Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Draft Picks Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Round 10:

Víctor Valdés, Spain

Victor-Valdes-Tattoos-for-2011.jpg

Yeah, will do job. Unlucky to be of the same nationality as one of the finest goalkeepers to ever walk the earth. He's won it all at club level and will be more than able to play well behind this back four.

Round 11:

Andriy Shevchenko, Ukraine

article-0-053E084B000005DC-881_468x296.jpg

In his day he would have been drafted in the top few picks. Now at the ripe old age of 35, he is just about draftable. That said, this is being judged on CURRENT ability, and there are few things more current than Shevchenko ripping it up against Sweden or causing problems for France as I type this. His game will suit my lineup perfectly. He has great movement and technique, and will link up smoothly with my three attacking midfielders. Delighted to finish things off with him.

Team:

Valdes

Arbeloa---Barzagli--Agger
    Cole

Khedira

Rosicky

Ronaldo
    Hagi
    Bale

Shevchenko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rui Patrício

Will do write up in the morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

To complete my team I'm going with Croatian left back Ivan Strinic. He was pretty solid up against Maggio yesterday and has a decent cross on him, he's also fairly tall which is important because a lot of my players are pretty small.

Ivan-Strinic_2770156.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Final pick is Sergei Ignashevich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

My Last pick is Patrice Evra

Need a left back to finish off the team and even though he hasn't had the best season (Last round pick) he is still in my opinion a decent left back and very dangerous going forward.

146170733_689821g2.jpg

abCPOzeak4.jpg
    Make your football formation with this11.com

Broken lines are attacking movement and unbroken lines are defensive movement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My final pick is an absolute gem in my opinion, although he is unlikely to see a minute of action at Euro 2012 bar an injury, İlkay Gündoğan is a terrific young all-around midfielder.

PA-11839041.jpg

A key member of the title winning Borussia Dortmund side who have laid seige on the hearts of Boards.ie members (and others I guess) this season, Gündoğan operates in the engine room of the side working box to box with guile, but he is no soft boy, he is Turkish, so he knows how to **** **** up. At only 21 years of age he might be seen as a bit of a gamble, but with the experience of Xabi Alonso beside him in my midfield, he should be in his element.

My completed team:
    abCPQRQaiO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Tim_Krul_penalty.jpg

To complete my team : Tim Krul

IMO 1 of the top 3 keepers in ther Prem last season, he has real quality.
    It really should be between this man and Vorm for the Dutch keeping position never mind Stekelenburg.

I pick was between Tim or another man, but considering the other guy has been injured for a while I decided to stick with Tim.

Delighted with this pick and my team in general!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Stipe Pletikosa

1088.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

As a proxy for Blatter I pick Wojciech Szczesny.

Wojciech-Szczesny-006.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have to pick Simon Poulsen here. He has been very impressive so far in the Euros.

poucrop_2670120.jpg

scaled.php?server=685&filename=eurodraft.png&res=landing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

a667cf155dfcbb4d1da93d2ee4b0cd46-getty-511742643.jpg

Russia may have exited Euro 2012 early, but Vyacheslav Malafeev wasn't to blame for this. Having been Zenits first choice goalkeeper for many years, and now Russia's, he's a great shot stopper and also very quick off his line and vocal to his defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Sorry about the delay folks. Seeing as this is based on form I have to ignore a keeper who before last season was undoubtedly one of the best in the world.

In that case I pick Steve Mandanda

Pic later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

a solid defender that will slot into lb for me

Michal Kadlec

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cant post a pic atm and tbh ill be lucky if i can post at all but...

Vedran Corluka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cruyff: I'd play Kuyt at right-back for Netherlands

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/07/3154929/cruyff-id-play-kuyt-at-right-back-for-netherlands

<3 Dirk, it's hard to resist the option to hornswaggle him into my team however...

I am picking Theodor Gebre Selassie.

TheodorGebreSelassie_Mom06152012AI80.jpg

wrote:
    The Czech Republic’s right back, Theodor Gebre Selassie, had another great day and should draw looks from teams in bigger leagues. The 25-year-old from Slovan Liberec in the Czech Republic had four instances in the first hour where he blew down the right flank and got crosses into the penalty area. He also played well in his own end. Who knows if this is a regular thing for him, but I’d love to find out. If it is, there are few clubs in the world he wouldn’t help, if only as an option coming off the bench.

Yes, he may seem a flavour of the fortnight pick to some however I have long followed his career from Vysočina Jihlava through to Velké Meziříčí, Slavia Prague and Slovan Liberec.

A former youth long distance marathon runner, he is showing plenty invention, grit and heart and I know he will be a name we will be hearing more about in years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Posting from my phone but my next pick is Michael Krohn zDelhi from Denmark

Advertisement