Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 week 7 results

Options
  • 26-05-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raiders 77-20 Saints

Key stats:
    Matt Hill 119.5 rating, 37-55, 740 yards, 10 TDs and 4 interceptions
    Greg Olsen 18 catches for 375 yards and a score
    Johnny Knox 8 catches for 195 yards and 3 TDs
    Santex Beasley 6 catches for 133 yards and 3 scores
    Jordan Cameron 4 catches for 35 yards and 2 scores
    Louis Murphy 1 catch, 2 yards and a TD
    Brice McCain had a pick 6, Rashean Mathis had a normal pick
    Austen Lane, Shawne Merriman, Pat Angerer and Lawrence Timmons had 2 sacks each, Pat Angerer also coming up with an endzone interception
    Sheldon Adkins had one sack.

Annihilation from start to finish. Saints are terrible but the left side of the O-line is decent.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Texans
    Titans looking for a recent defeat by a FG in OT and also need to put some distance between the 2 teams.

Texans win the toss and elect to receive first.
    Texans move it but then have to punt.

Titans get stopped aswell and punt.

Texans move it well and then a screen pass and some ridiculous spin moves gets Peterson into the end zone for a 57 yard TD

0-7 Texans
    Titans get the ball back, send it on a pass to the side line to MJD, he catches and runs it 84 yards for a TD

7-7

Newman then gets an int.

MJD fumbles... Titans challenge.. its overturned!
    Titans are clinical and on the next play, send it to Finley who catches for a 38 yard TD

14-7 Titans at the end of the 1st Q
    Another scrreen play is completed just before a QB sack and the Texans make good yards.
    Titans stop the Texans for a FG after a very good Peterson inspired drive.
    Texans only get 3 and Peterson is injured

14-10 Titans

Titans move it well but struggled outside FG range and punt it away.

29 seconds left in the half.

14-10 @ HT, Titans to receive

titans move it well in the air, MJD shackled on the ground but making yards in the air but he then pounds it in for a short rushing TD.

21-10 Titans

Texans move it well but Titans look they'll make a goal line stand but they Defense push peterson into the end zone.

21-17 Titans with 7:29 in the game.

MJD breaks off an 80 yard run for a TD.. but it gets called for holding :(

However, MJD is finding some yards now and a great PA pass to Finley gets Titans into the red zone.

**2 min warning**
    Titans have the ball on the Texans 7 yard line but they have to settle for a FG

24-17 Titans with 1:53 in the game

Peterson is MVP for this game game..

The Texans QB rolls deep and right.. he sends a pass cross field and Fujita picks it off. Titans have to punt with a few seconds left.. they float a punt over the line, the returner catches but then gets hammered by 3 Titans and fumbles, Buchanon picks up up and goes to the end zone.

Titans miss the XP :confused:

30-17

Some Stats:

Titans with 330 yard of offense, 93 rushing
    Texans with 279 yards of offense 137 rushing

Titans 3rd down conversion 50% Vs 60% Texans

Schaub gets over his Raiders nightmare with a perfect game
    Rating of 158.3, 8 from 10, 237 yards, 2 TDs and no Ints
    Orton has a QB rating of 61 with 10 from 17, 122 yards, 1 TD and 2 ints

MJD struggled against the stingy Houston defense, getting 94 yards from 28 carries and 1 TD
    Peterson gets 150 yards from 21 carries

Finley gets himself 5 catches, 114 yards and 1 TD
    Peterson gets 3 catches, 80 yards and 1 TD
    MJD gets 2 catches, 120 yards and 1 TD

Great game Pudsy, like our last game could have went either way

Bye week next week and then 3 CPU games including the Packers (CPU):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Absolutely disgusted I lost that. The pick I threw was due to lag. I thought it didn't recognise I pressed A so I pressed it again and threw a pick.

Also not happy with that TD right before HT. What the hell was my cb at, he let your man catch it without even jumping and he decided not to even try and tackle him.

Then as usual you get the bit of luck with the return at the end.

Another classic game really. Just I am not happy with Madden at all at the moment.

Good game Santry. Feel free to write up a proper report, I am seething atm. :(

Santry won 37-34 by the way with a last gasp field goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusted I lost that. The pick I threw was due to lag. I thought it didn't recognise I pressed A so I pressed it again and threw a pick.

Also not happy with that TD right before HT. What the hell was my cb at, he let your man catch it without even jumping and he decided not to even try and tackle him.

Then as usual you get the bit of luck with the return at the end.

Another classic game really. Just I am not happy with Madden at all at the moment.

Good game Santry. Feel free to write up a proper report, I am seething atm. :(

Santry won 37-34 by the way with a last gasp field goal.

