Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saving Hope [CTV - CA]

• 26-05-2012 4:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

CTV announced that it has ordered to series SAVING HOPE, a new, one-hour original drama starring Erica Durance (SMALLVILLE) and Michael Shanks (STARGATE ATLANTIS) from the acclaimed Gemini award-winning producers Ilana Frank and David Wellington (THE ELEVENTH HOUR, Of Murder and Memory, ROOKIE BLUE). CTV has ordered 12 one-hour episodes in addition to the pilot shot this summer.

In SAVING HOPE, when charismatic Chief of Surgery Charlie Harris (Shanks) at Toronto’s Hope-Zion Hospital ends up in a coma, he leaves the hospital in chaos – and his fiancée and fellow surgeon, Alex Reid (Durance), in a state of shock. Along with newly-arrived star surgeon, Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES), Alex races to save Harris’ life. As the action unfolds, comatose Dr. Harris wanders the halls of Hope-Zee in “spirit” form, not sure if he’s a ghost or a figment of his own imagination. Reid, along with her fellow doctors, press on to save his life and those of their other patients, as they deal with the complicated and courageous decisions that are made in their daily struggle to keep hope alive.

“Tapping into the frenetic lives of medical professionals entrusted to make life and death decisions every single day, SAVING HOPE is a sexy, heart-pumping hospital drama with captivating storylines,” said Phil King, President, CTV Programming and Sports. “We look forward to working with the talented actors and creative team behind this compelling new series.”

SAVING HOPE also stars Huse Madhavji (COMBAT HOSPITAL, STAR DAILY), Julia Taylor-Ross (ROOKIE BLUE), and Kristopher Turner (ROOKIE BLUE, THE LISTENER).

SAVING HOPE, which is inspired by Ian Brown’s The Globe and Mail “Mount Hope” series based on stories from Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto, is executive produced by Thump Inc.’s Ilana Frank and David Wellington (THE ELEVENTH HOUR, Of Murder and Memory, ROOKIE BLUE). Co-created and written by Malcom MacRury (REPUBLIC OF DOYLE, LIVES OF THE SAINTS) and Morwyn Brebner (ROOKIE BLUE). Lesley Harrison is also executive producer. David Wellington directs. Trish Williams is Director, Independent Production, Drama, Bell Media. Corrie Coe is Senior Vice-President, Independent Production, Bell Media. Mike Cosentino is Senior Vice-President, Programming, CTV Networks. Phil King is President, CTV Programming and Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No point in merging this with the other Saving Hope thread, since the info is more or less the same, and there was no discussion on the other thread.

Sounds like an interesting idea for a show though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

First eppy is out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭squonk

Haven't watched the trailers but it sounds mad they'd get 12 eppys out of this premise. The description puts me in mind of A Gifted Man, which may or may not be a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Watched it last night but not 100% convinced to keep watching. Not sure exactly why I won't keep watching but I think it's all been done before somehow and nothing new.

Just watched the first one today. I don't think it's as good as A Gifted Man (which was very underrated), but I quite liked it. Erica Durance did a fine job (better than I thought she would after the shallow-as-a-puddle Smallville).

I'll watch a few more. Can't see how they'll drag this out to multiple seasons, but I'm in for the short haul at least.

I just hope they cut down on the lens flare, which was starting to give me a headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Watched the first two episodes after each other on thurs...i quite like it. Not sure where they going from here,the only thing they can do really is bring him back and have him seeing ghosts. Tbh i'd prefer the show if he wasn't in it at all,the background stories are interesting.

Just renewed for a second season.

I really like the show, but I'm not sure how I feel about a renewal to be honest. It would have made a nice self-contained single-season show (with a feel-good ending).

Realistically, how can they stretch it out for 2 seasons?

NBC is taking medical drama Saving Hope off the schedule.

Instead, the network will make the final two episodes of season one available online, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. The two episodes were originally scheduled to air Sept. 8 and 15 and will be replaced by encores of America's Got Talent and The Voice.

^ don't expect NBC to air season 2 in the US then, effecitely cancelled...in the US. In Canada it's a big hit and already renewed for season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Dont know how I missed this one; the trailers look good so I'll have to give it a watch.

• Advertisement

I just watched the finale - great end to the series, and a nice hook for the next one.
    The Pamela storyline was really heavy handed though - pretty obvious early on.

Season 2 kicks off in Canada on Tuesday June 25th http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/06/saving-hope-season-2-press-release-and.html

Season 2 off and running for those interested...there are webisodes as well: http://www.ctv.ca/SavingHopeLastCall.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts on Watch UK on 7th of August 2013 at 9pm

I finished off season 3 over the weekend. Bit of a shock at the end - I didn't think they'd do that to that particular character.

All done - the series finale aired last week.

I have to admit that Saving Hope was one of my guilty pleasures - it had a great ensemble cast and they acted their socks off in the finale.

It was a total tearjerker and it was a tough 40 minutes of TV to get through. :(

Advertisement