Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue in D15 for 60th

Options
  • 26-05-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I'm arranging a surprise 60th party for my mum in August. There are going to be about 30 people coming, while I want to get them all in a room with food and wine, I'm not sure if I can afford it.

I was initially looking at getting a function room in a hotel, but I checked the Crowne Plaza by the Blanchardstown Centre and the Carlton in Tyrrelstown and it's €100 for a room, which is grand, but then approx €20 per person for a fairly basic meal, and they won't allow outside catering in which could work out much cheaper. I'd love to have the meal paid for, but that's €700 which is just too much for me.

So, I was thinking about a restaurant where people can order what they want and pay for it (although I'd bring in the wine). But my mum hates crowds so I'd need somewhere that I can book a room for 30 people with nobody else in there other than our party.

The other alternative is booking a small function room and bringing in outside catering. I'd be happy to do that as long as there would be a good choice of food and it cost no more than €400. I don't know if that's feasible though - would €400 cover a room and food?

If anyone has any ideas or experience, I would be very grateful!!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The function room in the Vineyard in Blanch village? - might be a bit big for 30 people but they definitely let you bring food in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

How about Aurora in Tyrellstown? You can book the private room?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There's a decent sized room over the halfway house might be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

What about Westmanstown Golf Club or Castleknock Tennis Club - been too 40th dos in both

There's also a small room upstairs in Myos, and a function room in the 12th lock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Thanks! I didn't know that any of those places had function rooms!! Will get onto them all now. Thanks again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Hi. Westmanstown has plenty of room. Also The Roselawn Inn has a perfect sized function room and bar upstairs for parties. Ive been to parites in both and they were very good. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

not D15, know

how about the anglers rest?

they have a prvate room upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

The Paddocks in Clonee has a function room that's free as far as I know, and they let you bring in your own food or they do platters for about €7-9/person depending on how much variety you want. Again, it might be a bit big for 30 people, but if its low cost and privacy that you're looking for its a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The Bell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Have you considered using a house and getting it catered? For €400 you could probably manage catering and then buy a couple of cases of red & white and a slab of beer.

Ask a couple of family to bring desserts and you'll have a more personal event.

Another venue to consider is Brasserie15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

THE CORDUFF INN. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

In the bell it's €400. This is the price for a DJ, the function room and plenty of finger food.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Thanks guys!! I tried The Vineyard first and they do the room for free and allow outside catering and I can also bring in somebody to do some music. Does anybody know how I can contact Joe Dolan? :p Going to go in and check out the room next week, but if it doesn't work, I have plenty of other places to try out.

I was really at a loss to find somewhere, so I'm very glad I asked here! I want to make this a fantastic birthday for my amazing mum, so I really, really appreciate all your help. Will let ya know how it goes.

Advertisement