Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us a secret.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

A tracker mortgage is similar to a standard variable rate mortgage, with one main difference - it 'tracks' the European Central Bank (ECB) rates. The benefit is that it commits the lender to keeping their 'margin' (the markup they charge on top of the wholesale rate) under a certain level. Tracker mortgages are not available in Ireland at present.

also, i am not invisible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

The hatton part of my username was caused by me punching my friend in the face in coppers when I saw him cheating on his pregnant girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

I deliberately delay George R.R Martin from finishing his A Song of Ice and Fire series by calling him on the phone, pretending to be close friends or relatives of his and engaging him in long, meandering conversations.
    I'll usually finish by giving him a suggestion for something he can change in the TV series to delay and distract him even more.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thelmascanl

I am obsessed with starcraft!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

my balls are heavy all the time, even after i spill the beans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

so now my new secret is that I have no feckin idea what "Starcraft" is. Does it involve rockets and moons and stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

heavyballs wrote: »
    my balls are heavy all the time, even after i spill the beans
    don't leave them out on the lawn when it's raining, the water gets absorbed and they don't fly as well when you kick them...ohhhh, those sort of balls,ah, sorry for your trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

My name isn't Joe...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I live in an one off house in the countryside and not in house type b in some celtic era housing estate.
    In a few years time,when my kids are reared,I fully expect to leave this mortal coil and I don't care whether 'tis nobler in the mind or not.
    I doubt that conscience will make a coward of me.

I think that nothing really matters in the long run.-

"And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Jorcky wrote: »
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

In case the end doesn't live up to the rest of it. This way, I can never be disappointed by the end if he doesn't finish it. :pac:

"Oh by the way George, I think you need more elaborate descriptions of lavish feasts in the books. Maybe have the whole next novel can be all about one feast, told from the points-of-view of those organising, making, and eating it. You should devote 100 pages just to describing the food. The prologue can be from the point-of-view of a boar before it's slaughtered for the feast."

Disclaimer: I do in fact want him to finish the series, but in his own time, and I've no wish to pressure the man, or delay him either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

im not actually a file generally used in photoshop, sometimes i use MS paint also.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

I might be a sociopath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i admire british engineering, especially the humber bridge. they are/were experts at building. look at all the railway bridges/canals they built here. even the ones that are abandoned are stll standing proud some 150 years after they were built

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I'm not of this planet you all call 'Earth'. Alpha Centauri is lovely in the summertime, but I haven't been back there for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

housetypeb wrote: »
    I live in an one off house in the countryside and not in house type b in some celtic era housing estate.
    In a few years time,when my kids are reared,I fully expect to leave this mortal coil and I don't care whether 'tis nobler in the mind or not.
    I doubt that conscience will make a coward of me.

I think that nothing really matters in the long run.-

"And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing".

My name is Frowzy and I also live in a one off house in the countryside!

I too studied The Merchant of Venice for my Inter Cert.

Are you my twin? It's said that everybody has one.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I see dead people..........

........I go to too many funerals and wakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

In case the end doesn't live up to the rest of it. This way, I can never be disappointed by the end if he doesn't finish it. :pac:

"Oh by the way George, I think you need more elaborate descriptions of lavish feasts in the books. Maybe have the whole next novel can be all about one feast, told from the points-of-view of those organising, making, and eating it. You should devote 100 pages just to describing the food. The prologue can be from the point-of-view of a boar before it's slaughtered for the feast."

Disclaimer: I do in fact want him to finish the series, but in his own time, and I've no wish to pressure the man, or delay him either!

When I read feast descriptions I always wanna drink red wine and eat chicken legs. So if he'd leave those out a bit, it's probably healthier...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I hate macs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I drove for over 5 years with no tax on my car.
    Just got lazy & the longer it went on the less I worried about it.
    Work commute, busy national route door to door, too busy for guards to mount checkpoints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

I make up all the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Even thought my weighing scale is probably accurate, I always subtract two pounds from whatever reading I get. Three if I am having a bad day.

