Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wimminz on heels

• 27-05-2012 5:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Ladies,

May I give you some advice?

LOOK AFTER YOUR FEET!

Three times tonight I have seen women cut their feet (one quite badly) because their shoes 'were too sore to walk in' .

If they hurt you don't fuppin wear them in the first place, real men don't care what height you are!!

What must your bedsheets be like in the morning after spending all night barefoot on a scummy disco floor?

You spend fortunes on these bacon slicers and then you go home without them, or with just one of them. I have that many single ownerless heels in my house that people nickname me 'Prince Charming'

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Why do you keep the shoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Why do you keep the shoes?
    Because sometimes days, weeks, months, even years later 'Cinderella' will come back seeking her shoe, and look at you like you had two heads if you said you burnt it. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Where To wrote: »
    real men don't care what height you are!!

Pretty shoes don't care what men think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Because sometimes days, weeks, months, even years later 'Cinderella' will come back seeking her shoe, and look at you like you had two heads if you said you burnt it. . .

Why do you burn the shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

High heel sandals can be sexy though. Thats why they put themselves through the pain, to impress us men folk. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

High heel sandals can be sexy though. Thats why they put themselves through the pain, to impress us men folk. :pac:

totally wrong.
    they dressup only to impress they (girl)friends and to look like the hottest of the group.
    They don't care about you, they care about the compliments about their new bag, shoes, dress etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Blackpitts wrote: »

totally wrong.
    they dressup only to impress they (girl)friends and to look like the hottest of the group.
    They don't care about you, they care about the compliments about their new bag, shoes, dress etc..
    No, not true either. I don't care what women think of my clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

Any woman that came to my place a second time usually had the Gardai with her

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

Ladies,

LOOK AFTER YOUR FEET!

Three times tonight I have seen women cut their feet (one quite badly) because their shoes 'were too sore to walk in' .

If they hurt you don't fuppin wear them in the first place, real men don't care what height you are!!

What must your bedsheets be like in the morning after spending all night barefoot on a scummy disco floor?

You spend fortunes on these bacon slicers and then you go home without them, or with just one of them. I have that many single ownerless heels in my house that people nickname me 'Prince Charming'

Thank You.

Ah yeah , I seen something like this on criminal minds, your called a trophy killer that's why you keep the shoes. You target these women because you seen your ma fallin in the Door with dirty feet and a new "uncle" for you every weekend. The media will call you the prince charming killer. I just hope the bau catch you before its too late. Do you have your ma's corpse hidden somewhere, and if so, do you dress it in your victims clothes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

They can do wonders for the arse though, and the legs look much more toned with the muscle stretched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Ficheall wrote: »
    They can do wonders for the arse though, and the legs look much more toned with the muscle stretched.

You sound like a great advertisement for the rack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I have about 10 pairs of gorgeous high heels that I have never worn due to the fact I walk like a baby deer in them. Everytime I get a notion to put them on my boyfriend refuses to leave the house with me:( I am jealous of girls that can wear really pretty shoes.
    Although a tip I have picked up along the way is if you have fallen in love with a pair of shoes and the heel is too high, bring them to a cobbler and get them cut down to s wearable size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Never understood those girls who wear heels they obviously can't walk in! I wear heels purely if i know there's no chance of getting in somewhere without them on, always have flats in my bag for that though! Heels can be really sexy on girls as long as they can walk in them!
    Although having said that i have been known to buy a pair of runners in a smaller size if they don't have mine and i really like them, can't be good for my feet either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

I have about 10 pairs of gorgeous high heels that I have never worn due to the fact I walk like a baby deer in them. Everytime I get a notion to put them on my boyfriend refuses to leave the house with me:( I am jealous of girls that can wear really pretty shoes.
    Although a tip I have picked up along the way is if you have fallen in love with a pair of shoes and the heel is too high, bring them to a cobbler and get them cut down to s wearable size.

So why don't you do that bambi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Its a shame they never really took off for the gents.:D

Heels.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Heels are a short man's worst nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I honestly don't understand it, I am 5 6'' myself and am strictly a flats girl. Firstly I can't walk in them and second they feckin hurt. Went out recently with a few friends one of the girls was wearing heals that would make your eyes water, by the time we were walking to the night club she was in agony, could hardly walk, had to help her walk down the street. I also wonder how many broken bones and such are a result of heels and having a few drinks? Hell the height of some of um, you wouldn't even need a few drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I have a collection of pretty shoes I will only wear if I know that I am not walking any distance- such as going out to dinner. ie: house-> car-> dinner-> pub-> car-> home

Otherwise I wear wedges- they give the height and sexy leg without crippling me and lucky me, theyre all back in style! Woohoo!

( I also have shoes I can't wear at all and I just admire them and put them back in the box.... I should display them or something, I dunno )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

I only wear them in the Bedroom ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I have a collection of pretty shoes I will only wear if I know that I am not walking any distance- such as going out to dinner. ie: house-> car-> dinner-> pub-> car-> home

Otherwise I wear wedges- they give the height and sexy leg without crippling me and lucky me, theyre all back in style! Woohoo!

( I also have shoes I can't wear at all and I just admire them and put them back in the box.... I should display them or something, I dunno )

Mrs Mattjack all over.

Me : whatcha buy 'em for ?

Her : ' cause they look nice

Me : are you able to wear them ?

Her : no ,(some barely audible cursing)

Rinse,repeat ... many times over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

mattjack wrote: »

Mrs Mattjack all over.

Me : whatcha buy 'em for ?

Her : ' cause they look nice

Me : are you able to wear them ?

Her : no ,(some barely inaudible cursing)

Rinse,repeat ... many times over the years.

I know! Even as I buy them I'm thinking- this is stupid, you'll never be able to get out the door in these- yet I can help myself.... It's magpie syndrome!

Although I was once on a cruise holiday where I could wear all the stupid shoes I liked as I didn't have to walk anywhere! I was living the dream that holiday!!

Living the dream.... * sobs quietly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In my Engineering class at university there were several girls, and they also wore heels on nights out. I'm talking about people who were smart and educated with the know-how to calculate exactly why high heels are a bad idea - but they wore them anyway. I could go on about stresses, strains, pressures and bending moments on the ankles, and the way footwear is a science these days - just ask Adidas or Nike - but there's not much of a scientific justification for wearing high heels. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

totally wrong.

And in order to prove you are the hottest you need men to be impressed and give more attention.

i usually wear flats
    if i dont, i bring flats in my bag

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

' Liberated 'women can be seen every day trying to walk around on high heels with great careful steps like with each step a sprained ankle and a few days off work is close also on cold evenings their skirts up near their bums .Endless hours in front of the mirror and frequent visits for fresh war paint and clothes . Liberation ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Pain when they stand on your toes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Sometimes good shoes just need to be broken in. Any time I had to break in a pair of docs, I was in some agony, heels cut to bits, blisters, the works. But once they're broken in they're the most comfy things ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

paddyandy wrote: »
    ' Liberated 'women can be seen every day trying to walk around on high heels with great careful steps like with each step a sprained ankle and a few days off work is close also on cold evenings their skirts up near their bums .Endless hours in front of the mirror and frequent visits for fresh war paint and clothes . Liberation ?????

I guess thats the point of liberation....to wear the things you like that you feel express who you are regardless of other peoples opinions.

As for the guy questioning is educated friends wearing heels...shocking only some dumb blonde should wear heels...sigh :rolleyes:

For what its worth high heels for the win.Always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Temple Bar last night was full of women in those damn high-heel block type shoes that resulted in them walking on the cobblestones as of they were walking on a tightrope.

Seen a lot of girls carrying their shoes - bare feet are hawt.

Especially if they try and put a fag out with 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

Bring flats in my bag, might as well start off with the dream pair and scale down if things get painful. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I love and hate heels with a passion!!!

I'm a demon at the end of the night for not being able to walk in them so rarely wear them out any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I wear heels for two reasons 1) they make my legs and ass look fantastic 2) they make me taller which i love because im basically a midget! :P

i always bring flats with me though because inevitable i will be crippled with the pain of them! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Links234 wrote: »
    Sometimes good shoes just need to be broken in. Any time I had to break in a pair of docs, I was in some agony, heels cut to bits, blisters, the works. But once they're broken in they're the most comfy things ever.

Breaking in new Docs ? Without doubt a form of torture.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wouldn't you destroy the integrity and balance of the shoe by doing that?

In both a physics sense and a fashion sense.

oh but when they're broken in... *GLORIOUS* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

There's a recurring word in this thread I see. . . . . . .Pain.

Nothing is worth self inflicted physical torture and crippling pain.

Or is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 ClosedAccount

Ladies,

LOOK AFTER YOUR FEET!

Thank You.

I think your looking for the fetish forum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

saddle soap
    and you only wear them around the house until they are broken in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've pretty much given up wearing heels. They're always uncomfortable and always rip your feet apart.

However,since giving up on buying high heels, it has been near to impossible to find flat shoes that go with anything. Some things (most things) are made to be worn with heels,and look weird with flats. Besides you standing out as the one girl not dressed up. Unless you're wearing a skirt and heels,you may as well be wearing a burka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Ladies,

LOOK AFTER YOUR FEET!

