Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many pints are in a "feed of pints"?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I'd say about three fiddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

a few pints 2-4
    a locha pints 5-8
    a feed of pints 8-11
    a "raft" of pints 11 to oblivion

a raft of pints is saved for occasions like weddings or winning the championship with the club

"were ya out last night lad?"
    .... "was I out??!! sure we won the junior yesterday, jeasus we had a fkn raft of pints after, im dying, cmon sure we will have the breakfast anyway"

thats the breakdown in Cavan anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

When my wife asks me as how much I plan to drink, I start crying and say "till I love you again" and the run out of the room.

This usually buys me a few days peace and quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Depends on how thirsty you are.

More than a skinful, but a lot less than a metric shítload of pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

I can never remember should be your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

6 and over

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭liamhana

There's a few things that need to be right for a feed of pints;
    1. The venue - one pub only, proper old style pub, no fancy food, not background music, waiter service or staff in uniforms. No beer garden. Dark, dank and dingy.
    2. Food - nothing till at least 10 & then nothing that requires leaving the pub so crisps, toasted sambo or if your lucky the pub will send around a few baskets of deep fried stuff. Gorge on it.
    3. Timing - You'd want to be starting around 4, anything earlier than that requires a dinner of some kind & rule 2 rules that out.
    4. Rounds - decent number of people are required to buy rounds. I'd say 5-8. All on the black stuff, although its acceptable to have one or two young lads on cider or bottles for entertainments sake.
    5 - Topics - 'state of yer wan', 'd'ya remember back in 198...' 'me hole' 'your ma' 'double or quits'
    6 - No doing the absolute dog on it - triple voddies/shots/ etc are all off the table
    7. nightclubs etc no go.
    8. Respectable end to the night - anything in or about midnight, a slow 'right lads, sure I'll call it an evening' - a nonchalant ordinary, everyday feel to it.

Now...anyone coming for a few scoops?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'll go. Not pregnant any more so dying for a feed of drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Roughly around 35 pints.

Sometimes I go a bit mad and have 2 feeds of pints though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

CageWager wrote: »
    Half your age plus 7

I once used this rule for determining the age at which it's allowed to go out with a girl. However, I forgot to add the 7, so needless to say I'm now locked up in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

a few pints 2-4
    a locha pints 5-8
    a feed of pints 8-11
    a "raft" of pints 11 to oblivion

a raft of pints is saved for occasions like weddings or winning the championship with the club

"were ya out last night lad?"
    .... "was I out??!! sure we won the junior yesterday, jeasus we had a fkn raft of pints after, im dying, cmon sure we will have the breakfast anyway..you're payin' yeah?"

thats the breakdown in Cavan anyway

The bolded addition above is the real breakdown in Cavan.

Advertisement