking about, umm I hate to quote the Walrus but how did Paulie put it, "those things that call themselves announcers". He points out he isn't referring to King and says he loves that man, he says he doesn't mean Michael Cole even though they have had their issues in the past, he is referring to JBL.

He says that ever since he has come to the WWE he has been proving everyone wrong, he was told he would never get off NXT (crowd chant NO!), he was told he would never win the MITB (NO!), he was told he would never become a world champion (NO!), he was told he was too small (NO!), he was only a B+ player (NO!) well you know what JBL at Wrestlemania I beat the man you love to praise,your boss HHH, The Animal Batista & The Viper Randy Orton, I beat all of Evolution in 1 goddamn night and yet you still sit there and mouth off, calling me a goat anytime you get the chance. (YES YES YES!). He then asks the crowd, what should he do about this and another chant picks up "Kick his ass! Kick his ass! Kick his ass!"

JBL takes a big gulp and looks like he is about to sh!t his pants as Bryan stares right at him

but don't worry I have too much respect for myself than to come down there and beat the respect I deserve into you, because trust me you have gotten to me in the past, but I do want to share some words of wisdom with you that my father gave me even though personally I find that they fit him better than me, he told me that anytime I hear you call me a goat I should think of what that means, what if you looked in the urban dictionary you would see... G.O.A.T aka greatest of all time, meaning the ultimate competitor and therefore I guess someone worthy of being champ, because if you meant anything else then I guess you really must be stupider than you look as afterall I am the World heavyweight champion and I'm sure those pulling your strings from behind wouldnt want you to belittle the best they have to offer (YES YES YES YES... the chant slowly changes into a GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT chant)

Finally though these chants are silenced as BOOOM! Kane's Pyro hits and the big red Monster emerges from the back and goes straight for Bryan in the ring. The champ tries his best to fight him off but when he turns to tell Brie to get out of the ring he is hit with a big boot and then his new bride is left having to watch as Kane picks him up and hits a devastating Tombstone Piledriver on him.

Brie now on the outside screams for Kane to stop the assault on Bryan but this is a huge mistake as Kane suddenly turns his attention to her, rolling to the outside and stalking her around the ring, eventually catching her around the throat and struggle as she might he looks set to give the poor woman a chokeslam until out of nowhere comes Bryan head first making the save with a suicide dive straight into Kane. It seems that he hurt himself more than his PPV opponent in doing so though and despite being able to free his wife from Kanes clutches he is left to pay the price as Kane chokeslams him instead flat onto the announce table which does not break, Then while Brie begs Kane to have Mercy Brian is subjected to a second Tombstone this time atop the table.

tumblr_n4fy2nUhgH1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Backstage we see Bad New Barrett leaving the Authorities office with a big smirk on his face a smirk that gets even bigger as he is clearly seen checking out The Ravishing Russian Lana's ass a smirk he immediately drops as he walks by Rusev who waits outside for her. Inside Steph is on the phone explaining to someone she had no idea Kane would do what he did and in no way did she condone The Big Red Machines actions. Before we see why she is meeting Lana we return back to ringside.
    IC title no.1 contendership final: Cesaro vs Sheamus

Big E joined the commentary for this one and witnessed one hell of a close bout which went almost 15mins and looked like it could have gone either way at different times - at one point Sheamus deviating from his usual gameplan went to the top rope only to recieve a devestating european uppercut from Cesaro who then hit a huge superplex for a 2 count. Then later after Sheamus wriggled his way out of Cesaro's neutralizer he able to deliver White Noise but this time it's the Swiss Superman who kicks out at 2. The finish comes however when Zeb Coulter and Jack Swagger come down to ringside. Heyman and Zeb getting in each others faces distracts the ref while Swagger interferes hitting Cesaro from behing as he came off the ropes and sends him stumbling into a Sheamus Brogue kick which results in a 3 count.

