Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

• 27-05-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42 Scarlett Scout

I rang my SUSI at the beginning of the month to ask about the student grant, they told me it would be up the middle of this month. My guidance counsellor told us it should be up by now:confused:
    Anyone else know more info. or when it was up last year?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It wasn't up last year, this year is the first year of it. Should be up soon I'd say, and there's no rush! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

It should be up tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting SUSI.

Details of this year’s Student Grant Scheme are expected to be published by the Department of Education and Skills on the 11th of June and the SUSI online application system will be available from that date. The online application facility will be available through www.studentfinance.ie.

As soon as the online application system opens for the 2012/13 academic year, currently scheduled for the 11th of June, applicants will be able to register online with SUSI and then complete the online application form.

I hope this information helps, should you require any further details please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Danielle

^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Nothing to worry about at the moment should concentrate on your Leaving Cert, last year the orginal deadline for applications was August 31st then my county council extended it until December 31st :eek:. There is plenty of time to get it done, just put the head down the get though the leaving.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

sooo.... june 11th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

AnnaKin wrote: »
    sooo.... june 11th?
    Looks like it ! Atleast there will be less hastle going on it everyday to see is it up, 11th of June it is then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Anyone know, what specifically they look for Documentation wise?

Anyone know, what specifically they look for Documentation wise?

watch this video they have put up , it explains what you need and have to do
    http://vimeo.com/41277495

steve2012 wrote: »
    watch this video they have put up , it explains what you need and have to do
    http://vimeo.com/41277495

Cheers for that :D

A lot of information here http://www.louthcoco.ie/en/Services/Higher-Education-Grants/ on the links the doc has the most what you need really but here is most of it I think......

Basically,
    For Appilcant - Birth Certificate for applicant
    - Evidence of Residence in State for 3 out of last 5 years
    - CAO Acceptance for new applicants
    - Previous years exam results for applicants who have previous years studied
    Income Details Needed:
    PAYE Workers- P21 (Balance statement obtained from Revenue)
    - P60 for all employments on P21
    - P45 if applicable for employment on P21
    Social Welfare Payments - Social Welfare Statement
    Self Employed - Notice of Assessment (Balance Statement obtained from Revenue
    - Full set of Accounts (Jan-Dec) (Trading Profit & Loss, Capital Account & Balance Sheet)
    - Adjusted Profit/Loss Computation (this is required when amount on Notice of Assessment and accounts don’t correspond)
    - P35 listings (if business has employees)
    But there is an extended list (all of which will not apply):
    · Birth Certificate
    · Evidence of nationality
    · Documentry evidence if you have siblings in college also
    · Course acceptance
    · Income
      • P60 for each employment which you held/parents at the end of the 2011 tax year and which you get from your employer(s);
      • P21 PAYE Balancing Statement for 2011
      • P45 if you/parents ceased employment in 2011
      • Payslips for the candidate’s earnings from holiday employment outside of term time in 2011
      • Income earned in a previous tax year:
        • a letter from the employer stating the amount earned in 2010 which was paid in 2011 and was included in the P60/P45 for 2011. The letter must also state any amount earned in 2011 which was not paid in 2011 but was carried over to be paid in 2012.
      o Non-recurring overtime payments:
      § a letter from the employer stating the overtime will not recur in the current tax year. It will also be necessary to provide a P60 for both the 2011 and 2010 tax years. Where overtime has been disregarded as reckonable income, all such cases will be re-assessed in the following academic year.
      o Foreign income:
      § We need documentary evidence for the tax year, 1 January 2011 to 31 December 2011.
      · If social welfare then:
        • a statement from the Department of Social Protection which has the following information:
          • the name of the person getting the payment,
          • the type of payment,
          • the amount the person got in 2011,
          • whether the payment included a Qualified Adult Allowance and if so, the amount,
          • whether the payment included a Child Dependent Increase and if so, for how many children and the amount for each child,
          • the date the payments started,
          • the date the payments stopped (if applicable).
        o If you are in receipt of a social welfare payment from outside Ireland, you will need to send us the above details from the relevant authority
        · Payments from other government departments or state agencies, such as, the Health Service Executive (HSE), FÁS, or a local authority
          • a statement from each government department or state agency with the following information:
            • the name of the person getting the payment,
            • the type of payment,
            • the amount the person got in 2011,
            • the date the payments started,
            • the date the payments stopped, (if applicable).
          · For self-employed:
            • Copy of accounts (that is, trading account, profit and loss account, capital account and balance sheet) for each business for the year ending between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011. The accounts extracts pages from your Return of Income do not satisfy this accounts requirement;
            o Adjusted Profit Computation for income tax for the 2011 tax year;
            o Notice of Assessment for 2011 or its foreign equivalent;
            o If it applies to you, a current letter from the Revenue Commissioners exempting you from filing tax returns or equivalent from another state;
            o If the accounts contain a wage or remuneration expense, you must give us the detailed breakdown mentioned above under wages and remuneration adjustment.

· Rental or other income from land property
            o Copy of accounts (that is, trading account, profit and loss account, capital account and balance sheet) or statement of rental income for the year ended 31 December 2011. The accounts extracts pages from your Return of Income do not satisfy this accounts requirement;
            o Adjusted Profit Computation for income tax for 2011;
            o Notice of Assessment for 2011 or its foreign equivalent;
            o If it applies to you, a current letter from the Revenue Commissioners exempting you from filing tax returns or equivalent from another state;
            o If the accounts contain a wage or remuneration expense, you must give us the detailed breakdown mentioned in these guidance notes at Section F, F4 ‘Self Employment and Farming, Wages and remuneration adjustment’.

· Details of proprietary directorships and shareholdings
            o the registered name of the company;
            o the registered number of the company;
            o the percentage of voting rights that you control.

· Income from pensions other than the Social Welfare State Pension
            o a letter from your employer(s) or the body/bodies administering your pension;
            o P60(s) confirming the gross amount you received in 2011;
            o P21 PAYE Balancing Statement or Notice of Assessment for 2011.

· Income from savings, deposit accounts and investments
            o Statements of the interest/dividends paid from the financial institution or other provider, for example, bank, building society, post office or credit union, and so on, covering the period 1January 2011 to 31 December 2011;
            o P21 PAYE Balancing Statement or Notice of Assessment for 2011.

· Income from maintenance arrangements
            o Maintenance agreement stating the amount of maintenance you receive each month;
            o P21 PAYE Balancing Statement or Notice of Assessment for 2011;
            o Evidence of maintenance payments as well as evidence of any bills, mortgages, rent, tuition or any other such payments made as part of the maintenance arrangement.

· Lump sum payments from retirement and redundancy
            o a letter from your employer or the body administering your pension stating:
            § your date of retirement;
            § the gross amount of your lump sum
            § the number of years of pensionable service or the number of years of contributions;
            § your gross annual pension.
            o a letter from your employer stating:
            § the date you ceased employment or became redundant;
            § the gross amount of your lump sum;
            § the number of years of service with your employer.

There are a couple more things but they are all explained in the guidance notes available in the link above even though they are for last year the only thing that should change are the dates in it.

• Advertisement

ok that didnt quite work :eek: :confused: but I attached it as a word document, easier on the eyes......;) :D

@steve2012 and @RobertHopkins I come on to this and it is Meath peeps helping Meath peeps :P (I am from Meath too!!!)

ok that didnt quite work :eek: :confused: but I attached it as a word document, easier on the eyes......;) :D

@steve2012 and @RobertHopkins I come on to this and it is Meath peeps helping Meath peeps :P (I am from Meath too!!!)

ha ,ah sure the royals stick together !

Haha didnt actually notice that one - good thing i suppose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Just noticed this thread in the Student Finances forum which should have all the information you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Haha didnt actually notice that one - good thing i suppose :D
            Mon the Roayals! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

Does anybody know what the income limits are? I need to know whether I'm entitled to a grant or nor before July 1st as it will affect whether I move away from home or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

Does anyone knows what is the closing date of this program ? I've applied already but i'm going away for 3-4 weeks, so I'm afraid that i might be asked to send back documentation and i won't be here to do so ... By what date should the documents be sent back to them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

If you accept a place outside of Ireland, are you eligible for a grant?

Iony94 wrote: »
            Does anyone knows what is the closing date of this program ? I've applied already but i'm going away for 3-4 weeks, so I'm afraid that i might be asked to send back documentation and i won't be here to do so ... By what date should the documents be sent back to them ?

I haven't seen anything on it this year, but before now it was usually by the end of August. Keep an eye on the studentfinance.ie page, it has the application forms there so it should put up a closing date at some stage.
            CTYIgirl wrote: »
            If you accept a place outside of Ireland, are you eligible for a grant?

From the first page about the maintenance grant here: "Support is available to eligible students in most colleges in Ireland as well as eligible Irish students in many colleges in Northern Ireland, the UK and other EU States." You could give them a ring and check if there are any different procedures for colleges outside Ireland.

• Advertisement

Guys,

Any ideas when we should hear back from SUSI RE: New Applications? - i applied when it opened like 2/3 weeks ago, but have heard nothing :(

Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

I just rang SUSI and asked do I have to send the documents if my sister has already sent them. They said that I have to. What about the documents that I can't get twice?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What documents can you not get copies of?

Guys,

Any ideas when we should hear back from SUSI RE: New Applications? - i applied when it opened like 2/3 weeks ago, but have heard nothing :(

Anybody else?

Same as me, the fact they were so slow to open the system probably means they'll be slow in getting through the applications too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Does anyone know when the deadline for completeing this is?
            I'm still confused as to what I actually have to do and haven't made a start.

biohaiid wrote: »
            Does anyone know when the deadline for completeing this is?
            I'm still confused as to what I actually have to do and haven't made a start.

Its usually August, but I haven't seen a date published yet, there's a new process in for it this year.

Everything you need is here, you'll need to apply online and start filling out the forms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Hey everyone.
            I've half of my susi application filled out but I think it's all wrong now. For the parent part I put down how much my guardian made in 2011 and I the only slot I said was N/A. I'm now in the hospital waiting room and my nan, my guardian is dying. I don't know what to do. Do I put down on my susi application that I have no one now? Are there any other grants I could get? I don't know why I'm even doing this now, I just need something else to focus on I guess. I really want to go to college but now I have nothing. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Hey everyone.
            I've half of my susi application filled out but I think it's all wrong now. For the parent part I put down how much my guardian made in 2011 and I the only slot I said was N/A. I'm now in the hospital waiting room and my nan, my guardian is dying. I don't know what to do. Do I put down on my susi application that I have no one now? Are there any other grants I could get? I don't know why I'm even doing this now, I just need something else to focus on I guess. I really want to go to college but now I have nothing. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.
            Sorry to hear that about your grandmother.

The only thing I would advise you to do is contact SUSI through their email or phone number with that enquiry. I don't think anyone here would have a correct answer to those questions tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

spurious wrote: »
            What documents can you not get copies of?
            P60 for example

• Advertisement
          • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Wilwarin wrote: »
            I just rang SUSI and asked do I have to send the documents if my sister has already sent them. They said that I have to. What about the documents that I can't get twice?
            Can you not download that from the revenue commission? I remember my dad doing that when I was applying for the HEAR scheme in feb

Advertisement