Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for the men of AH

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Also I find the condom pinhole and stop taking the pill action fascinating, is this a serious concern amongst men?

I can't imagine any rational woman wanting to force a child upon a partner who doesn't want them, thats just asking for trouble for all involved.
    its not a myth, put it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

bnt wrote: »
    "Someday" can arrive long before you expect it. You don't want children now or in the foreseeable future - but you might want them in the unforeseeable future?

You make it sound crazy, but it sounds perfectly normal in my head. :eek:

This is the kind of input I wanted though, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Also I find the condom pinhole and stop taking the pill action fascinating, is this a serious concern amongst men?

I can't imagine any rational woman wanting to force a child upon a partner who doesn't want them, thats just asking for trouble for all involved.
    B!tchs be crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Oooh that is a tricky one to navigate around. I think it depends on a lot of different factors. Do you want children? Do you want to have children with that woman? What are your ages? (Us ladies have a clock you know ;)). If you definitley want children and you are serious about the woman it needs to be spoken about soon. It doesn't have to be a big serious sit down kind of conversation."Have you any nieces or nephews"? "Really? I think kids are great". That sort of thing.

I know for me I want children. If I was in a serious relationship now I would hope to have them in about two to three years. However I am single so I'll start to panic when I hit 35. If there is no man past that age I will look into other options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Pregnancy by deception? Yes, it happens. One example was reported in the Daily Mail - so it must be true! - and it's a first-hand report from the woman who tried it:
    Because he wouldn’t give me what I wanted, I decided to steal it from him. I resolved to steal his sperm from him in the middle of the night. I thought it was my right, given that he was living with me and I had bought him many, many M&S ready meals.

The ‘theft’ itself was alarmingly easy to carry out. One night, after sex, I took the used condom and, in the privacy of the bathroom, I did what I had to do. Bingo.

I don’t understand why more men aren’t wise to this risk — maybe sex addles their brain. So let me offer a warning to men wishing to avoid any chance of unwanted fatherhood: if a woman disappears to the loo immediately after sex, I suggest you find out exactly what she is up to.
    OK, I'm not buying this particular story in all its detail, but I've heard stories from other men about what happens when the ticking of the biological clock drowns out all other considerations. I'm not going to generalise about how much of a concern it is to men, but it has been known to happen. It's disturbing not only for its immediate implications - pregnancy - but also for what it says about the relationship. The most important decision a couple can take, and it's taken out of the man's hands entirely - he knows nothing and his wishes are irrelevant.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement