Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recorded on mini DVD...

• 26-05-2012 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

.. and then burning onto a regular DVD. What is the best approach to doing this?

I've been asked to record a DVD of a 3 day event to be shown in a local nightclub, they intend to show the footage of the event on the screens that night, so Friday's events shown on Friday night, Saturday's on Sat night ect. I've done it before for them but never with the mini DVD's that their camcorder record's on?

I need a decent, preferably free, software that enables me to place a logo on the video too, I've tried to burn a DVD with the software I have and it's tediously slow! I know that it can only write onto the disc as fast as my drive will allow, but it seem to be the converting that's slow.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance ;)

P.S. We have 2 laptops here is there any way I can check the settings to see which laptop will burn onto the disc faster?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

your shooting during the day and need it for that night? thats tight!!
    if you just need the whole footage you should be able to hook the cam to a DVD recorder and record it onto the disc.

but if you need to edit it for final output, the first thing that has to be done is to transfer the mini DV to a computer, i dont use tape myself but i have heard that it can be a slow process, then you'll need to edit the footage if needed, encode it to mpeg2 and author it to a DVD disc using the computer's burner

where do you want to place the logo? like on the surface of the disc? or in the footage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Fionn wrote: »
    your shooting during the day and need it for that night? thats tight!!
    if you just need the whole footage you should be able to hook the cam to a DVD recorder and record it onto the disc.

but if you need to edit it for final output, the first thing that has to be done is to transfer the mini DV to a computer, i dont use tape myself but i have heard that it can be a slow process, then you'll need to edit the footage if needed, encode it to mpeg2 and author it to a DVD disc using the computer's burner

where do you want to place the logo? like on the surface of the disc? or in the footage?

It can be tight yeah but its for a nightclub so have 4 odd hours to do it hopefully. Sorry I meant mini DVD's the one's that hold 30 mins each. I have used mini DV's before, the tapes, and hooked up to my DVD recorder via cable and simply burned off that. The problem is I can't use my DVD recorder with this new camcorder, and thought as I'm going to, in all likelihood, have to use a laptop I might as well stick a log for said nightclub in the corner of the screen throughout the duration of the footage.

If It transpires that its too much hassle to put a logo on I will scrap that idea, but I just want to know if anyone has a recommendation as to what software to use or if different software will make any real difference to speed at all. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

oh! i get you now.
    the way to find out the speed of dvd drive is to look up its properties in control panel, device manager, check the make and type then look it up on the manufacturers web site.
    As for the logo, you can probably do it in Windows Movie Maker (which is free)with not too much fuss, youd still end up running the footage through it tho! i'm sure theres a few tutorials on the web showing how to add a channel logo etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Anyone got any recommendations for some software :confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement