Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭michelleling

GarIT wrote: »
    I've done the final stage and there is no mention of bank details.

Did you submitted your bank statement during your application process? If yes then you re sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Did you submitted your bank statement during your application process? If yes then you re sorted!

Nope, I was never asked for one. I only submitted p45, p21, birth cert and proof of living in Ireland.

GarIT wrote: »
    Nope, I was never asked for one. I only submitted p45, p21, birth cert and proof of living in Ireland.

I see, well in your case they will ask you of your bank details when your grant is approved. If they dont, then ring then to confirm. But I am 100% sure that they'll pay you via direct debit on a monthly basis if qualified for a maintenance grant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shehulk

Hi there,
    I know normally your payments start in October, however, I've never received a grant before and was wondering what month the payments stop around Summer? Also, are you usually paid one months worth in October, or do you receive a back-month for September too?
    Cheers

Shehulk wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I know normally your payments start in October, however, I've never received a grant before and was wondering what month the payments stop around Summer? Also, are you usually paid one months worth in October, or do you receive a back-month for September too?
    Cheers

No back-month for Sep, you just get a payment from October onwards and on a monthly basis.

I think the payment stops on 31st June since they start paying people from October and not September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I think SUSI have forgotten about me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

I see, well in your case they will ask you of your bank details when your grant is approved. If they dont, then ring then to confirm. But I am 100% sure that they'll pay you via direct debit on a monthly basis if qualified for a maintenance grant!

The money is actually paid out by the college, you would have given the college your account details in the registration process.

Level 6/7 is paid in monthly installments. Level 8 is paid in 3/4 goes? and I think you have to collect that from the college could be wrong on that bit.

The money is actually paid out by the college, you would have given the college your account details in the registration process.

Level 6/7 is paid in monthly installments. Level 8 is paid in 3/4 goes? and I think you have to collect that from the college could be wrong on that bit.

The SUSI is a new system and the payment is made on a monthly installments unlike CDVEC.

SUSI will extract some information from your college including your bank details, and thats how you get paid on a monthly basis if you're eligible for Maintenance Grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shehulk

No back-month for Sep, you just get a payment from October onwards and on a monthly basis.

I think the payment stops on 31st June since they start paying people from October and not September.

Oh ok, thanks for that. I just checked my grantsonline.ie application page and the Application Status box is empty, has anyone got anything different there, even if it's just a "pending"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

I just checked my grantsonline.ie application page and the Application Status box is empty, has anyone got anything different there, even if it's just a "pending"?

Just checked my son's application with grantsonline.ie also, it states no applications have been made. Strange we have applied and I emailed SUSI Tuesday had a response yesterday advising that his application was: "currently under review and you will hear from us in due course. Unfortunately, I cannot offer any time frame on this."

We got the original letter stating he was deemed eligable and would now progress to the next level, he showed this to his his college at time of registration. What does deemed eligable mean that his Registration fees will at least be paid?? Why is grantsonline.ie stating No Applications have been made ??

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

I have got a mail saying that they have forwarded my application and I have to send them the required documents. When will they send them back? Im not saying about the copyable ones but I sent them my passport and I will need it soon :P Anyone got their documents back? I submitted my application over 2 months ago and the documents over a month ago now.

Wilwarin wrote: »
    I have got a mail saying that they have forwarded my application and I have to send them the required documents. When will they send them back? Im not saying about the copyable ones but I sent them my passport and I will need it soon :P Anyone got their documents back? I submitted my application over 2 months ago and the documents over a month ago now.

They won't send any documents back, they have to keep everything you sent, if you read what it says you'll see they asked for a photocopy of your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

****... :| I don't know how could I overlook this little detail... I will ask them via mail what can I do now. And what did they mean by CERTIFIED copy of passport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

My son got an email Friday from SUSI looking for the Course Acceptance form which he sent to them yesterday. (Has to be stamped by College etc).

We then got a letter today looking for documentation (including Course Acceptance form) that we already sent with the initial request for documentation.
    I phoned SUSI helpdesk this morning and the advisor I spoke to said all the required documentation seem to be there but I better send in the few items again that they specified even though details were already on their system.

Just wondering has this happened to anyone else, is it normal to request information twice ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Keep getting emails saying URGENT but they don't really tell me much in it. I'm done with this. I've sent in all the documents they asked for and they're still annoying me with things. They can fuck off.

Wilwarin wrote: »
    what did they mean by CERTIFIED copy of passport?

You take the copy and your actual passport to the gaurds and they stamp the copy to say that its real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Just double checking, the social welfare document yoke has to be from the year 2011, right? :)

Just double checking, the social welfare document yoke has to be from the year 2011, right? :)

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlexDublin

omg i cant believe they requested your documents twice. what the hell is going on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

got a panicked call from my daughter in college as she tried to get a student ID card, that the college hadn't received confirmation of her grant yet. I faxed in the letter they sent a while back to say that she was through the first stage and listing the docs we had to send back. She has phoned SUSI a number of times but no actual proper update just saying that it was in progress and no time frame could be given. Has anyone actually received confirmation that they are getting the grant? If so can they post here? Want to keep an eye on this. Filled in this thing online ages ago and then about a month later they request documentation which took couple of weeks to pull together and I sent in immediately once I had it.. now nothing.. And it's nearly October..

• Advertisement

welcome to our world dubdub. seems that everyone is in your situation or worse. some people have been asked to re-submit the same documents again...??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

AlexDublin wrote: »
    welcome to our world dubdub. seems that everyone is in your situation or worse. some people have been asked to re-submit the same documents again...??!!!

That has happened to me too. Like seriously, what kind of idiots are they? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

It's an absolute disgrace.. It's bad enough if the payment is delayed or something, but not to even inform people whether they are entitled to a grant and how much a few weeks into most courses?? It was probably too ambitious to move all new grant applications over to SUSI in the one year.. I find it mind boggling that people are being asked to resubmit paperwork especially when you've to send it all in, in the one go and not piecemeal.. If anyone hears anything about confirmation can they post? Have phoned these a few times but really no info forthcoming..

i totally agree dubdub

mayoboy - maybe give them a buzz and send in your course acceptance form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I sent in the information last month. I'm literally living on, idk, €30 a week? I had to get my nan to put money in my bank account so that I can go home for my mam's birthday. It's ridiculous now, and we don't even get a payment till October. Will all the grants be ready by then, even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi, does anyone know what this means?

Year 12/13
    Application Ref W121310XXXXXX
    Date Commenced 23/08/2012
    Date Submitted 24/08/2012
    Progress Completed 100%
    Status Submitted
    Application Status [BLANK]

Like most of you guys, I've heard nothing back at all!

I don't see any 'pending' anywhere??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

keredern wrote: »

Year 12/13
    Progress Completed 100%
    Status Submitted

I think everyone's the same, however I completed my online form in June and sent off my documents at the start of July (i.e. almost 12 weeks ago). You'll probably be waiting a LONG time before you get any confirmation of anything seeing as you did the online application less then a month ago!

It's ridiculous! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

keredern wrote: »

Year 12/13
    Progress Completed 100%
    Status Submitted

I think everyone's the same, however I completed my online form in June and sent off my documents at the start of July (i.e. almost 12 weeks ago). You'll probably be waiting a LONG time before you get any confirmation of anything seeing as you did the online application less then a month ago!

It's ridiculous! :mad:

Yes, I figured my application is well down the line!

Just wondered about the fact that it doesn't say 'pending' anywhere?

Anyway, no point in worrying, they'll get to it eventually!

In the mean time bread&water will suffice! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The copy of the passport I sent in was out of date, hope its ok :confused:

Advertisement