Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email account query

Options
  • 27-05-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭

We have some old email accounts ...... set up in the dial-up era ...... which were being little used over the years.

Lately there was some trouble with the accounts .... emails sent not reaching their destination; emails not received and so on.

Thunderbird is the email app that is used.
    Emails are downloaded to the PC for viewing.
    Web log in is only used for any admin of the accounts .... and that very rarely.

Recently I logged in to the accounts using a browser and noticed that they were 'clogged up' ...... apparently the storage limit had been exceeded.

The storage limit on these accounts appears to be limited to 5MB

I came across this post from Eircom's Tony
    If you PM me your email address I can have your account moved onto new Webmail which allows 5GB storage space. Still a good idea to delet or save old / large files away from your mail account.
    Tony

I cannot seem to find any information on this subject.

Can someone point me to some information pages which explain what the implications are, and some technical details etc etc?

Apparently our email accounts need to be 'moved' to get somewhat more reasonable storage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

We have some old email accounts ...... set up in the dial-up era ...... which were being little used over the years.

Lately there was some trouble with the accounts .... emails sent not reaching their destination; emails not received and so on.

Thunderbird is the email app that is used.
    Emails are downloaded to the PC for viewing.
    Web log in is only used for any admin of the accounts .... and that very rarely.

Recently I logged in to the accounts using a browser and noticed that they were 'clogged up' ...... apparently the storage limit had been exceeded.

The storage limit on these accounts appears to be limited to 5MB

I came across this post from Eircom's Tony

I cannot seem to find any information on this subject.

Can someone point me to some information pages which explain what the implications are, and some technical details etc etc?

Apparently our email accounts need to be 'moved' to get somewhat more reasonable storage.

Hi Johnboy1951,

Can you PM me with the e-mail address in question. You may just need to be migrated onto the eircom webmail service.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Pm sent Mark ... thank you.

Would it be possible to supply some links to info about this please?
    You may just need to be migrated onto the eircom webmail service.

Could you explain what this means?
    I already access the account/s via webmail, as well as downloading the emails using Thunderbird.

I do not know what the implications of what you propose are ...... nor if I could revert if I am not happy with the change.

I would like to sort this out before any change is made, thank you.

regards

Pm sent Mark ... thank you.

Would it be possible to supply some links to info about this please?

Could you explain what this means?
    I already access the account/s via webmail, as well as downloading the emails using Thunderbird.

I do not know what the implications of what you propose are ...... nor if I could revert if I am not happy with the change.

I would like to sort this out before any change is made, thank you.

regards

Hi Johnboy195,

I got your PM thanks,

The service you outlined:

E-living:

FREE 1GB storage with e/Living: so you can store and back up your precious photos and music, so your data is safe should your PC breakdown or get damaged.

However this service has been discontinued.

I will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

As mentioned previously the account shows 5,120KB total available space ......

As mentioned previously the account shows 5,120KB total available space ......

Hi Johnboy1951,

I have sent a request to migrate your eircom net e-mail address to the webmail platform.

The webmail is a upgraded mail platform which has a lot of additional features compared to the older platform you were on.

See:

http://www.eircom.net/email/signup.jsp

Including a 5GB storage.

However it can take 4-5 weeks for the migration to complete I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Johnboy1951,

I have sent a request to migrate your eircom net e-mail address to the webmail platform.

The webmail is a upgraded mail platform which has a lot of additional features compared to the older platform you were on.

See:

http://www.eircom.net/email/signup.jsp

Including a 5GB storage.

However it can take 4-5 weeks for the migration to complete I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks.

Not a lot of info from that link you gave.

Do you have a link to a comparison page of the old account and the webmail?

Advertisement