Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hair straightener to get??

Options
  • 27-05-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

My trusty ghd just broke on me! I've had it years so have no idea what one to replace it with! Should I just get the same one again? Or are there better ones out there now? I do think its worth investing in as it will hopefully last years too and I have long hair so need to take care of it (Although dont want to spend more than €150 on it really!)

Would really appreciate some advice!

:-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

GHD all the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Thanks for your quick reply! I used to always have just the normal original one, are there any specific types of ghd you'd recommend??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

augusta24 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My trusty ghd just broke on me! I've had it years so have no idea what one to replace it with! Should I just get the same one again? Or are there better ones out there now? I do think its worth investing in as it will hopefully last years too and I have long hair so need to take care of it (Although dont want to spend more than €150 on it really!)

Would really appreciate some advice!

:-)

My ghd broke just before Xmas and replaced it with the big ghd I think it is fab I didn't have time to do any
    Research as a straighners is an necessity for me and needed one as ASAP, about a month afterwards I was in the salon suppliers (who sell ghds) they were raving on about these ones
    http://savers.ie/platform-34inch-flat-iron-black-p-2437.html
    I always swore by my parlux hairdrier but recently my hairdresser friend was replacing hers and the same shop
    recommended A brand called ETI
    (it is slightly cheaper than parlux) and she has told me she finds it better!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Sedu is the business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Remington are decent for their price... but for me I had to use the highest setting (I have long, thick, curly hair). They are good as an interim (or if don't want to spend too much).

GHDs are superior IMO. They don't snag the hair as most do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Millem wrote: »

My ghd broke just before Xmas and replaced it with the big ghd I think it is fab I didn't have time to do any
    Research as a straighners is an necessity for me and needed one as ASAP, about a month afterwards I was in the salon suppliers (who sell ghds) they were raving on about these ones
    http://savers.ie/platform-34inch-flat-iron-black-p-2437.html
    I always swore by my parlux hairdrier but recently my hairdresser friend was replacing hers and the same shop
    recommended A brand called ETI
    (it is slightly cheaper than parlux) and she has told me she finds it better!

Forgot to add cloud nine have straightners that are meant to be very good they make "the o" curlers but I think they are even
    more expensive than ghds! Noel Higgins in Blackrock used to sell them about a year ago don't know if he still does! If you do go with ghds I think peter marks are doing a deal for the large ones for €120 (same price as normal sized ones!) at the mo, if deal is over the large ones are €135 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Blow me, I was just about to post a reply and just noticed that the brand I use is advertised here on the right! I just love my very Ulatralight Prof. Ionic hair dryer and for a styling iron I currently have the G3 Salon Pro but having read the specs for the Karmin Salon Series I think I might seriously look at giving my granddaughter my current G3 and upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Steampod. Best investment I ever made. I could not live without it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement