Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why straighten straight hair?

• 26-05-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I have naturally straight hair. It air dries straight and blow dries super straight. Every hair stylist I've gone to comments on how straight my hair is. And yet they still break out the straightener every time and run it through my hair. Why is this? Would they be offended if I ask them not too? Because I have a lot of hair, and by the time they finish blow drying it in that very nice way that they do, I've been in the chair for about an hour, even if I'm just going for a trim. And it looks the same as when I blow dry it my quick messy way at home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

If you don't want the hairdresser to use a straightener, then just say it to them that you like it without a straghtener. Most won't care and want you to walk out liking your new do so if you say you are happy how it is, then job done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I always think it's a bad hairdresser if they need to use a straightener on your hair.

If you are happy with your hair before they straighten it then they should have no problem not using it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think the theory is it makes it shinier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

frogstar wrote: »
    I always think it's a bad hairdresser if they need to use a straightener on your hair.

If you are happy with your hair before they straighten it then they should have no problem not using it

Yup! A good hairdresser should get is right on the blow dry alone. I have very straight hair and went to a new hairdresser recently who used a straightner on it, if it did anything it just kinda flattened my hair!

Just have the guts to tell them, I'm often kinda scared to speak up :o Tell them you are running late if you have to.

Advertisement