Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Visa

Options
  • 27-05-2012 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

New to this website here. I have three exams left to do in August, after that I will have a degree in Accountancy from the University of Ulster. without wanting to follow the chartered accountancy route straight away, im wondering what travel opportunities would be available to me in the US, NY particularly. ive looked on the usit website, and they offer a 1 year visa, but the cost is almost 1500 euro before i book a flight. Just wondering are there any other organisations out there offering something similiar, only cheaper. my aim would be to go america and work for one year. not necessarily in a graduate role, id be more than happy to work in a shop/bar/cafe. can anyone advise me on what steps id have to take to do this? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

**** Moving from USA Travel to USA forum as more suited ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

For that visa you have to work in an area related to what you studied at university.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

There is no "casual work/ travel" visa for the USA the way there is for Australia and some other countries. There is the summer J1, where you can do that, but for the year long one you need to work in your area of study.

Advertisement