Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Style Fridge Overheating.

• 26-05-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I have a samsung american style fridge and its overheating. Its at 14 degrees now and won't go down. Any idea how to cool down the fridge?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Could be that the fan in the fridge section has stopped working. It actually freezes up.
    Can be fixed by taking off the panels inside the fridge and getting at the fan or by turning off the fridge and letting the ice me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I agree the OP the fridge fan can be iced over normally denoted by a ticking sound when you open the door.I had to throw in a couple of towels and use boiling water to get rid of the ice.The is a foil heater on the bottom of the fridge which has a hole in it it should be clear not iced up.I had to completely thaw out mine a couple of times until I had to get a replacement service pack which contains about four major items for £120
    I replaced it whit the newer type and its worse.
    Google it to see how bad they actually are.

Advertisement