Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We should form a boards group

• 27-05-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

There's power in numbers, am I right?
    I have been thinking (shut up :P), with the likes of this referendum coming up. If we all voted together we could have a real impact.
    We could elect a few of the good ones to the board, they would read over the finer details of these bills. Then lets say they decided we were to vote yes on this, we would all vote yes. We could have 100s of thousands of people possibly and would have the control again.
    Over time we could use our vote to get things we wanted brought in to our law, legalise cannabis, prostitution, no more suspended sentences for scumbags with lots of previous convictions, bring back chain gangs and public punishments, medicinal use of mdma and removal of that USC.

What do we think!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Yes, because everyone on boards will randomly agree on something on the basis of being on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

An army too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Yes, because everyone on boards will randomly agree on something on the basis of being on boards.
    If we want the power people will just have to get over themselves and do it. It won't work if we don't all trust each other.
    Even if you fell that you oppose the leaders stance on something if you just follow it will work out for the best. After making an impact we can get everything we want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Pushtrak wrote: »

You're wrong! of course we all agree. we are from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

You could organise it all on your iPhone 4S TeddyTedson :cool:

• Advertisement

What sort of power does the person voting against how they'd want have? I don't see such a person as having any power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

HAHAHA!
    Might as well stick with the devil we know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm only backing it if we invade the falklands too.

You could organise it all on your iPhone 4S TeddyTedson :cool:
    unfortunately that's now MIA :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

unfortunately that's now MIA :mad:

That's what happens when your phone is also sweet lewt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

If we took over all the smaller island nations, we could eventually use increasing scale to take over the world. I say we do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Falklands is too far and we have no boats. I vote for the isle of man. We can get the ferry home if it doesn't work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Sounds good. The mods of the forums running polls on particular issues to gauge users opinions and then chosen representatives on any particular topic acting as spokesperson to take it to the masses.

RichieC wrote: »
    That's what happens when your phone is also sweet lewt.
    What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Who is leader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

I'm in Teddy!

Can you get on with it? There's a thread on here advocating that we have our kids micro-chipped, we could start there!!

I have very limited success with technology and even less with the kids, could you imagine if someone brought the two together:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Infect is what we do. We have the US and its only a matter of time before Australia will fall to our might.

Can we sink some Spanish trawlers?

Over here stealing our fish and seducing our wimmins :mad:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Who is leader?
    Highly respected boardies, like DeVore, AMP, Makikomai (might have spelled that wrong) Biggins, Degsy, Dudess, Sarky, Cyberwolf, Abi, myself:p (joke) and many more. They will take turns of being king boardsie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I call president

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 ClosedAccount

I nominate that guy ClosedAccount to be leader, heard hes sound

Highly respected boardies, like DeVore, AMP, Makikomai (might have spelled that wrong) Biggins, Degsy, Dudess, Sarky, Cyberwolf, Abi, myself:p (joke) and many more. They will take turns of being king boardsie.

You've nominated Dubs, Corkonians, nordies and everyone else

You've started a civil war!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I withdraw my support. I wont be a party to anything involving that lot being in charge of anything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I nominate that guy ClosedAccount to be leader, heard hes sound

Pfft you'd have to at least double your post count before you can at least be put into consideration newbie :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'm in - I'm an individual - tell me what to vote!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

...and we'll get the lads and ladies in the junior cert thread to cast our votes for us. I'll be signing on on polling day and have work afterwards.

I call God Emperor (or failing that Minister of Finance).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 ClosedAccount

Highly respected boardies, like ClosedAccount, DeVore, AMP, Makikomai (might have spelled that wrong) Biggins, Degsy, Dudess, Sarky, Cyberwolf, Abi, myself:p (joke) and many more. They will take turns of being king boardsie.

I couldn't agree more.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well, I've given this proposal the consideration it deserves and...

Yes, I'm in. *rabble rabble*

Will we have pitchforks and stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I think meetings might end up being too much like Springfield Town-Hall meetings, and half the attendees would be swayed into taking immediate action by a catchy anti-single mothers song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

We could elect a few of the good ones to the board, they would read over the finer details of these bills. Then lets say they decided we were to vote yes on this, we would all vote yes.

What do we think!?

You are suggesting we just agree with what a few people decide, we lose the right to vote for what we want.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Did he say 100's of thousands? Probably max 3000 people would go with it.

Samich wrote: »
    Did he say 100's of thousands? Probably max 3000 people would go with it.

He definitely said we should all agree with what a few people decide whether we agree or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Down with airplanes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I will lead you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Then lets say they decided we were to vote yes on this, we would all vote yes.

No, problem? :P

I will lead you.

To Anfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

hondasam wrote: »
    To Anfield?

To the promise land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Abortions for some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I agree as long as I get me death camp for scummers, we could rival austwitz for the biggest pile of second hand shoes in europe :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I have contacts in New York whom we can source weapons from.

Truly it will take an inspirational leader to hold this motley crew of would-be revolutionaries together. You have my sincere best-wishes Teddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

It won't end well.
    “The slave begins by demanding justice and ends by wanting to wear a crown.”
    Albert Camus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

That slave did pretty well for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

To the promise land.

yeah like Kenny Dalglish did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Seems fairly straightforward http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/houses_of_the_oireachtas/registering_a_political_party.html
    To be registered, your party has to satisfy the Registrar that:

>It is organised to contest elections
    >It does not have less than 300 recorded members aged 18 or over. A party that applies for registration as a party organised to contest elections in part of the State, local elections or elections to Údarás na Gaeltachta only needs 100 recorded members aged 18 or over and at least least half of the party's recorded members are on the Register of Electors.
    >In addition, the party must have a constitution, a memorandum or another document or set of rules that have been adopted by the party and that provide for:

>>An annual or other periodic meeting or conference of the party
    >>An executive committee or similar body elected by the party, which administers the business of the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

To the promise land.
    Same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I think meetings might end up being too much like Springfield Town-Hall meetings, and half the attendees would be swayed into taking immediate action by a catchy anti-single mothers song.
    What we really really need though, is a monorail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

We should form a boards group

Teddy, on a site where most can't agree on the colour of shyte, I think you are being way too ambitious.

Advertisement