Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who should represent Ireland Eurovision 2013?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Boyzone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What are you on about? The only people who heard head nor tail of Marty Whelan were people watching on RTE.

Do you think he was broadcasting to every country in Europe?

I'm talking about repackaging the whole Eurovision product to the Irish people. Whelan is outdated and cringeworthy, its time for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is such a load of whiney nonsense.

The best song won last night, it got points from every country bar one (Italy).
    We gave the UK their second highest points score (one of only 4 countries to award them points).

Dry your eyes.

I don't know why a lot of Irish people seem to think we should still be winning it every few years. There used to be 12 -18 countries in it, 42 took part this year.

It's a lighthearted entertainment competition, keep the toys in the pram and the chin up ffs.

Also, when was the last time we actaully sent someone worthy of winning it? Compare the Swedish entry last ngith to Jedward. Aesthically, they were worlds apart.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Take a few years off to reaccess our position and then try and make a return. We were badly embarrassed by that pair and Marty Whelan last night.

It's not the world cup ffs, it's a singing competition and a bit of fun.
    We were not embarrassed by anyone, Marthy Whelan is grand, I suppose you think Graham Norton was great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Dustin. Just keep sending him until they submit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

RTE aren't going to bother sending anyone half-decent as they don't have the money to stage it.

Brendan Kilkenny should be given his chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

When I heard Montenegro didn't even qualify I nearly threw up (up-up-up)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

LH Pathe wrote: »
    When I heard Montenegro didn't even qualify I nearly threw up (up-up-up)

Was gutted myself when they didn't make it, there was nearly no point in watching it last night without them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭pipelaser

Click the Link, an Oldie but a Goodie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 BeautyFromPain

Johnny Logan all the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

I keep hearing that we wouldn't be able to afford staging eurovision if it came, and I understand it, but what aspect of it would make it prohibitively expensive?

I know Azerbaijan spent around a billion this year, but that included the construction of a new stadium and all the infrastructure that goes with it. However we already have the infrastructure necessary, and loads of new venues to choose from (Aviva or The O2 being the most likely). What would make it too expensive to stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Derek Mooney.

Would it not provide a spin off though? Yanoo the people that come over stay in hotels, taxis have to eat, bring back presents etc..... We have venues, pay a few security, decorate up the stage.

What more would ya need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Derek Mooney.

Would it not provide a spin off though? Yanoo the people that come over stay in hotels, taxis have to eat, bring back presents etc..... We have venues, pay a few security, decorate up the stage.

What more would ya need?

We could do it on the cheap. Get every family in the country to donate a hang sandwich for the green room. I'm sure Tanora would like the opportunity to donate a few bottles to such a discerning international crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I didn't follow it from the start but surely something is wrong with the whole setup when we end up sending Jedward to represent us for the second time?
    Are we really saying that nobody can lip sync better for Ireland than the protege of a famous music mogul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

KKkitty wrote: »
    Neighbouring countries voting for each other has it ruined.
    Damn foreigners ruining my eurovision :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Elvis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Who got us last a few yr ago? "Can't Stop The Spring" we saw again this year how it can finally come at last and everyone knows, including the acts emselves that last, is first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

IndaKinny

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Snow Patrol. We bribe them with half the estimated cost of hosting it. Then when they win it we explain that they're from NORTHERN Ireland and it must be hosted in Belfast. They foot the cost, we get the overspill tourism. BWA HA HA HA!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Cruachan.

For the craic like.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

We should engage in a eugenics programme with the objective or creating a popstar who shares partial genetics from all european countries, this will overcome the bloc voting problem. She will have perfect phsyque and vocal characreristics...And just for lolz 3 boobs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Snow Patrol. We bribe them with half the estimated cost of hosting it. Then when they win it we explain that they're from NORTHERN Ireland and it must be hosted in Belfast. They foot the cost, we get the overspill tourism. BWA HA HA HA!!

Celine Dion entered for Switzerland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Serious answer: Don Stiffe

Joke Answer: A pint of guinness with a potato in it.

Don't send Jedward again, it's time for them to f**k off into irrelevance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Lets do a referendum for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Imelda May. With the right song she'd do very well, I think. She's probably too sensible to agree to it though!

• Advertisement

Jim Corr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Can we just send whatever this is and then hopefully they will just leave us alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Imelda May. With the right song she'd do very well, I think. She's probably too sensible to agree to it though!

I think she'd really be cheapening herself by agreeing to do the Eurovision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

The Eels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I'm with Doctor Jimbob on this one.

CRUACHAN

Without a doubt.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

David McSavage

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ThomasK911

we need some Irish rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm with Doctor Jimbob on this one.

CRUACHAN

Without a doubt.:)

love their cover of Ride On:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ThomasK911

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

Crystal Swing, but on the condition they have to do this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqNHyB7WDOg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Advertisement