Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portmarnock Riot Video

• 27-05-2012 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The country has gone mad this weekend.

The trouble around Killiney and Sandycove was appalling as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Chucking out time at Tomangoes?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Can you explain what happened .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

feeney92 wrote: »
    Was shown this video today, Frankly I think it is a disgrace. Just shows immature we are as people. we cant even have a little bit of sun without yobs causing trouble. watch the video and see what you think
    What's this 'we' business. What I saw was a bunch of teenage knackers. Also, I don't imagine most of them even being from the area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just dubliners being dubliners, nothing to see here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there was a similar riot a few years ago in blackrock one friday night between lads from blackrock college and a rival school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The country has gone mad this weekend.

The trouble around Killiney and Sandycove was appalling as well.

I wouldnt mind but its inner city "tourists" that are causing all the hassle. The Sandycove incident were involving a person from Crumlin and people from the east wall. In Killiney you get train loads of skangers coming out and destroying the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Any crowd of people from anywhere in the world has the mental age of a five year old.

Also can we not just set up death camps? Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

What was the garda doing at the 1min mark, he mace himself or get hit with something?

I think a real life Battle Royale would be appropriate

Are you mad? Giving them youths weapons? no sir, just march them into a nice "communal shower" and lock the door.

Abi wrote: »
    What's this 'we' business. What I saw was a bunch of teenage knackers. Also, I don't imagine most of them even being from the area.

if you look closly there are adults in the video aswell, it is 90% teenage yobs though. its such an embaressing video. I heard somebody comment on the bus the other day that its ridiculous that in other european countries such as germany that drinking in public is allowed and not in Ireland. well heres why eh?
    Scum does come in adult form too, I'll agree. However it doesn't mean we all don't know how to conduct ourselves in public.

Scum can be found in any country to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

What happened in London last Summer was a riot...this just looked like a bunch of noisy teenagers.

That being said, it wasn't the clearest video in the world. Perhaps there's more to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Scum does come in adult form too, I'll agree. However it doesn't mean we all don't know how to conduct ourselves in public.

This is true. But people do change when they are with a group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

The cameraman starts focusing on a young lady's arse at 2:45. At least he has his priorities in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I'm from Portmarnock and every bleedin sunny day we get = a shedload of scummy locked teenagers .Portmarnocks a fairly small place so it just feels run over with people comin in from the city with crates of drink dressed up as Rihanna who should put their cellulite away....not surprised tbh.
    Glad I live on the other side of the world and I can now go to the beach without it bein runover with scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

I've lived in a few countries before and what I've seen here (Dublin) is absolutely shocking for an average European from the continent.
    No one tells you that straight though. Let's all smile, be nice and pretend it's a beautiful place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Lol @ "Riot"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

just dubliners being dubliners, nothing to see here

Ah here now, fúck sake.

Knackers love being on the beach. Can't get enough of it.

Courtown is like Woodstock for them.

Knackers love being on the beach. Can't get enough of it.

Courtown is like Woodstock for them.

Ballymun in the sun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Looks like like maker of the video is more interested in a bit of arse and upskirts that a 'riot'.

Old Tom wrote: »
    I've lived in a few countries before and what I've seen here (Dublin) is absolutely shocking for an average European from the continent.
    No one tells you that straight though. Let's all smile, be nice and pretend it's a beautiful place :)
    That's perfectly fine, just so long as I'm not labelled in this 'we' Irish are all scumbags business. I can't say I've ever been involved in any kind of a riot, sun or no sun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Looks like like maker of the video is more interested in a bit of arse and upskirts that a 'riot'.

Fine arse though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Ah Dublin, how I missed you!

Actually....no.

Jaaaaaaaaayziz Gaaaaaarda!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The current 'Worship of Youth' and Television Syndrome that is a Cancerous Rumour in the Mind of Ireland .Never saw that years ago .Shinners are watching very forensically every move on this sort of volatile occasion . They may even start it they are a sly bunch .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That was just a bunch of teens milling around.

And some lovely bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

SCUM OF THE EARTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

paddyandy wrote: »
    The current 'Worship of Youth' and Television Syndrome that is a Cancerous Rumour in the Mind of Ireland .Never saw that years ago .Shinners are watching very forensically every move on this sort of volatile occasion . They may even start it they are a sly bunch .

That you Willie?

Typical is'nt it making light of a situation that could destroy someones life entirely .

Huffing glue again, man?

• Advertisement

That you Willie?

Osiris don't blow my covert willie ya ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Brighton it ain't.

Huffing glue again, man?

i' huff an' i' huff an' i'll blow yur mouse down .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Sweet ass at 2:48

The Shinners are here alright nuttin' like a bitta' provocation to bring the feckers out into view .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The beach is a disaster of a place on a Sunny day.

People say how lucky you are to live so near to a beach, but on days when you want to use it you can't because it gets mopped by scummers from all around Dublin (well a large number anyway).

On a day like today, people from Portmarnock avoid the beach like the plague :D:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Looks more like the garda trying to free up some space at an overcrowded bus stop/ roadside. Teenagers being teenagers shouting scum at garda.Its been happening as long as I remember.
    A few mouthy teenagerss does not a riot make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I think we have found a winner to the worst city in Ireland thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Has the Dublin forum closed down??

No problems years ago like this .A stick talked a language that we all understood .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

How does that get classified as a riot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Worst. Riot. Ever.

Not one Celtic jersey in sight.

Young people have no sense of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Is the camerman some kind of horny dwarf wearing a helemt cam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

No problems years ago like this .A stick talked a language that we all understood .

A language that we all now understand to be backwards.

I wish you'd talk in a language we all understood.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement