Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors inWaterford city?

Options
  • 26-05-2012 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi guys, I am new to Waterford city and am looking for a new GP. Preferabley one that I could go to on Monday evening after work. There is a thread on here already for doctors in Waterford but its over 5 years old. Any help would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

chargerman wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am new to Waterford city and am looking for a new GP. Preferabley one that I could go to on Monday evening after work. There is a thread on here already for doctors in Waterford but its over 5 years old. Any help would be appreciated.
    rowe creavin clinic up beside walsh park

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think its called waterfor health park in the phone book / online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Be careful with that place, some of the docs are good and some are just plain assholes. There an Australian chap up their whos really good

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Dont go to Chantelle anyways. She will have you on the pill even if your male and went in with a sore toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

She will have you on the pill even if your male and went in with a sore toe.
    Better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ComeraghGreen

Dont go to Chantelle anyways. She will have you on the pill even if your male and went in with a sore toe.

Chantelle McNamara works in the Keogh Practice in Ballybricken NOT in the Rowe Creavin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

My family attend Dr. Cormac O'Nuallain in Rocwood Manor, Johns Hill.

Surgery hours are from 8am until 7pm which is very handy for one of these things you have to see the doctor for, but it is not an emergency.

He is very decent and a rock of common sense. He can listen and make suggestions where a tablet is not often necessary. He doesn't sweat the small stuff. For instance my cholesterol is a little bit high......remedy = lose weight, exercise and stay away from junky food in moderation and then we will see how it is. So, the onus is on me to look after my lifestyle and not just take a tablet! He also can dispense old fashioned real advice.

Most importantly he knows times are changed and is very decent with his fee especially if its the kids or a repeat visit.

His Practice Partner, Dr. Gray, seems a logical down to earth person also and also dispenses information instead of just a tablet. She is of a quiet and pleasant disposition as well as efficient.

Oh, and and the practice staff are all nice people too and not interfering or rude. I would recommend this practice.

BTW, Welcome to Waterford and the SE. Enjoy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Chantelle McNamara works in the Keogh Practice in Ballybricken NOT in the Rowe Creavin :)
    yeah I know. Op asked for Waterford doctor it was someone else who mentioned Rowe practise so I presume the op was still open to a Waterford doctor.

Thanks for emphasising the "not". I would have been COMPLETELY confused if it wasn't for that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I go to Dr. de Villiers in Rowe Creavin and I'm really happy with him. Haven't had a regular GP in nearly 7 years due to moving around quite a bit but I've now settled down here and after a recent accident I've been into Dr. de Villiers a good bit and he's really good. Doesn't just whip out the old prescription pad to get you out of his office and takes his time with you. Went in there one week after my accident just to ask a few questions about my injuries and he took his time, didn't feel like I was wasting his time or anything because I just wanted my mind put at ease.

Find all the staff in the health centre excellent. My bf's dad's GP for 12 years was Dr. Rowe and he was very good to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wsopchamp

Minister wrote: »

Surgery hours are from 8am until 7pm which is very handy for one of these things you have to see the doctor for, but it is not an emergency.

He is very decent and a rock of common sense. He can listen and make suggestions where a tablet is not often necessary. He doesn't sweat the small stuff. For instance my cholesterol is a little bit high......remedy = lose weight, exercise and stay away from junky food in moderation and then we will see how it is. So, the onus is on me to look after my lifestyle and not just take a tablet! He also can dispense old fashioned real advice.

Most importantly he knows times are changed and is very decent with his fee especially if its the kids or a repeat visit.

His Practice Partner, Dr. Gray, seems a logical down to earth person also and also dispenses information instead of just a tablet. She is of a quiet and pleasant disposition as well as efficient.

Oh, and and the practice staff are all nice people too and not interfering or rude. I would recommend this practice.

+1..great family doc,,fantastic with kids and not one to lash out the pills unless he feels there really needed,,Not a massive fan of Dr Gray (altough i havnt seen her much and maybe need to give her more of a chance)..He has a nurse workin there as well whose sound and the 2 receptionists are sound as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ould lad

Minister wrote: »

I had to make an appointment last week to see Dr. O'Nuallain and was advised that evening surgery is now until six o'clock (6pm) latest. Opening hours until seven finished a couple of weeks ago the receptionist said.

Advertisement