Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unofficial Coir poster?

• 26-05-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/2260/206440.jpg

I must admit I laughed my ass off at this cause I thought Coir had joined in on this referendum and decided just to reuse the old posters from the lisbon referendum.

But i checked their website and it's still appears to be in circa 2009 land with nothing on the current referendum.

So is it legal to put up a poster for a group not actively campaigning.

or is Coir just incredibly lazy?

This is in Thurles, tipperary just outside the local presentation school.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

I must admit I laughed my ass off at this cause I thought Coir had joined in on this referendum and decided just to reuse the old posters from the lisbon referendum.

But i checked their website and it's still appears to be in circa 2009 land with nothing on the current referendum.

So is it legal to put up a poster for a group not actively campaigning.

or is Coir just incredibly lazy?

This is in Thurles, tipperary just outside the local presentation school.

If I hadn't seen 'Stability' in the background I would have been skeptical tbh. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

If I hadn't seen 'Stability' in the background I would have been skeptical tbh. :p

Have I ever posted anything that would make you think I would purposely mislead? :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

COIR obviously encourage recycling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pfff, I know somewhere in central Dublin that has a 2010 general election poster on a lamp post.

Now, I sure you'll be saying to yourself, that we didn't have a 2010 general election, but hey, they did in Australia.

This appeared between today and thursday so someone put this up for this referendum.

I'm curious if it was by Coir or some zealot and if it's not officially by Coir then is it legal putting up their posters if they are not publicly campaigning?

• Advertisement

Huh?

Saw another on the way out of town (the old milked dry one)

So it must be official?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Could be a Yes campaigner who hid them after Lisbon, who is now using them to undermine the current No campaign! :D

Advertisement