Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is vodafones DSL service like?

• 26-05-2012 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

hi folks, can someone give me some ideas of what Vodafone's DSL service is like?

do they block any ports, or type of network services?
    how reliable is it?
    whats customer service like

currently paying eircom €128 every two months for offpeak calls (talktime chatter ), and broaband regular 250gb allowance.... which is a bit much...

thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

No they dont block ports but there CS is by far the worst in ireland, CS Agents have a tendancy to constantly lie and fob you off.

If you can go with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Vodafone broadband is the worst broadband I have ever had, and I have experienced half a dozen different broadband packages with different providers on the exact same phone line.. Incredibly unreliable, and when you experience connection problems,snail paced Internet speeds, you will get fobbed off and told to check cables and to restart modem ad finitum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I had voda for two years and was fine always got my speed and never had dropouts. Its delivery on the same line as eircom, smart and the rest. If you have issues its either them the line or the modem. If there is an issue just call them on you mobile and check the line and the modem. Oh their modem sucks, maybe just buy a decent one yourself, the old eircom ones can be iffy

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

I would also agree with the above its really bad and when you contact them about it they send you on an endless circle of excuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

Leaving their customer service out of it for a minute. The service offered by Vodafone is the same as any other bitstream DSL service.

Your experience depends on your distance from the exchange, the quality of your line, the congestion in your area etc.
    i.e. You get whatever your line can support, switching providers won't improve a bad connection.

Vodafone offer a high cap at a relatively low price, compared to other providers. Apparently they have bad customer service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement