Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Suite - not cooperating

Options
  • 26-05-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I installed nokia suite recently after Dads' phone started acting up. It must have been dropped once too often because the numbers from the sim card had all disappeared. I found them on the memory card and managed to back them up as a txt file, easily converted into a csv file. Vcf (the one it prefers) is tricker to do.

The carphone warehouse suggested I upgrade the firmware, but there are no firmware upgrades for the 7230 on the nokia website. I hoped there were. A firmware upgrade would have been the way to get the nokia suite to move the csv list of names and numbers onto the sim card where they belong. Nokia suite isn't working properly. It van make backup files and restore them, but all I have is a text file. Nothing doing apparently.

Can you copy contacts from text files to sim cards? How?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How old is the sim? I would replace try a free replacement sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

The sim card in it now is probably the same age as the phone. If replaced, I would still be left with the original problem.

Apart from Nokia Suite, are there any software tools that'll belch numbers onto a fresh sim card from a CSV file?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Depending on the phone, MyPhoneExplorer might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Gave MyPhoneExplorer a try there, nothing doing. It's for google android and sony ericsson phones. Nokia says no.

Edit:
    7230 needs an older version of Nokia Suite. So far so good. Now how in the heck do I turn a lanky huge text file into a VCF (vCard) file?

I might need to make an individual vcf for every contact. How would I do that?

Advertisement