Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wee Market on Market Square...... oddly enough.

Options
  • 26-05-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Three day job starting Friday gone and ending tomorrow. I never really go there unless out running and I was away last week so didn't know it was happening. Got a nice Amca peruvian necklace.

Now I look awesome ! But seriously, it's a nice wee set up :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I really do look awesome though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Was up at it today, was actually pretty good and good crowd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

The Market Square being used as a....market. As it should be imo. Great to see.

I was at it myself and bought a few things. Good to see the children running through the fountains and the parents taking photos. There were quite a few at it when I was there and everyone seemed to be having fun. The smell from the food vendors was good too!

mod9maple wrote: »
    The Market Square being used as a....market. As it should be imo. Great to see.

I was at it myself and bought a few things. Good to see the children running through the fountains and the parents taking photos. There were quite a few at it when I was there and everyone seemed to be having fun. The smell from the food vendors was good too!

Absolutely, I got some nice festival clothing too on Sunday.

I never really venture down to the Market on a Friday as I am usually rounding off my week in work and being a Sushi fan was mad to try Dundalks finest Sushi !

I got a wee taste on Sunday and must say I was impressed. I'll be back this friday for more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Is this going to be every week or once a month or what?!

• Advertisement

sudzs wrote: »
    Is this going to be every week or once a month or what?!

I'd like to know that too. I'd like to see that Peruvian guy come back !

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

MugMugs wrote: »
    I got a wee taste on Sunday and must say I was impressed. I'll be back this friday for more!

Is the sushi stall only there on Fridays?

KBarry wrote: »
    Is the sushi stall only there on Fridays?

According to their website
    Tako-Yaki-Tori is a mobile kitchen business based in Dundalk Ireland , serving Japanese Takoyaki , Yakitori , Sushi boxed lunch and Yakisoba . We can deliver anywhere within the Dundalk area and are open for business Monday ~Friday between 11:00 and 18:00 or times as indicated elsewhere . (now delayed subject to Dundalk square works)
    We have secured a spot in the Dundalk Square , Friday Producers Market and will be open for business from 10:00 in the morning to 15:30 every Friday . So come along and try a taste of Japan.
    We will also be catering at Festivals & Fairs throughout the year along the east coast between Belfast & Dublin

Visited the wee market today. Tis wee indeed.... 4 stalls. :eek: The lovely Bellingham Blue cheese people, a jam man, a veg man and the sushi.

Tried the sushi. There was mayonaise in it. Only place I ever had sushi with mayo in it was in rural Western Australia. :rolleyes:

Was I unlucky today, is there usually more stalls? Is it worth going again?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Visited the wee market today. Tis wee indeed.... 4 stalls. :eek: The lovely Bellingham Blue cheese people, a jam man, a veg man and the sushi.

Tried the sushi. There was mayonaise in it. Only place I ever had sushi with mayo in it was in rural Western Australia. :rolleyes:

Was I unlucky today, is there usually more stalls? Is it worth going again?

I'm wondering ! is it possible that you are mistaking Philadelphia Cream Cheese for mayonnaise.

• Advertisement

shindig-jp wrote: »
    I'm wondering ! is it possible that you are mistaking Philadelphia Cream Cheese for mayonnaise.

Maybe it was as it was mid afternoon and there was nothing on the stall to keep the sushi cool so it was well above room temperature. Anyway, to put Philli in sushi is worse imo!!! :eek:

I'm a purist when it comes to sushi! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭pinky 06

Maybe it was as it was mid afternoon and there was nothing on the stall to keep the sushi cool so it was well above room temperature. [/QUOTE

He keeps all of the sushi in a cooler box under the counter, so it's always nice and chilled. I hope he's there tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I bought a lizard ornament thing for my bathroom wall in it a few weeks ago off the stall with all the wooden animal carvings.:)

Ann22 wrote: »
    I bought a lizard ornament thing for my bathroom wall in it a few weeks ago off the stall with all the wooden animal carvings.:)

Must............ resist........... inuendo....

Advertisement