Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 magnum moderator hard to get

Options
  • 26-05-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

hey there fellas any ideas is hard to get a 22 magnum moderator as in the reason an all that thanks lads in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

hey there fellas any ideas is hard to get a 22 magnum moderator as in the reason an all that thanks lads in advance

Any .22cal mod will do the job as in SAK / A-TEC / WHISPER and so on.
    They should be available in any gun shop :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

No problem once you have the famous "S" on your licence:P

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Moderators are useless on a magnum in my view. Still a very loud distinctive noise out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

sorry lads yous have me wrong you know you have to get a good reason for your mod for a big deer gun is it the same for 22 i wonder and go through super and so on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A mod is a firearm in itself, and irrespective of the caliber/firearm it's on it needs authorisation.

So you need to follow the same application criteria/process for a .22 magnum as you would for any other caliber.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Reasons would be the same as a deer caliber. noise reduction around farm animals or for use at night to keep noise polution down.

For a .22mag though lots of people dont bother because it doesn't reduce the noise much at all, because its not that loud at all compared to say the hmr which has a loud crack off it.

well thats where i am at the momment with my 22 hmr loud when she wants to be bitch lol lol lol

well thats where i am at the momment with my 22 hmr loud when she wants to be bitch lol lol lol

wmr you mean, .hmr is the .17 and its a fair bit louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

garv123 wrote: »
    wmr you mean, .hmr is the .17 and its a fair bit louder.

I always found them to sound the same, although i never heard them shot beside each other

ormondprop wrote: »
    I always found them to sound the same, although i never heard them shot beside each other

We've shot two of them side by side at paper in different environments and the hmr had much more of a crack off it. They both had the same length barrels and the hmr was a heavy barrel so so it shouldn't be at any disadvantage. I might try one of them decibel-meter apps on the phone and see what readings they give, it wont be accurate but should give an idea

• Advertisement

cheers there you made a very good point
    there it doesnt reduce the sound by much at all i was told as well and sorry bout the hmr got bit mixed up lol lol
    thanks again there lads mind made up im staying with out the moderator for another while any way cheers

Advertisement