Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook internet rage

• 26-05-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm having a lot of problems with maintaining an internet connection with my mac. At the moment I'm typing on my PC laptop because the mac won't connect to the same network.

Throughout the day it's connected a few times, but the connections drops pretty quickly. It's also connected temporarily to my phone hotspot.

It just happened out of the blue, there were no software updates or anything. It's happened in the past before as far as I know, but seemed to just fix itself.

Does anyone have any info on how to sort this?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

This never happened to my mac, but the exact same thing happened to my windows laptop and all I did was buy a new wifi card and that did the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Make/Model/OS/Spec ?! Do you really expect an answer without providing this basic information ?

Ken

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I had two "Airport" cards die, with similar symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Using the system information utility check for nearby wifi hotspots and conflicting channels. It could be interference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

swingking wrote: »
    Using the system information utility check for nearby wifi hotspots and conflicting channels. It could be interference

+1
    Its either that or a DNS issue or like me at home you need a 5ghz router, I use time capsule as my 2.4ghz just drops connection constantly.

Try setting up open DNS https://store.opendns.com/setup/operatingsystem/apple-osx-tiger failing that a 5ghz router should sort it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement