Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Neodymium wrote: »
    Would a copy of the page with my leaving cert results be adequate to show that I have sat the leaving cert for evidence of my residence in Ireland?

You need a copy of the junior cert and leaving cert results. The school holds a copy of all past pupils junior cert results so you can get them there if you don't have them to hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Are UCD looking for the application reference or student reference number?

EDIT: Well I entered the student reference number.
    UCD say I'm exempt from tuition charges but owe the student contribution charge.
    Can I pay the charge and reclaim the money later on? (This is far from ideal but I only applied to SUSI today so it will be a while before I get "the letter")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Guys,

Just filling in my Trinity Fee form here.
    is the SUSI application number at the top of the grant application form called "reference" and is in format W12XXXXXXXX99 ? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wibblin

Guys,

Just filling in my Trinity Fee form here.
    is the SUSI application number at the top of the grant application form called "reference" and is in format W12XXXXXXXX99 ? :-/

yup that's it indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Is it ok to go ahead with adding SUSI as a sponsor on the Tcd My finance tab when you haven't had full confirmation? I have sent back the documents they have requested after I got a reply from them after my initial application and now waiting on a reply..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Steevy

lauz94 wrote: »
    Is it ok to go ahead with adding SUSI as a sponsor on the Tcd My finance tab when you haven't had full confirmation? I have sent back the documents they have requested after I got a reply from them after my initial application and now waiting on a reply..

Yes you can once your 100% sure you'll get your grant. There's no point waiting for SUSI approval which may take months!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Steevy wrote: »
    Yes you can once your 100% sure you'll get your grant. There's no point waiting for SUSI approval which may take months!

Ok thank you :) Pretty sure I'll get student contribution paid by Susi..will we really be waiting a few months for confirmation?!

lauz94 wrote: »
    Ok thank you :) Pretty sure I'll get student contribution paid by Susi..will we really be waiting a few months for confirmation?!

Yes, depending on when you submitted your application. SUSI approval letters will be sent from Mid-Sept until Jan 2012 really, but still it wont affect your registration or studies as it is awaiting!... Once you re approved, SUSI will pay directly to the college of your choosing, and will pay your maintenance grant into your bank account on a monthly basis if applicable.

Since you re 100% certain you'll get your contribution charge paid on your behalf, all you have to do is enjoy college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Lads it won't let me put in the amount of weeks my dad was on Jobseeker's Allowance for. This whole thing is a bit dodgy tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Wiirdo wrote: »
    Lads it won't let me put in the amount of weeks my dad was on Jobseeker's Allowance for. This whole thing is a bit dodgy tbh.

Try a different web browser if you think there's problems with the site.

• Advertisement

Wiirdo wrote: »
    1. Use Mozilla Firefox as it is the best browser
    2. Make sure that you re good with Internet Browser
    3. Try and familiarise yourself with SUSI application and seek for FAQ when stuck.
    4. Get someone good with computer to do it for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Just got told my social welfare form didn't get received and I have to send it again.. I've sent it TWICE already.. is this a joke like? :mad:

Avox wrote: »
    Just got told my social welfare form didn't get received and I have to send it again.. I've sent it TWICE already.. is this a joke like? :mad:

Send it Via Express-Post or Registered-Post this time. It should be received!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Steevy wrote: »
    1. Use Mozilla Firefox as it is the best browser
    2. Make sure that you re good with Internet Browser
    3. Try and familiarise yourself with SUSI application and seek for FAQ when stuck.
    4. Get someone good with computer to do it for ya.

I agree Firefox is the best browser, but CDVEC who run SUSI are very fond of IE for many of their internal sites, so don't rule that out when trying different browsers.

spurious wrote: »
    I agree Firefox is the best browser, but CDVEC who run SUSI are very fond of IE for many of their internal sites, so don't rule that out when trying different browsers.

I know what you mean, but I asked you to use Firefox cos that what I used and it has no problem with SUSI site whatsoever. Hope your problem has been solved anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NC12

I also got a letter a few days ago saying that social welfare statement for my father wasnt received even though it was sent with all other documents etc birth cert, results, proof of address.

Rang them up and after waiting over 20 mins just to speak to someone they told me to send it again if I WANT and if not email them saying why.

No help what so ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I applied for mine, but I've a problem. I used the 2010 figures from my dad's business, because the 2011 ones weren't done. Now the 2011 ones are done. Can I just send them those figures if/when they ask for documentation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Hey guys, all my documentation was sent off a few days ago. However I only sent off a social welfare statement for my mum as my dad lives in the North (he's also on social welfare). Is this ok? Will it affect my grant application at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NC12

Hey guys, all my documentation was sent off a few days ago. However I only sent off a social welfare statement for my mum as my dad lives in the North (he's also on social welfare). Is this ok? Will it affect my grant application at all?

I think that you only need to send the statement for which ever one you are claiming under.

I am under my fathers name and live with him and i only had to send off his social welfare statement even though their is shared custody between him and my mother and i would stay with her on a regular enough basis and she works.

NC12 wrote: »
    I think that you only need to send the statement for which ever one you are claiming under.

I am under my fathers name and live with him and i only had to send off his social welfare statement even though their is shared custody between him and my mother and i would stay with her on a regular enough basis and she works.

AFAIK you have to include both unless you can prove you have no contact with the other parent :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

Will SUSI automatically tell UCD that I have grant or do I have to give them my application number or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zaynabx

hey, does anyone know hw much u actually get for the grant ?..and is the contribution fee paid separately ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

AFAIK you have to include both unless you can prove you have no contact with the other parent :confused:

Are you sure? Does it say on the website? I hope it's not like that.

Are you sure? Does it say on the website? I hope it's not like that.

There's a massive pdf file you can download on it and there's something in there about it! My friend had to send in a letter from a solicitor saying that she has no contact with her dad so I'd say so :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

How do you get certified copies of documents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

How do you get certified copies of documents?

If that's the passport one I think you go to the Gardai with the photocopy and your original passport and they put a stamp on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bad_daze

Ok I realllyy need help and Boards wont let me post a new thread-grr!!
    Basically I'm going to orientation tomorrow at UL,I've enrolled online but I have to register tomorrow and also pay my fees.The only thing is,I haven't got a letter to say I'm definitely getting the grant yet!Just a letter from SUSI saying they need my birth cert etc, and then I should qualify.

My parents seriously don't have the money for the fees and I wont be able to register without the letter from SUSI...is there anything I can do until I get the grant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

bad_daze wrote: »
    Ok I realllyy need help and Boards wont let me post a new thread-grr!!
    Basically I'm going to orientation tomorrow at UL,I've enrolled online but I have to register tomorrow and also pay my fees.The only thing is,I haven't got a letter to say I'm definitely getting the grant yet!Just a letter from SUSI saying they need my birth cert etc, and then I should qualify.

My parents seriously don't have the money for the fees and I wont be able to register without the letter from SUSI...is there anything I can do until I get the grant?

Bring your letter from susi which states you are approved for the next step the one you mentioned above that's all you need don't worry. Once you can prove that you have applied for the grant you don't have to pay fees tomorrow. All the college wants is your grant number on the sheet already mention. No one has received there grant yet this is all you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Like some others, my son got a letter today saying that we hadn't included the Social Welfare info but I had the one filled in from the site and a print out of my current benefits and they were sent in weeks ago.

Going to try ringing them tomorrow. Thankfully I kept copies of everything so can sent them again.

• Advertisement

Witchie wrote: »
    Like some others, my son got a letter today saying that we hadn't included the Social Welfare info but I had the one filled in from the site and a print out of my current benefits and they were sent in weeks ago.

Going to try ringing them tomorrow. Thankfully I kept copies of everything so can sent them again.

Must be something with the social welfare forms so, exact same thing happened to me!

Advertisement