Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloran's pub at Carrowmoreknock

Options
  • 27-05-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Does anyone know when this pub is open? It looks like a nice spot, but when I was there yesterday - a Saturday afternoon during a heatwave - it was closed, which surprised me since there were tables outside and it would have been a lovely place for a pint after swimming in the lake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Did you try to actually push the door? It can look closed, when not.
    It normally opens from late afternoon. A lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Yes, I turned the handle and pushed the door. Maybe it was too early in the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Where at where? Had to double-check was I in the Galway Forum?!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Near Roscahill and Moycullen, beside the lake. I figured locals who could answer my question would know where it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galwayboss

Its area the bar is in is known locally as Collinamuck where the pub is on the shores of the corrib, lovely little bar real step back in time i'd say if you just just knocked on the door Peig would come out to you if she was there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

In fairness have heard of Coilinamuck but didn't have a clue of Carrowmore. Useta have a couple of Customers from over that way. Few trips out that side may be nice if we get a bit more of this nice weather. :)

PS: GalwayBoss class name! :D (Maybe ya should have put LikeAGalwayBoss!! ;):) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shadylady66

padraig71 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this pub is open? It looks like a nice spot, but when I was there yesterday - a Saturday afternoon during a heatwave - it was closed, which surprised me since there were tables outside and it would have been a lovely place for a pint after swimming in the lake.

it's been some time since you asked the question but it caught my eye because of the current interest in the 'Carrowmoreknock Logboat' . It should attract some visitors to the pub. The pub is licensed to
    'Margaret O'Halloran',Carrowmoreknock, Rosscahill, Co., Galway by Revenue.ie.
    The pub usually opens in the evening unless there is a special event.
    Both the school, church and the former post-office are in Carrowmoreknock. I wouldn't inquire too closely as to the reason as the issue has caused much bad feeling particularly to Carrowmoreknockers who resented being told that they lived in 'Collinamuck'. There were even two angling associations at one point. I hope you manage to find the door open one day!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

it's been some time since you asked the question but it caught my eye because of the current interest in the 'Carrowmoreknock Logboat' . It should attract some visitors to the pub. The pub is licensed to
    'Margaret O'Halloran',Carrowmoreknock, Rosscahill, Co., Galway by Revenue.ie.
    The pub usually opens in the evening unless there is a special event.
    Both the school, church and the former post-office are in Carrowmoreknock. I wouldn't inquire too closely as to the reason as the issue has caused much bad feeling particularly to Carrowmoreknockers who resented being told that they lived in 'Collinamuck'. There were even two angling associations at one point. I hope you manage to find the door open one day!:)

The pub is called "Peig's" locally and the area is called Collinamuck (Pier of the Pigs I think) even though I did see the signs were changed to Carrowmoreknock recently. It's a great little pub, has come on a lot in recent years but is still a step back in time.

Advertisement