Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enclosure For Labradores

• 27-05-2012 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,
    we are getting 2 female Lab pups shortly and I'm in the process of planning to build their enclosure, my question is, how high should I make the fence to keep them in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I have a one yr old who can jump 6ft at the moment and will eat thru the fence. Safest place for her is crated when I'm not home.

Other 3 are great. What age are your's that your getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I think 6 foot is the highest you can have fencing anyway (correct me if I'm wrong but I think any higher and you need planning permission but I'm not sure).

If you think they might escape from that then building a roof on top will prevent any escape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Would a roof not make it too hot in summer? How old are these Labradors? I leave my dogs inside when I am not there, you could just let dogs stay indoors and it would save a lot of hassle? My friend used to leave her dogs in a pen with kennels inside it when she was at work, last summer one of the dogs decided to lie in the sun all day not realizing he was overheating. It resulting in 2 days in the vets on a drip and a bill of €450! I have also heard of dogs digging under their pens and escaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

You should have a look at the hunting forum. There's a thread there that has photos of dog runs & they look class. They also give a description as to what they used etc.
    Can't link I'm afraid.

Advertisement