Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

register pb lim

• 27-05-2012 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

just bought a pb lim heifer our first one :)whats the story with lim soietcy i hav to pay an annual fee pay to transfer her in to my herd its that corrrect and how much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

She is in your herd once you have paid for her and got her blue card, that doesn't change just because she is PB. ;)

RE registration. You are presumably putting her incalf? Regardless how soon you do this, it will be 2013 before she calves. So I would leave registering until next year. This will save you the registration fee for this year. There is no real advantage to you being registered for this year with the society as you only need to have your herd registered if you want to register your calves and get PB certs... and you won't have a calf that you bred yourself until 2013.

The heifer you have bought will always be known by the name on her cert. This won't change as you didn't breed her. All her progeny though that you do breed from her will have your herdname prefix ;)

RE Your name (ie John Smith....not your herdname) being on the cert... if you bought her at a commerical mart, the seller probably just handed his cert into the office and you picked it up with your blue card. Don't panic just because it is the sellers name on the cert. If it was an offical sale, the seller would hand his cert in when selling, it would be distroyed and a new cert with your name as owner would be issued to you within a few weeks.

Most societies have an initial registration fee and annual fee there afterwards. You must assign yourself a herdname upon registration. This herdname will be the prefix to all your herd's future progeny. (for example, Millbrook Tanko........ Millbrook=herdname)

Once you have calves, they can be registered. Their is a cost associated for this previlige also :o Usually the society has a different start letter for every year, so you get to pick a name for each of your calves that you are registering that starts with that letter.

As you can see there is a bit to it.;) But you will figure it out as you go.

P.S. Get the number for the society from their website and feel free to give them a buzz at any time. They will explain anything you need clarity on.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Here are the prices from the Limousin webpage;
    http://www.irishlimousin.com/html/society_fees.html

Where did you buy her? Price? Any chance of a pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

dealerman wrote: »
    just bought a pb lim heifer our first one :)whats the story with lim soietcy i hav to pay an annual fee pay to transfer her in to my herd its that corrrect and how much

you need not transfer her till she calves,
    pakalasa wrote: »
    Here are the prices from the Limousin webpage;
    http://www.irishlimousin.com/html/society_fees.html

Where did you buy her? Price? Any chance of a pic?

from the link above it will cost you €132 for everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭dealerman

thanks lads she is calving in end aug so i think might wait and see what the calf is like first cos it will cost 132 now and 80 every year then just for 1 calf maybe should hav bought more of them :)
    buy her at mart 1910 she a good heifer not that musley but very square and good lenght

Advertisement