Thank You.

What other public service announcements should we expect from you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

OP,
    agreeing on the point being made but we arent all like that-have personaly never wore one pair of anything resembling heels beyond the small heel of long & short riding boots/muckers/yard boots/hunter wellies;all used for gripping stirrups.
    have never understood the concept of any other heel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 ClosedAccount

I've pretty much given up wearing heels. They're always uncomfortable and always rip your feet apart.

However,since giving up on buying high heels, it has been near to impossible to find flat shoes that go with anything. Some things (most things) are made to be worn with heels,and look weird with flats. Besides you standing out as the one girl not dressed up. Unless you're wearing a skirt and heels,you may as well be wearing a burka

Sketchers go with everything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

How would that work? The shape of the shoe is made to suit the heel size. If you cut the heel down then the shoe would be unbalanced as the sole of the shoe would hold what's left of the heel up in the air.

apparently there's a small bit of give, judging by stories on google and
    Place your high-heeled shoe on the end of a tabletop so that the heel hangs over the edge.

Lower the heel until the back end of the ball of the foot touches the table. The part of the heel that hangs below the tabletop is removable.

Take your shoes to a reputable shoe repair shop. If you performed Steps 1 and 2 correctly, the cobbler's approximation of how much the heels can be shortened should closely match the table test results.

Tips & Warnings
    Altering heel height changes the structure and balance of the shoe at any length. It is rarely feasible to remove more than one inch from a heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This does not work with high heels though. They will break you in long before you break them in. Also, a lot of high heels will never be comfortable, many of them are just designed really badly. Even the expensive ones.

I have given up on really high heels, used to live in them, but now my poor feet are wrecked and I honestly don't think they are worth the effort/pain any more. Wedges all the way!

This does not work with high heels though. They will break you in long before you break them in. Also, a lot of high heels will never be comfortable, many of them are just designed really badly. Even the expensive ones.

I have given up on really high heels, used to live in them, but now my poor feet are wrecked and I honestly don't think they are worth the effort/pain any more. Wedges all the way!

I did say sometimes :p

I've only got 2 pairs of heels myself, 1 I'm probably never likely to wear, and my other pair, which are these: http://images.instagram.com/media/2011/08/05/bbd0c274946d40e09c013436a1958d93_7.jpg

they did hurt a bit, but they're comfy now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

real men don't care what height you are!!

Because some men do if a girl's real height is very tall or very short!
    I would be interested to know if girls like my bag or shoes or what ever not just to attract a lad. As well as something I like and love I'd wear it if its my kind of style and suits me and is smart/trendy/comfortable too.

I like heels but can't wear them for very long so can't wear them at all, nice to look at but can't wear them. I be lucky enough to wear a kitten heel or medium heel that I could cope with but could still end up with sore feet and a nightmare to walk long distance in, short distance is fine and not standing too long in them. At least you can get a nice shoe/sandal as a kitten/medium heel and nice flats on occasion.

I do be concerned about my height when going out as I am quiet short but even with a heel makes a little difference but not that much a difference when people around me are taller than me. If they close to my height flats don't matter.

I often either wear a kitten/medium heel or flats going out better for me and my feet if going to a few places or walking/standing/dancing a lot in the night.

On a daily basis I am either wearing flats/pumps or trainers/boots with a low heel/flat heel. So you rarely see me in heels unless I am out, its an occasion or a wedding!

My feet are small and narrow which makes it harder to find shoes at all for me and for my foot size to fit into. On top of that I have a low arch so in a way I am better off without wearing too high a heel! Anything more than 3 inches I cannot wear them, 2-3 inches I can get away with for a certain length of time but flats or low/kitten heel for me! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Oh for got to mention about being stepped on with heels, hasn't happened to me yet but the last two nights I went out it happened to one of the girls. One was even bleeding after it and cue serious bruises the morning after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I did say sometimes :p

I've only got 2 pairs of heels myself, 1 I'm probably never likely to wear, and my other pair, which are these: http://images.instagram.com/media/2011/08/05/bbd0c274946d40e09c013436a1958d93_7.jpg

they did hurt a bit, but they're comfy now :)

Have you those on today? Or is that from your archive of photos of your own shoes? Bit hot for closed toe shoes today, no? Those at least have a nice thick rubber sole though. So as not to feel every pebble etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

totally wrong.
    Total bollocks.

Can't understand women who put themselves through such pain either. The front of the shoe is the sorest for me if they're pointy, so I wear the non pointy ones or mid height heels. It doesn't have to be either super high or flat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement