Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in kerry

• 26-05-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi does anyone know any good broadband providers in the kerry area, i live in knocklebede, kilcummin, about 15 mins from killarney, im with a company called VoiP at the moment and to be honest there connection is garbage it doesn't even connect half the time, i mostly want to get broadband for online gaming with the ps3 :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If you have line of sight to the Sliabh Mish mountains (near Tralee, you can see all the masts up there), Permanet have a transmitter up there and I believe Kerry Broadband do too. The two of them might be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

neily183 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know any good broadband providers in the kerry area, i live in knocklebede, kilcummin, about 15 mins from killarney, im with a company called VoiP at the moment and to be honest there connection is garbage it doesn't even connect half the time, i mostly want to get broadband for online gaming with the ps3 :)

Hey who did you end up getting broadband from with? im also in the area and looking for options
    Cheers

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Look at my post above regarding LOS to Slieve Mish :) There's likely relays in and around Killarney if you can't see the Slieve Mish mountains. I doubt you'll get anything from Cork that far away.

Advertisement