Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home swimming pool

• 26-05-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong area, but i had no idea where to post it.

I got one of those small intex 8ft pools for the garden.. looks like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140571945862&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Now i wanted to add a heater to it and I found one that says it will increase the water temperature by 10-12 degrees. Would by be at a temperature you could get into the water without been freezing ? I know the Irish weather is not the best but on weekends like this it would be nice to get into the pool.. But even in weather like this normal water is way to cold to get into.

So would that extra 10-12 degrees make much of a difference ?

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭whizbang

Make yourself a solar heater for this pool! Plenty of info on the web- Even a few meters of black plastic piping will significantly warm the water. But make up a decent insulated cover for night time, as all of the heat can be lost in a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,577 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Never understand why the. Bottom of these aren't black. Paint a radiator blab, put it under perspex and tun the pipes through it.

Advertisement