Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

This whole grant process is a bit of a joke tbh! I was given the list of documents to get and had everything bar ONE. We ended up waiting three weeks to get this document, and then we were told that there was no need for that specific document. If I had known that, I would've sent my documents last month. God knows how long I'll be waiting now on something I cant afford to wait for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Anyone else get an email from SUSI? Just got one today:

Dear leaveiton,

Your application is at the provisionally awarded stage. To complete your application you will need to submit a Final Course Acceptance Form. Please log onto www.cdvec.ie/student-Supports/grants.aspx and download the Final Course Acceptance Form. Return the completed form to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) PO Box 12210, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, as soon as possible.

Thank you

SUSI Support Team

leaveiton wrote: »
    Anyone else get an email from SUSI? Just got one today:

Dear leaveiton,

Your application is at the provisionally awarded stage. To complete your application you will need to submit a Final Course Acceptance Form. Please log onto www.cdvec.ie/student-Supports/grants.aspx and download the Final Course Acceptance Form. Return the completed form to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) PO Box 12210, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, as soon as possible.

Thank you

SUSI Support Team

How long ago did you send the documentation, can I ask? :) I'm gonna check now but its doubtful that I got something yet!

AnnaKin wrote: »
    How long ago did you send the documentation, can I ask? :) I'm gonna check now but its doubtful that I got something yet!

I think I sent it around the end of July, if that helps :)

I think I sent it around the end of July, if that helps :)

Ooooh...it does :( :pac:

Well in that case I wont get my hopes up for hearing from them any time soon, I sent mine at the end of August :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I got the same today, I sent my documents on the 6th of August.

GarIT wrote: »
    I got the same today, I sent my documents on the 6th of August.

Hmmm maybe its to do with initial applications and they have us sorted by that then? I'll keep checking thanks guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi All,

Got a letter myself in the post this morning, stating that they needed extra information! - Naturally, i was highly disgusted, meaning id have to wait even longer! - But even more so, when i found out that they where asking for stuff i already had submitted!

I rang SUSI, who informed me that it was a mistake on there part, BUT, i still had to send in a letter, stating all of this!!

My Mother was also asked for social welfare statements, even though, again, we already had them in!!

Ill be sending that letter off ASAP anyway, here's hoping, that i hear back soon!!

Rob

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My partner's son was asked again for copies of documents he sent off in August. Not so easy to organise since he now has some of them with him in college at the other end of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭michelleling

Hi All,

Got a letter myself in the post this morning, stating that they needed extra information! - Naturally, i was highly disgusted, meaning id have to wait even longer! - But even more so, when i found out that they where asking for stuff i already had submitted!

I rang SUSI, who informed me that it was a mistake on there part, BUT, i still had to send in a letter, stating all of this!!

My Mother was also asked for social welfare statements, even though, again, we already had them in!!

Ill be sending that letter off ASAP anyway, here's hoping, that i hear back soon!!

Rob
    spurious wrote: »
    My partner's son was asked again for copies of documents he sent off in August. Not so easy to organise since he now has some of them with him in college at the other end of the country.

I was asked for the documents that I have already submitted too!.. What the heck is wrong with SUSI? Really what in the hell? Very unprofessional and careless!.. They should get a grip and stop losing people's documents!

• Advertisement

Rang up today, just found out that they havent even looked at my documents, and that it could take up to three weeks for them to look at them. Then, they said if all is well i should know in five weeks whats happening. That means that the grant wont be near until the middle of october :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Ringing myself later on, unless they get their act together I could be looking at November or after. :L haven't got any letter to send them in. xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Out of interest, how do you get the money? Do they send out a check or will they ask me for my bank account details?

Out of interest, how do you get the money? Do they send out a check or will they ask me for my bank account details?

Think it's bank account, not sure though.

Think it's bank account, not sure though.

Have they asked you for your bank account details? They haven't asked me for any of that :L

Have they asked you for your bank account details? They haven't asked me for any of that :L

No, they haven't asked for anything but I'm pretty sure that's how it's worked in the past, might be different this year though with the new system. All I know is my mam was pressuring me to set up an account and saying that I'll need it for the grant :pac:

No, they haven't asked for anything but I'm pretty sure that's how it's worked in the past, might be different this year though with the new system. All I know is my mam was pressuring me to set up an account and saying that I'll need it for the grant :pac:

I set one up as well just for the grant. Just realised today that they don't even know my account details :pac:
    I don't care anyway, as long as they pay up one way or another.

I have mine ready too :pac: As far as I know its sent electronically (thats what it said somewhere) But they wont ask until its confirmed I think :o

It'd be much handier if it went in direct debit. Effort of going to the bank to cash a check that'll take a few days to clear after that :pac:

It'd be much handier if it went in direct debit. Effort of going to the bank to cash a check that'll take a few days to clear after that :pac:

Sure they're gonna keep us waiting some way or another :pac:

• Advertisement

Sure they're gonna keep us waiting some way or another :pac:

I think the first payment is 29th of October so yeah, still a bit to go :L

I think the first payment is 29th of October so yeah, still a bit to go :L

Really? D: Where'd ya hear that? :eek:

Really? D: Where'd ya hear that? :eek:

Seen it when I was snooping around here one night. Can't find it again now so don't hold me to it :p

Seen it when I was snooping around here one night. Can't find it again now so don't hold me to it :p

:pac: well thats ok! It would seem to be right though, I got told by susi today that it would take me to mid october to find out if i've actually got the grant :rolleyes: So I'd say thats right :p

:pac: well thats ok! It would seem to be right though, I got told by susi today that it would take me to mid october to find out if i've actually got the grant :rolleyes: So I'd say thats right :p

I just rang them there and he said the same thing. Tis grand stuff :p

Ofcourse it goes directly into your account. Who says it doesnt?

Ofcourse it goes directly into your account. Who says it doesnt?

I was only asking. I dunno :rolleyes:

Yes it does dont worry. And for those of you wondering when and if then will ask for you bank account details, ofcourse they will.

At the final stage of your Grant Application Process, they will give you a address of a webpage where you will download a letter that you will fill in your course details, if you re getting BTEA or not and your Bank Account Details.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fooree

Hey what would happen if I applied a grant to WIT and it got accepted. But then next year I have to transfer to DIT. Would I have to apply for a new grant then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yes it does dont worry. And for those of you wondering when and if then will ask for you bank account details, ofcourse they will.

At the final stage of your Grant Application Process, they will give you a address of a webpage where you will download a letter that you will fill in your course details, if you re getting BTEA or not and your Bank Account Details.

I've done the final stage and there is no mention of bank details.

Advertisement