Winner & new IC title no.1 contender Sheamus

After the match Sheamus squares up Big E who lifts the IC title belt aloft at ringside and the two stare down each other but don't come to blows. Meanwhile in the ring an Irate Cesaro grabs Swagger for a big swing and ignoring Zebs pleas looks set to execute it especially as Heyman and the BWE universe start chanting "swing swing swing" but this is cut short as the desperate Zeb cracks Cesaro over the head with his microphone allowing Swagger to roll out of the ring and the two hightail it out of the ring
    217.+Raw+Zeb+Colter+Saves+Swagger+from+the+Cesaro+Swing.jpg

Ad Break: When we return from the Ads we see a quick recap of how Sheamus became the no.1 contender for Big E's IC title at Extreme Rules and the fallout of the match which the announcers say is the reason that they can now officially announce that Cesaro will face his former tag partner Jack Swagger at the PPV also!

We also get informed that a BWE App vote will decide tonight's main event!
    1012591_717805221596666_123583774328023744_n.png
    In ring Segment with Divas champion Paige
    0.jpg

Paige hits the ring and cuts a promo where she talks up her journey to this point

She says that she began battling in the ring when she was only 13 years old and that although she is the youngest woman to ever win the Divas title at 21 and was the first ever NXT womens champion she knows she deserved it all. She wasn't the typical bleached blond, tanned model turned Diva who had their shot handed to them, she was a wrestler, she was an "Anti Diva" and she was the woman who got called the "Diva of Tomorrow" after vowing to rid NXT of it's Barbie girl Divas.

She says she wants to prove her words to the world. Prove she isn't a flash in the pan and that her championship win wasn't a fluke and says she can't wait to face AJ Lee in her rematch for the title a title she claims is about to become relevant again...

Just then she is interrupted by a very unlikely source
    barrett-300x179.png

Wade as you might expect says He has some bad news for Paige...

He says that he had a conversation with Stephanie McMahon earlier and that title re-match vs AJ Lee at Extreme Rules will not be happening. He says that AJ will be taking some time off due to an injury and some other issues so she will have to wait to prove herself against the former champ. He does however say that Steph wanted him to inform her that she would still have to defend her title at Extreme Rules but as she inquires who he starts smacking his gabble and his music plays.

The camera then focuses on a clearly frustrated Paige who continues to shout at Barrett when suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere Tamina who must have come through the crowd attacks her from behind and starts stamping her into the mat and shouting at her "Im not a barbie Diva now am I?" "I'm the real Anti-Diva" "your just a little B*tch!"

Tamina then poses with the title as we head to a commercial, once we return from it the announcers make ti official it's Paige vs Tamina at Exteme Rules
    7.+Extreme+Rules.jpg

King: my gawd, first Bryan and now Paige the champions really aren't having a good time of it tonight

Cole: Speaking of Bryan, we have just heard from the medical personal at the nearby facility that Bryan was taken to earlier tonight and it would seem he has lucky avoided serious injury - he will however be kept in overnight and on doctors advice will be sent home for the next few days but he has said he will be at Extreme Rules.

King: wow hard to believe, what a competitor

Cole: Not only that King but we have just been told that, that match will be an Extreme rules match

JBL just grunts looking annoyed

*Sandow backstage segment with Aidan English*

Sandow tells English that he saw something in him otherwise he wouldn't have chosen him as his apprentice. He tells him that he has an awful lot of wisdom that he can import upon him but that he wants to be shown tonight that English deserves that honour. He says that they will not out brian people like Batista or Roman Reigns but that Brains always beats Brawn.
    Batista/Orton vs Rollins & Reigns vs Sandow/English

Sandow & English spend a lot of time on the outside employing what the announcers say are intelligent tactics not tagging themselves in if they can avoid it and instead allowing 2/3 of Shield and Evolution to tear lumps out of each other in the ring instead.

It's when the match breaks down and turns into a bit of a melee that we get a finish in this one. Orton tags himself in as Batista is slingshotting himself off the ropes and goes for a Spear on Reigns but Reigns moves out of the way and Batista instead hits his move on Orton. Reigns then hots his huge superman punch on Batista whom he sends crashing to the outside where Rollins almost instantly makes his presence known in an attempt to leave the finish clear of interruption for his partner. Before Orton has recuperated from Batista's spear Reigns then bounces himself off the ropes (Englsih sneakily tags in here) and hits the Viper with another huge Spear! Sandow spotting what his partner is up to runs around to beside where Rollins & Batista are fighting and grabs Reigns leg and pulls him out of the ring as English jumps up onto the turnbuckle and does a legdrop onto Orton to enter the ring before making a quick 3 count.

winners: Sandow/English
    tumblr_mwwl9mbTqe1raivk0o1_400.png

King: Oh My GOD! Aidan English just pinned the Viper!

Cole: well he had a little help from 2 massive spears beforehand

JBL: and a lot of help from the genious of a mentor that is Damian Sandow, I mean look at the smarts they are showing now!

Sandow and English quickly scarper up the ramp and get out of dodge with their place in the tag titles match secure. Meanwhile Orton, Batista, Rollins & Reigns continue to fight until suddenly The Shields music hits and Dean Ambrose comes charging down to ringside. Moments late the King of Kings HHH makes his way out and the crowd are loving it as Extreme rules seems to have come early, but no he is accompanied by a big load of security whom eventually seperate the feuding factions and under Hunters orders escourt Rollins & reigns to the back. Ambrose however he says has to stay cos his match (in order to get a rematch for the US title) is next and he also says it is now a Lumberjack match!

*commercial break as the Lumberjacks make their way out

King: This is a joke among the Lumberjacks are all the people The Shield beat up on Smackdown

JBL: Serves them right for beating people up

Cole: Well at least Evolution aren't out here anymore, maybe this will be a fair fight but either way it won't be easy for Ambrose against this man!

Mark Henry vs Dean Ambrose

Ambrose impresses here by holding his own against the worlds strongest man man but time and time again he finds himself knocked to the outside after a big clothesline or something similar and the lumberjacks dont just throw him back in, they instead give him a good kicking before they do. New US champion Alexander Rusev who is among them gives him a particularly vicious kicking.

Things get interesting though when Ambrose avoids another big clothesline attempt and then hits a front dropkick to his opponent who is on the ropes sending Henry to the outside. The Lumberjacks seem reticent about treating him as they did Ambrose, that is all except Rusev who picks Henry up and goes to toss him back into the ring, Henry though takes exception to the Bulgarian brute man handeling him and smacks him square in the face before getting back into the ring of his own accord. Rusev is momentarily stunned but seconds later gets into the ring and while Henry is focused on Ambrose "The Super-Athlete" as Lana calls him hits a big Spinning heel kick to Henry who he grounds before locking in his "Accolade" Camel clutch.

Disqualification: no contest result

King: So what happens to the US title, does Ambrose get his rematch?

Cole: Well HHH only said he had to avoid defeat tonight and he didn't lose so I guess so

JBL: what a load of bull, at least he will get whats coming to him now!

all the Lumberjacks get up onto the apron and are about to enter it when suddenly SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA... Shield! Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins are back and as they arrive on the scene Ambrose breaks up Rusev's submission hold on Henry and along with Henry the Shield clear house as all the heels are sent packing.
    de1LcoX.png

After all that and when the ringside area is finally cleared of wrestlers Jerry the King Lawler announces the result of of tonights BWE App vote - John Cena will face... All three members of the Wyatts!

We see Cena backstage and Cole/JBL question if he looks worried after hearing the news
    Backstage Segment with RVD & BNB
    J70HC.jpg

Elsewhere backstage we witness a meeting between Bad News Barrett and Rob Van Dam who asks the former bare knuckle fighter why he always has to be such a buzzkill all the time like he did a little earlier to Paige. Barrett explains that he was asked to deliver that piece of Bad News by none other than Stephanie McMahon and that she is not a woman you'd want to disappoint. He then says that Steph actually told him one other interesting thing during their meeting and that he was afraid he had some bad news for RVD at which point he informs him that he has to face him Bad News Barrett at the Extreme Rules pre-show and after doing so he immediately hits him with a thunderous Bullhammer Elbow and leaves him lying
    Cena / Wyatt promo & Main Event Match
    John Cena Makes his way out first, he is not his usual joking self and this serious Cena has something to say.

He talks about how for months now that is anyone wants to make a name for themselves here in the BWE that they had to go through him so he almost couldnt blame Bray Wyatt for driving a stake through his heart so as to try and get in his head before their match at Extreme rules. He says that Bray has Brainwashed Boobie Bella (NIkki) because he wants to bring a monster out from within John Cena but that he better be careful what he wishes for cos he might just get it!

He says that he always preaches Hustle, Loyalty & respect but questions why the hell he should show THe Wyatts any respect considering the blatant disrespect they have shown him and what he holds most dearly...

Just then the lights go out and Bray accompanied by 3 shadowy figures appear on the titantron: "ha ha ha ha thats right John, give in to that Devil within, let that fire burn bright, because John (looks right into the camera)... we're here! (blows out the lantern)

The wyatts music ends a little early this time and only half way down the ramp he once again puts out his lantern and places it on the floor before instead placing his hand firmly on Boobie Bella's ass and gentle squeezing as he begins to sing I've got your whole world in my hand, I've got your whole world in my hand, I've got your whole world in my hands

Cena is incensed and despite the Ref pleading with him and trying to hold him back he pushes him aside and charges the wyatts, taking out both Harper and Rowan while Bray just laughs maniacally to himself before giving Nikki a good hard slap on the ass which seems to be a signal for her as she immediately run up to and rolls into the ring at which point Cena follows her.

In the ring Cena straight away removes her Sheep Mask but she seems completely out of it staring off into the distance, Cena tries his best to snap her out of it but he doesen't have the time as moments later he is attacked from behind by Harper (Boobie Bella still looking out of it is escourted out of the ring by the ref where Bray once again covers her face with the mask) and this match begins.

John Cena vs The Entire Wyatt Family

This is a short enough match after all the pre-match shenanigans but the culmination of which sees Cena, who had been worn down by an impressive display by Luke Harper, caught in a huge bearhug by Erick Rowan. While caught in this position he can do nothing but look on as Bray only a few feet away from him lifts up Nikki's mask and begins to make out with her, before quickly stopping and tagging in. Luke Harper slides a chair into the ring then as Rowan drops Cena to the floor and exits the ring. Bray then like the madman that he is drops to his knees and signals that he wants John to get the chair and come at him and as Cena slowly gets up the leader of the wyatts begins to lead the whole crowd singing he "he's got the whole world in his hands".

It takes Cena a long time to get up after the 3 on 1 assault throughout this fight but his blood is boilng from what he just witnessed and he seems to be literally shaking as he picks up the chair. He seems to take a second to consider his actions as Bray shouts 'C'mon John!" at him but before the announcers can even finish querying how he can see what he saw an not act he charges the slef proclaimed eater of worlds. However just as he does Harper and Rowen climb onto the ring apron behind Bray and Cena decides to take them out with the chair instead. He does crack it off the back of Rowen but before he can focus back on Bray his Extreme rules opponent is up and after a back body drop grabs him and using his patented Sister Abigail finisher plants his head atop the chair Cena had almost used on him.

Winners: The Wyatts

aaed277d536d25c45663f4a9ba8e33d7_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=432&q=85

King argues there should have been a DQ although JBL points out Cena was the only one to actually wield the chair, but the one thing they all agreed upon was how ominous a scene we were witnessing as we went off the air as Bray Wyatt cradled the downed Cena and kept mumbling to himself as Rown harper & Boobie Bella all stood behind him.

Why I went this way: Well honestly I was a little rushed and as I also wanted to aknowledge that Bryan had to be written off Raw early last week but that we had ours written before the news about his dad got out I thought it instead do it this week and the attack by Kane was well done imo and atleast made him somewhat a threat even if most wouldnt think twice about the PPV result although him carrying an injury after a brutal attack like this could also help somewhat in that regard.

Also getting to refer to his dad as the greatest of all time while telling JBL to STFU with the goat stuff would be nice.

Similar to that we also needed to pull a bait and switch with AJ & Paige as again after last weeks show was written was it announced that Tamina would replace Paige in that feud as AJ was taking time off / injured (not sure which is the case)

meanwhile the rest would essentially be done to set up the following, Cesaro vs Swagger match, the IC title match, the tag team ladder match beakerjoe introduced last week and put the US title on the card and similar to Bryan at mania have the authorithy making one of The Shield (Ambrose) do double duty at the PPV as well as trying to give Bad New Barrett a more prominent role despite him getting knocked out of our IC tournie last week.
    Extreme Rules PPV Card

Kane vs D.Bryan - World Title
    Evolution vs The Shield
    Big E vs Sheamus - IC Title
    The Usos vs Rybaxel vs The brothers Rhodes vs Sandow/English - Tag Titles
    Cesaro vs Swagger
    Paige vs Tamina
    Ambrose vs Rusev - US Title

Pre Show: BNB vs RVD

Advertisement