Too busy organising stuff with tomorrow but that was one of the best games I've ever played. The ending was nuts. First off, I throw a pick 6 with 1:40 on the clock and being up 34-27. From the kick off I get my usual bit of luck against you Eamonn and get up to the 50. On the 3rd and 6 I was just looking to make it a 60 yard FG when Rice broke through to make the kick a hell of a lot easier. Savage game Raoul and I really appreciate you getting on then. If you ever want me to return the favour I will definitely have no problem with it!

With that I've left the league for the next 4 weeks and Raoul is now the commish. If you don't hear from me in 4 weeks time I'm probably lost somewhere in Eastern Europe :pac: Or Ireland made the quarters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Too busy organising stuff with tomorrow but that was one of the best games I've ever played. The ending was nuts. First off, I throw a pick 6 with 1:40 on the clock and being up 34-27. From the kick off I get my usual bit of luck against you Eamonn and get up to the 50. On the 3rd and 6 I was just looking to make it a 60 yard FG when Rice broke through to make the kick a hell of a lot easier. Savage game Raoul and I really appreciate you getting on then. If you ever want me to return the favour I will definitely have no problem with it!

With that I've left the league for the next 4 weeks and Raoul is now the commish. If you don't hear from me in 4 weeks time I'm probably lost somewhere in Eastern Europe :pac: Or Ireland made the quarters :D

Good luck. Might see you in Poznan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Jamari Quick Rugby

redskins 31
    vikings 6

Passing 285 - 80 vikings
    Rushing 43 - 72 vikings
    Yrds Total 328 - 152 vikings
    sacks 4-3 vikings
    ints 1-3 vikings

player of the game is larry fitz 240 yds and 3 tds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

redskins 31
    vikings 6

Passing 285 - 80 vikings
    Rushing 43 - 72 vikings
    Yrds Total 328 - 152 vikings
    sacks 4-3 vikings
    ints 1-3 vikings

player of the game is larry fitz 240 yds and 3 tds

You're liking Larry Fitz then Nerd? :)

Paully D wrote: »
    You're liking Larry Fitz then Nerd? :)

ya hes doin ok i guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Chargers beat the Bengals fairly well. I think the score was 42-14 in the end? With 2TDs from Fitzpatrick, 3 from Blount and a pick 6 by Roman Harper. Blount rushed for over 200 yds with Hernandez having about 150 yds and 2 TDs. For the Bengals, their 2TDs came from Michael Turner. However, 4 picks from Cam Newton gave the Chargers too many chances. Could have been a different game if it wasn't for the huge turnover differential.

With both the Chargers and Raiders looking strong, the AFC West is looking good this season. However, time away for Broncos and Chargers could mean the Raiders take it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Turnover differential is so crucial, if you win the turnover battle it will paper over so much else.

If you lose it by more than 2 TO's then it is very unlikely you can win the game.

Perfect example of this in my game last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Lukebray wrote: »
    Chargers beat the Bengals fairly well. I think the score was 42-14 in the end? With 2TDs from Fitzpatrick, 3 from Blount and a pick 6 by Roman Harper. Blount rushed for over 200 yds with Hernandez having about 150 yds and 2 TDs. For the Bengals, their 2TDs came from Michael Turner. However, 4 picks from Cam Newton gave the Chargers too many chances. Could have been a different game if it wasn't for the huge turnover differential.

With both the Chargers and Raiders looking strong, the AFC West is looking good this season. However, time away for Broncos and Chargers could mean the Raiders take it.

Head-wrecking game!
    Some bad throws by Newton missing guys by yards and straight into DB's hands, one of the INTs was bad choice by me, am annoyed at the rest. Bloody fumble by new boy Jahvid Best.
    A lot of broken tackles from the Chargers on offense and the pick 6.

Besides my moaning, found it tough to stop Chargers offense. Blount ran through me.
    Just frustrating game for me, got out of hand early with fumble when driving for a TD down 14-0. Chargers score on that drive and the. Had to throw too much, which is never a good thig with Cam Newton.
    Defense couldn't stop runs, especially outside and Fitzpatrick got ball away quickly to avoid pressure.

Good win Luke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Giants beat the Eagles 14-7. Another "classic" between us. The stats flatter both of us. We cancel each other out so much it's not funny. I think every game we have played has been decided by one score.

I think I ended up with 150 rushing yards and about 130 of them came in the last quarter on blown tackles by tired Eagle defenders.

Maybe one day we will have the shoot out we threaten to have. Maybe in Madden 13 we should take dome teams?

we play each other in the final game of the season. Knowing our division that could be a crucial game. the Giants are on able week and are off to the beach. Next up for both teams is the Redskins.

Great game and good chat. Maybe we should have a fight in Undisputed? Might be more exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

In a no holds barred clash of the division underdogs the Rams win it after a restart. First game was 7-0 seahawks at HT when it dropped connections to the server. Neither of us has had to do a restart before so we kinda messed up the stats a big bit but eventually got the score right and the hawks with the ball. To be fair the Seahawks had dominated the first game and looked likely winners....the same was not to be said after the second game started 7-0 to the seas, they started to throw picks and fumble there way to defeat. During the score setting part the seahawks kick off, I catch it with Harvin (my best WR) and he goes to lie down only to get thumped....Torn Hamstring out for 12 weeks:(. Revenge was sweet in the fourth with Ward out for 11 with a busted collarbone.:o

Ok stats not that they're really relevant.
    STL 14/3/0/7
    SEA 7/0/0/0

Seattle really need a kicker as Hayes missed 3 and two of those should be certain FG's.
    Total off 173-197 seahawks
    Rush 87-55 SL
    Pass 86-142 SH
    Turnovers 3 SL - 4 SH

Here's one to sum it up....3rd down conversions...3/8 for 37% SL and 5/11 for 45% SH....pretty poor stuff.
    Stafford had 17/32 50.5rated
    vick 7/14 52 rated
    Hillis(who had twice this i'd say the first half) 16 att for 55 yrds
    Hayes 9 att 85yrd one Td..most of this from a first qtr TD play.

Willis was excellent catching for the seahawks...5 for 112 22.4avg.

Seven sacks to two including Taylors on stafford with resulted in the immortal shouts of 'Run Fat Boy....Run' for a first TD for the Big Man.

Unlucky Seahawks....I'm sure you are plotting your revenge right now...I'm plotting life without Harvin:(

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Giants beat the Eagles 14-7. Another "classic" between us. The stats flatter both of us. We cancel each other out so much it's not funny. I think every game we have played has been decided by one score.

I think I ended up with 150 rushing yards and about 130 of them came in the last quarter on blown tackles by tired Eagle defenders.

Maybe one day we will have the shoot out we threaten to have. Maybe in Madden 13 we should take dome teams?

we play each other in the final game of the season. Knowing our division that could be a crucial game. the Giants are on able week and are off to the beach. Next up for both teams is the Redskins.

Great game and good chat. Maybe we should have a fight in Undisputed? Might be more exciting!!
    Redskins will prob be a CPU game for ye Im goin on hold on sat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Think we're ready to advance are we, only CPU games left?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nope Buccs are back from holidays, think they said they'd be playing tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Nope Buccs are back from holidays, think they said they'd be playing tonight

... or tomorrow. Struggling to find some spare time at the moment for the game. Will have a better idea if i can fit it in later this evening. If i can't make time i'll let you all know and you can just sim my game!!

ibmax wrote: »
    ... or tomorrow. Struggling to find some spare time at the moment for the game. Will have a better idea if i can fit it in later this evening. If i can't make time i'll let you all know and you can just sim my game!!

No way mate, you're back and you have until tomorrow to play the game.
    If you cant play it today you cant and we arent going to sim it just to get the rest of our games started a day earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Vince Young's inconsistency strikes again for the Chiefs and I made hard work of the CPU Broncos as a result.
    14-0 within minutes and went in to half time at 14-14.
    1 of the interceptions wasn't even within 10 yards of the intended reciever!

Got better results from a dominate run game and PA was more effective as a result allowing me to be up 28-14. Settled for a field goal and then was gifted a fumble after a heavy sack to leave me with a very short field to play out the last few mins. Long hopeful third down with a surprise PA (was running out the clock and a completed pass would end the game essentially) which ended up going for a rather easy touchdown to make it 38-14.

Tony Gonzalez was player of the game with 13 Receptions for 209 yards and 2 TDs.

A victory in spite of some worrying QB play early.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

It was Arizona's run game v Atlanta's passing game in this one and Arizona proved victorious.

Defence had no say in this game other than a pick thrown by Tony Romo resulting in a FG for Arizona.

Atlanta aired the ball out well.

Arizona 27 Atlanta 23

Statistics
    Arizona
    D. Williams - 24 Att 295 YDS 2 TDs

Matt Ryan - 9/13 126 R 1TD

Atlanta
    Tony Romo - 29/41 94 R 351YDs 1TD 1INT

Eric Decker - 14 Rec 168YDS
    Rahaad Hopkins - 13 Rec 157YDS 1TD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I think so.

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    I think so.

Buccs still to play..

Advertisement