Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 No Service after screen replacement.

• 26-05-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Replaced a cracked screen on my iPhone 4 last night, went smooth enough but when I turned the phone on after I just get ''Searching'' and ''No Service''. It does however pick up signal whenever I'm in town just where I live on the outskirts of town I cant seem to get reception.:confused:

Where is the antenna located? Could I have ''loosened'' it or something during the screen replacement?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

Replaced a cracked screen on my iPhone 4 last night, went smooth enough but when I turned the phone on after I just get ''Searching'' and ''No Service''. It does however pick up signal whenever I'm in town just where I live on the outskirts of town I cant seem to get reception.:confused:

Where is the antenna located? Could I have ''loosened'' it or something during the screen replacement?

Cheers.
    Your missing the metal surround on the top screw in the middle.
    I'll try find a picture

Hey,

Cheers.
    I'll try find a picture
    http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/ua6LR1tnvqfoP4Rn.standard

Hey,

Cheers.
    I'll try find a picture
    http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/ua6LR1tnvqfoP4Rn.standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Gentleman!

Okay, I got the replacement part as suggested above but still no difference. Anyone got any other ideas? I just find it odd that it works sometimes when I'm in a well populated area..

Cheers.

• Advertisement

your deffinitely short a ground somewhere, have you the clip on the battery connection?
    Backplate_Antenna.jpeg
    or the connection under it
    iphone-4-antenna-shim-full.jpg

Hey Cathal,

Yes, I've checked the two points already and both seem fine/connected.

EDIT: Got it sorted. Was the connector under the battery cover. Kept popping out when I'd screw the protector back on.

Thanks for the help. :)

Advertisement