Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plato's PC Case

Options
  • 26-05-2012 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

So many years ago I bought myself a CM Stacker - back in the days when BTX was still being floated around. Recently I've had something go on me - probably down to heat. A few days of waiting for new components to arrive has given be pause to clear out years and years of crap from the fans and case.

Now that I have it put back together now seems like a good time to ask for some help with the air flow. I'm on a tight budget as I've just spend silly money on a 3750K and an ASUS Z77 Sabertooth. I may also purchase a PCS 7950 all of which I would like to over clock.

There is a 120mm exhaust at the back - I'm planning on perhaps replacing this with a H40 or H60 - positioned for exhuast rather than intake. I will be using a Coolermaster V8 until then with the air flow positionsed to flow towards the exhuast it only has to travel about 10cm

There are 3 120mm intake fans in 3 x 4 in 1 coolermaster drive modules. The bottom two have 7 HDDs between them. The top on is of the newer type and has no drives - its just there for air flow. There is also a top mounted 80mm intake.

I plan on adding 2x 80mm exhaust fans at the bottom PSU mount. There is the PSU exhaust mounted at the top of the case.

I've included some (bad) pictures I hope they help explain. I'd be grateful for any input.

The case sits under my desk which gives it about 10cm clearance front and back - I can't really move it but any suggestions welcome.

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Unless I've mullered them there are 2 x Sapphire 4870s going back in it for a while until the finances improve.

I'm particually worried about airflow to the top card. The bottom will hopefully get good airflow from the 2 x 80mm exhausts.

Advertisement