Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject selection for leaving c. w/dyslexia

Options
  • 27-05-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone got any advice for subject selection at leaving cert when you are dyslexic? My daughter likes geography but really can't get ordinal survey maps and has decided that she won't take it because of that!! Agricultural science is not offered at her school, so she's selected Chemistry. So far her subject selection is: English, Math, Home Ec, Biology, Business, Chemistry and French. She is looking for subjects that overlap to help with the workload. Business will be new to her as she did not take it for leaving cert. She would love to take history but I have advised her that the breadth of the course is immense and bears no relationship to the junior cert course!! Am I giving bad advice. I'm very worried. She did a good junior cert but a lot of that is rote learning. Constructive comments please!!

Comments

Advertisement