Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student travel to united states

Options
  • 27-05-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi , I am travelling to the united states in next few days on a J 1visa. Last night I signed my ds2019form in black ink instead of blue. Will this cause me any difficulties at immigration . I am travelling via London so I won't clear immigration until I land in the U.S. I know a stupid thing to do. Help please !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Your problems don't end there, you posted this in the completely wrong place. The test forum is for testing stuff on Boards.ie.

I've moved this to the appropriate forum.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 6 An old dog

Thanks Danny

Thanks Danny in a bit of a panic. Where is he appropriate forum. First time using boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I can't see them making much of a big deal about it tbh, what were you signing it for though? Must we sign it before we leave or something, I'm heading over on Tuesday!

Yes supposed to sign it , bottom line. In blue. Suggest you read instructions we got in email. Not like me. Remember to use blue ink ! I am worried you know what U S Immigration can be like !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Ok thanks, don't worry about it though, they shouldnt make such a big deal over something so small, where are you heading to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

An old dog wrote: »
    Thanks Danny in a bit of a panic. Where is he appropriate forum. First time using boards

You're very welcome. The appropriate forum is where I've moved this thread to and you're viewing it right now - it's the USA & Canada Travel forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Actually, J1 questions go to the USA forum, not the US Travel forum, as it involved a longer-term visa. Moving again, sorry OP! ***

I doubt you will have an issue. The main reason they request the blue is so they can tell it is an original signature and not a photocopy.

Advertisement