Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.castlevilla.ie

Options
  • 27-05-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

This is a site for our local soccer club which was done f.o.c. by a club member - any comments, observations, recommendations????

Hasn't been updated with results / fixtures news etc. but this will be done on a weekly basis from next week.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Lose the spinning ball.

The grey text is hard to read, make it darker.

Avoid walls of text on the homepage, use shorter snappier bits, linking to pages witht the longer text.

A lot of your images aren't resized to the size which they are displayed at. If you are displaying at 300 x 200 use an image that size instead of using height and width in the img tag for resizing.

Get a contact form.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JD RoX

I like the color choice, but that's about it.
    Facebook button looks awful - should really get a better one, at least, more sharper.
    Why are you using tables? Is there nothing better you could come up with?

And now have a look from a bigger screen - are you happy with it yourself? :)http://d.pr/i/rlRb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Thanks for the feedback guys.

As for why any particular thing was used, I cannot answer lads, the chairmans daughter designed the thing - i just supplied most of the information for her to structure as she saw fit - my knowledge of web design is limited to a few html classes in 1999 in college, and haven't used it at all since.

So obviously, I'm a complete novice when it comes to this, so what are the options other than tables, if you recommend not to use them??

Anything else I should be looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

your Galley for pic you could add in something like Jquery http://nivo.dev7studios.com/

Advertisement