Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commute to Dublin

Options
  • 26-05-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

Is a commute from Athlone to Dublin do-able? (Train or bus). I ask because it looks like I'll be facing one soon and I'd like to know what to expect.

Comments

I asked the same question a few weeks ago, there's a thread here with some useful info

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I did the reverse commute - from Dublin to Athlone - by train/bus for just under a year. To be honest I found it tough, and I wasn't sorry when it ended. Fortunately my working hours were somewhat flexible so that gave me a bit of leeway when deciding which train to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

realistically - its an insane amount of time travelling, and living in glasson would be a step to far in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Lived in Glasson and commuted to Galway for a year and a half, wouldn't really recommend it unless you have a partner working locally. The stress of either making sure you caught a train/bus and/or traffic really melts your head by the end of the week.

It really depends on your work hours and where in Dublin you work.

http://www.freakonomics.com/2012/05/30/long-commutes-bad-for-the-heart/

Advertisement