Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will My Boss Fire Me ???

• 26-05-2012 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

I've been working in a cafe for the last four months. Everyday my boss is really mean to me. He tells me that I'm not doing enough work and he shouts at me.

Today I was cleaning the floor, and he walks over and drops a burger on the ground. "Call that floor clean, that's not clean" he shouted. He then got an omelette and mushed into a table I had just cleaned.

I snapped. I walked over to him and looked him square in the eye. "Big mistake pal" I said. I then picked up a big bowl filled with strawberry jelly and dumped it on his head. But that's not where it ends. Two of my work collegues who he has tormented for many years then began mushing spagetti bolognese in his face.

The whole cafe then began dancing and singing in synchronization. All the customers he had overpriced for all those years started cheering and suddenly music started playing. It really was quite remarkable.

This was the music that started playing.

Everyone in the cafe was dancing and then trumpets started playing. It was fantastic. We then walked out onto the street where a big parade had formed. Are boss disorientated by the commotion was staggering around while everyone was dancing and cheering all around him. It was magical. I will never forget it.

Anyway, in hindsight it may not have been the best idea in the world as it's my only source of income and the job markets fairly tough out there. Do you think he will be mad when I turn up for work on Monday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

tl;dr?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I think you will be lucky to even collect your wages already earned, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nah. But he will contunue to torrment you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Do you think he will be mad when I turn up for work on Monday?

Nah, few naggins, be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Be grand.

EDIT:
    Nah, few naggins, be grand.

Dammit, if you weren't so adorable all the fucking time I would be mad at you for getting there first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Do you think he will be mad when I turn up for work on Monday?

I think you would be mad to turn up for work on Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If he was as bad as you make him sound, it sounds like he was a thug/bully anyway and your better off out of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Nah you'll be grand OP,sure that's standard practice for bosses that are not nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Yes, he will but only if you don't stop dropping acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Dont you just love it when these things happen.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Cool story bro, do let us know when you've written part II :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

In Soviet Russia, you fire boss.
    Oh wait...
    Not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I then picked up a big bowel filled with strawberry jelly and dumped it on his head.
    Fuck your job, you can shit jelly!

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Threaten to report him for sexual harassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I snapped. I walked over to him and looked him square in the eye. "Big mistake pal" I said. I then picked up a big bowel filled with strawberry jelly and dumped it on his head. But that's not where it ends. Two of my work collegues who he has tormented for many years then began mushing spagetti bolognese in his face.

Whose bowel was it - and why was it full of strawberry jelly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

If he does it won't matter given Broadway might be your true calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Kensington wrote: »
    Cool story bro, do let us know when you've written part II :pac:

I will surely, it's good practise for paper 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

and then you woke up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I've been working in a cafe for the last four months. Everyday my boss is really mean to me. He tells me that I'm not doing enough work and he shouts at me.

Today I was cleaning the floor, and he walks over and drops a burger on the ground. "Call that floor clean, that's not clean" he shouted. He then got an omelette and mushed into a table I had just cleaned.

I snapped. I walked over to him and looked him square in the eye. "Big mistake pal" I said. I then picked up a big bowel filled with strawberry jelly and dumped it on his head. But that's not where it ends. Two of my work collegues who he has tormented for many years then began mushing spagetti bolognese in his face.

The whole cafe then began dancing and singing in synchronization. All the customers he had overpriced for all those years started cheering and suddenly music started playing. It really was quite remarkable.

This was the music that started playing.

Everyone in the cafe was dancing and then trumpets started playing. It was fantastic. We then walked out onto the street where a big parade had formed. Are boss disorientated by the commotion was staggering around while everyone was dancing and cheering all around him. It was magical. I will never forget it.

Anyway, in hindsight it may not have been the best idea in the world as it's my only source of income and the job markets fairly tough out there. Do you think he will be mad when I turn up for work on Monday?

i smell bullplop........u near a farm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

You have a big role on Fair City?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Genuine laugh out load, well done that was a fantastic post, really got me in a good mood again after listening to that Marty Whelan fella for the last few hours.

Genuine laugh out load, well done that was a fantastic post, really got me in a good mood again after listening to that Marty Whelan fella for the last few hours.

Should have listened to Graham Norton on bbc - far less annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Trollsbury Trollington

This is from some 80's film involving inheritance and love before money right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Can't remember the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Can't remember the movie but great post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

i smell bullplop........u near a farm?
    Well, he was handling bowels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Look. These things happen. You are probably making too much of it in your head. He probably won't even remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Lads, christ, this really does sound like a jennifer anniston romcom...if ya did that to your boss (granted, OPs name is indication of age)...in real life. for your boss to manage out of your job is a major realistic result here in fairness....

• Advertisement

Martin, did any of your story actually happen?
    Like is it completely fictional, or based loosely on the truth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Martin, did any of your story actually happen?
    Like is it completely fictional, or based loosely on the truth?

I am going with total joke. It was the entire street breaking into song which convinced me.

I am going with total joke. It was the entire street breaking into song which convinced me.

Aww, was hoping that bit was true at least :(

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

har har - love it - were back in Dali times here.
    tl;dr?

You should have - lost out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Look. These things happen. You are probably making too much of it in your head. He probably won't even remember.

Like Duggy wont remember you? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I would think you are fired sure enough. Or sacked even. Your boss seems like a prick anyways
    Is it me or the 1980's starting to creep back into the workplace?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

You don't like Marty?! I think he's wonderful and sarcastic, cracks an aul joke every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I thought he was funny, I enjoyed his commentary....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Should have listened to Graham Norton on bbc - far less annoying.

best qoute of the night-

when it looked like greece were in with a chance of winning in the early stages of the voting-

"the greek finance minister just died" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If he fires you report him for not having a licence to broadcast music in his premises.

That or write a better story so you don't fail your crappy creative writing class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I don't think anyone believes you did that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

al28283 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone believes you did that

Why not :confused: Its happening all the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

This story is genuine. I was playing the saxophone in the backgrounds as the crowd began cheering. Afterwards, we all gathered round to watch the Eurovision and joyfully hugged each other.
    Quite a gay experience if I do say so myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

Well your boss had a point. I don't recall you cleaning up that burger and omelette mess in your story. There he was just trying to help!

And you know what. I'm pretty sure that parade didn't have a valid licence.:mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

10 out of 10 OP, superb effort

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I remember one time my boss was really mean to me , so I got up on the.... oh wait, no - sorry it was a film I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

This sounds like a ****ty sitcom to me

Advertisement