Dublin has grown on me and now I freak out when I think how quickly time has passed and very soon I will have to move again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Keitho_san

I'm not really gay, I pretend to be to annoy my parents.

lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I'm the third "Joe" in this thread who's name isn't Joe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

im one of the few people who thinks georgia salpha needs to work on her looks, as ive seen a few shops in my time... i can tell by the pixels of her photos...

everyone thinks im a horn dog, im actually just easy.... compared to rocket science...

other secrets you wanna hear... ok: i've he flirthing talents of a carrot...

womens only want me because i actually listen for more then two seconds, its my ace in the sleeve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I love Xiaolin Showdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I have just learned that a very close family member has been talking sh1t about me to various random people over the last number of years :eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I cried my eyes out at the start of UP. I was inconsolable. I rarely watch sad movies/shows with my fiance because they don't affect her much while I cry like a little girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

I know all procrastinators aren't afraid of doing the thing in question, they just subconsciously don't want to do it. Other gems of pop psychology to follow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I have just learned that a very close family member has been talking sh1t about me to various random people over the last number of years :eek::mad:

Just imagine how the people, who are believing this sh1t, are going to feel like the most gullible fools when the truth comes out. You'll probably feel sorry for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Joe10000 wrote: »
    I'm the third "Joe" in this thread who's name isn't Joe....
    Does that mean all Joes are non-Joes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

I shaved a Tomcat !:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Pdfile wrote: »
    im one of the few people who thinks georgia salpha needs to work on her looks, as ive seen a few shops in my time... i can tell by the pixels of her photos...

everyone thinks im a horn dog, im actually just easy.... compared to rocket science...

other secrets you wanna hear... ok: i've he flirthing talents of a carrot...

womens only want me because i actually listen for more then two seconds, its my ace in the sleeve.

I had to think before I realised your name didn't mean pedofile. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭have_a_go_hero

iv got insomnia work at 7am schite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

when i was about 14 i put Colemans mustard on a pringle and offered it to a kid that kept shouting outside the house.... he cried , i was happy .

wow that sounds messed up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

i don't particularly like soccer, in fact it can be very very boring.i only watch it to be able to talk about it and to wind up people who take it seriously.

• Advertisement

I joined Plenty of Fish the other week because I'm dissatisfied with my current partner, but don't want to dump him. Keeping options open....

I deleted the profile after 24 hours - you're not allowed to delete it any sooner.

Think I'm happier just dissatisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I'm sometimes more like a thorn than a flower.

I have a great big secret I'll never tell because I don't want you to know.

I am very conflicted.

I hate myself.

I don't know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm sometimes more like a thorn than a flower.

I have a great big secret I'll never tell because I don't want you to know.

I am very conflicted.

I hate myself.

I don't know what to do.

Talk to someone. Send me a pm if you'd like. I think ya want to talk.

I have flu and it makes me miserable.

I hate delayed gratification.

• Advertisement

I miss you every day. But feel like a real moron for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thelmascanl

Pottler wrote: »
    so now my new secret is that I have no feckin idea what "Starcraft" is. Does it involve rockets and moons and stuff?

Computer game!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I didnt invent gravity :( sorry guys

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Vicxas wrote: »
    I didnt invent gravity :( sorry guys

Not to worry. gravity sucks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

My full name is Godsentmebymistake.....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I splash people on purpose when I am driving in the rain

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I walk across pedestrian crossings at a snail's pace because I presume all drivers would splash me in the rain, given the chance.
    Don't bother beeping at me!
    Every beep is like a round of applause, savoured and committed to memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Bruce Wayne is really
    living the carefree life of a playboy millionaire
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I'm the pickarooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I keep hoping that my husband will grow out of his ps3 games.
    He's 29 now

My 45 year old mother still plays playstation games. In the past 2 weeks she has completed Dead Space 1 and is now onto Dead Space 2. However, she's fairly shíte at them all.

I'm from Kerry and hate football...

Im from Kilkenny and hate hurling.

Im from Kilkenny and prefer Waterford.

• Advertisement
Advertisement