Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question regarding back to education.

• 27-05-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question about back to education. Heres my prediciment. I'm currently living in Galway but the landlord is under the impression that I will be gone after the end of the month as college is finished etc. I've been on the look out for a job in Galway as my experience is with medical devices and there loads of employers around but I've had no luck in even getting a reply in the last 2 months so its looking like I'll have to go back onto Job seekers allowance for the summer.
    Now I dont really want to stay in Galway if I cannot find employment there and I dont have any accommodation sorted for back home and have no proof of address anyway. I'm just wondering when the back to education will stop going into my account and where should I register to sign? Also I've been waiting on a letter from the social welfare that my friends recieved about 2 weeks ago about end of the college year and signing on again.
    I'm not sure what the best course of action would be here, I dont want to pay the landlord for another month if I have to move home in 2 weeks to sign or fingers crossed find a job somewhere.
    Any advice is much appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Ring the social welfare office or go down there thats the only way you will find out for sure, normally btea ends in the final week of college and its up to you to use your initiative and go down to welfare to inform them and reopen your claim

its really up to you as to if you reopen your claim in galway or in your home town but if you do plan on going home immediately after college if finished then do it at home if you plan to stay a few weeks in galway do it in galway simples

Advertisement