Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted burglary on 4 bed duplex

Options
  • 27-05-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Warning to all with a 4 bed duplex of the Park & Grove type. At 8 this morning, a burglar had climbed on a bin, onto the porch roof of the downstairs apt, onto our terrace and then up the roof to the corner window in the extension part (3rd floor). Only that we had extended our master bedroom into that room did we see him coming in the window through the blinds. My wife and I were up in a flash and he disappeared just as quick. .
    Note: make sure you keep those windows closed because that is a security weakness even though it's 3 stories up!
    Gardai were called.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Was that you I saw with the golf club then?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

wardie214 wrote: »
    I saw the Gardaí interviewing someone at the bus stop at about 8:45 who didn't look like he was from the area.

I saw that too, so I ran home to get my pitch fork, flaming torch and posse to make the outsider pay :rolleyes:

How did you make out that they weren't from the area? Were they Aliens or something? 'Cos otherwise it'd be hard to tell

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Everyone should be extra vigilant at the moment. I've installed extra locks on the front door of our place as well as special locks on every window. Anyone who rings my doorbell must identify themselves to a small camera I've rigged up outside.

You just can't be too careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

A friend witnessed this and made a statement to the police. He was called as he may need to testify.
    The guy was picked up the morning of the attempted burglary (with his 'robbin' gloves still on!). He had also hit a house in Delgany.
    He has admitted to the crime and is currently being held in Cloverhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nharrison02

Timothy, what kind of window locks did you get? I would like to get the same ones that are already on some of the windows in Charlesland Park. Not sure what they are like in Ch Grove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Mullie wrote: »
    A friend witnessed this and made a statement to the police. He was called as he may need to testify.
    The guy was picked up the morning of the attempted burglary (with his 'robbin' gloves still on!). He had also hit a house in Delgany.
    He has admitted to the crime and is currently being held in Cloverhill.

Just out of interest, were did you get so much info?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

DD9090 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, were did you get so much info?

From teh firend that made the statement to the police. The police told him when he called down to the station.

Advertisement